Summer of Love

Here you can comment on news articles.
Byun
Gryphon Knight

Postby Byun » Aug 06, 2018 22:38

Genjiro wrote:
Byun wrote:Then i tried to get some people together via the /lfg command but i got a warning because i included a comma ?! The message: /lfg lfm rvr, fgm out couldn't be sent because of a ****** comma.

The problem was/is not the comma, it is the spreading of RvR information in an group building channel.
Please try "lfm RvR" or "<class> lfg RvR" and it should work without any problems.

Spreading information on MY realm, about the enemy on the OTHER realm. How else are you supposed to get people to do anything? Gotta spread information somehow. The realm swap timers are still in place if im not mistaken, so nobody can see informations, he shouldn't be able to. And when i typed the same thing with a minus in between , it magically worked so i dunno 'bout that. And it is not like you give us any other option to spread this kind of information. Broad chat is restriced, Trade chat is restricted, gotta keep it 2002.
This narrow-minded attitude is what im talking about. Can't you guys think further than your set of rules you set up some day? Are you guys even playing the game yourself? I'm just bringing my opinion but having a global voice chat without any restrictions and other quality of life changes actually make the game more enjoyable outside of RvR. Maybe i was wrong and you guys are indeed just afraid because there is finally some competition with another server that isnt falling apart stability wise (looking at you Genesis. You implement random things that might bring back people, without addressing the actual flaws in the flow of the game.

Seksy
Eagle Knight

Postby Seksy » Aug 06, 2018 22:48

Yea that is pretty silly lol...

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Aug 06, 2018 22:55

Byun wrote: You implement random things that might bring back people, without addressing the actual flaws in the flow of the game.

Spot on.
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » Aug 06, 2018 23:00

Byun wrote:You implement random things that might bring back people, without addressing the actual flaws in the flow of the game.

Issues are not randomly implemented. They followed the recommendation and voting in the player Council which brought these problems up to discussion. And you will agree that its not possible to do all at once. Its a step-by-step process we have to work through. Not all will like every change as we already noticed. Still we attempt to find the golden middle way with the best compromise possible.
It's done when it's done. Thanks for your patience.
Every bug gets fixed. Sooner or later.

"It is an inescapable law of nature that the amount of satisfaction one gains from achieving something
is related to how hard it is and easy things can only elicit a fleeting superficial sort of pleasure."

Blue says, "you used macro tools or macro keyboard"
Pala says, "i am disabled. and i have a mechanic left hand that can be programed. its hard to play woith one hand"

[Appeal] Bxxxxxxxx: "why is RA first aid cann man i stealth use and not unstealth cann man ra if man use unstealth ?????????"
BannedUser: "i was not using automate game action my hand was fall on keyboard during i was sleep .... i was completly fall on keyboard ..."

Splitquick
Myrmidon

Postby Splitquick » Aug 06, 2018 23:35

ZaiQQ wrote:
Genjiro wrote:
Byun wrote:Then i tried to get some people together via the /lfg command but i got a warning because i included a comma ?! The message: /lfg lfm rvr, fgm out couldn't be sent because of a ****** comma.

The problem was/is not the comma, it is the spreading of RvR information in an group building channel.
Please try "lfm RvR" or "<class> lfg RvR" and it should work without any problems.

And this is so detrimental why? alerting people theres action out, is a great way to... get more action.

It devalues guild and alliance information. I know on many occasions I had Romu msg me about a keep under attack or RvR information that I relayed to our alliance, same with me.

Theres a lot of layers to Daoc, and a lot of perks to being in a large/active guild/alliance. One of those advantages is you might see a message come across that says /as Exactly 16 hibs at the border of penn/hw! And they have no fear of being banned or in trouble for saying it. Try saying that in /lfg ;)

I don't think you're totally wrong, I'm just offering up a different side of the opinion. :)
We Play for Keeps - Alliance
Guild Leader
Splitquick

Warjon
Gryphon Knight

Postby Warjon » Aug 06, 2018 23:38

Blue wrote:
Byun wrote:You implement random things that might bring back people, without addressing the actual flaws in the flow of the game.

Issues are not randomly implemented. They followed the recommendation and voting in the player Council which brought these problems up to discussion. And you will agree that its not possible to do all at once. Its a step-by-step process we have to work through. Not all will like every change as we already noticed. Still we attempt to find the golden middle way with the best compromise possible.

It is amazing all the angst generated in these threads! Especially now that changes are being made. Lol, But, why do I have to open my presents last!??

Myrmidon

Postby Top » Aug 06, 2018 23:39

I'm surprised you devs haven't figured out the whole population issue. You've certainly been around long enough and done this whole song and dance before.

Any minor changes aren't going to revitalize the server, I think you know that.

No matter how much the morons complain about pots or Xp rate or anything like that, none of it matters.

It has never mattered and never will matter for long term population.

All people want is something fresh and new. A new chance to theorycraft, a new hope to actually be good once the slate is wiped clean and the rules of engagement change.

All the ****** groups who got dumpstered at the start of Uth2 will go to Phoenix and think "this is my chance to be good, Uthgard was too imbalanced!"

The same ****** happens every single time.

Once people realize they suck and they don't want to login just to get frustrated and die, they quit. The ruleset in which they die doesn't matter.

---------

Uth 1.0 died because a new server was released where people could start over with a clean slate, they had hope.

Once that hope is gone, so are they.

While origins/genesis was dieing all people could say was "OMG I can't wait for Uth 2.0!"

Now that Uth 2.0 has been out and there is no more hope and people have left, all they can say is "OMG I can't wait for Phoenix!"

That server will die in 3 months too, just like all the others before it.

Look at wow classic freeshards, they're the same exact thing except their devs have figured out the system.

Release a new server for people to level on, at the 3 month mark, their rivals release a new fresh server for people to level on, 3 months later, another new server is released, and the cycle repeats itself.

---------------------

This is why MMOs must constantly add new content, and new expansions to keep population.

If live daoc was frozen in time in SI forever, it would have certainly died a long time ago. They had to release expansions (as bad as many of them were) to keep population.

New xpack -> 3 month population spike -> server pop declines -> new content -> repeat.

-----------------

The only real solution I've heard is what some of the live devs were talking about for their new server type where it runs for 6 months/1 year on a certain ruleset (toa, darkness rising, catacombs, etc) and resets consistently.

I can only assume that kind of undertaking is too much for a freelance Dev team and even if it weren't I don't think I'd suggest taking that route.

Uthgard is the gold standard for daoc freeshards but you're fighting people's short-sightedness and their search for the next quick dopamine hit.
<Telus>

Warjon
Gryphon Knight

Postby Warjon » Aug 06, 2018 23:46

Top wrote: TXT

Well said. As I said earlier 1 yr resets!! Still one can also hope that Blue and Co can come up with a formula to bring in 800 - 1000.
As we speak, I know of no other place that has a chance to do that.

Zaya
Myrmidon

Postby Zaya » Aug 07, 2018 00:18

Hello

and thank you for the news and changes :) Although I'm a bit concerned about class mechanics being touched, I will give it a go and check them out.

Some people here don't seem to understand: this isn't christmas. Changes should only be made if they are needed and help to improve the server.

Keep up the good work :)

Best wishes
Zaya

RazorRamon
Gryphon Knight

Postby RazorRamon » Aug 07, 2018 00:35

Wow, what awesome changes.. makes me really wish I would have grabbed my PC before my house burnt to the ground. Animals and important paperwork first .....I guess. Just salty I can't log in to check this all out lol. /Jealousy on.

Zwingler
INVADER

Postby Zwingler » Aug 07, 2018 00:49

Thanks guys for these grat changes, It's my opinion that the game improved a lot and the server is getting better and better!
Great job, well done with the Players Council.
See you,
Zwingler

Roxxor
Gryphon Knight

Postby Roxxor » Aug 07, 2018 00:59

Wow thats really many awesome fixes.
I love them, let us hope this will drive some hundred player back to Uthgard!
You got me definetly back and i dont care for the past.
In 3 Weeks i am back again with bard or vw or some xptoons.

Good Job and thanks to the Council and Staff
Rox
Danke Uthgard für 10 Jahre
Sent: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:01 am
To: Roxxor

If you arent having fun just stop posting. No need to ****** post on the forum. Go outside and enjoy the sunshine.
------------------
I am posting here because i have no fun and tried to rescue Uthgard.
Finally i did it like half of staff, i gave up...

darkageofcamelot
Guardian

Postby darkageofcamelot » Aug 07, 2018 01:04

mmm looks like reg end still 3minutes.... and still you have to sit for reg? well.. it would be fair to have reg endo 10min? or at least little passive reg end while moving for tank?

Jerrian
Phoenix Knight

Postby Jerrian » Aug 07, 2018 02:04

RazorRamon wrote:Wow, what awesome changes.. makes me really wish I would have grabbed my PC before my house burnt to the ground. Animals and important paperwork first .....I guess. Just salty I can't log in to check this all out lol. /Jealousy on.

Wow, sorry to hear man, hope you and you family and animals are alright. :|

Jerrian
Phoenix Knight

Postby Jerrian » Aug 07, 2018 02:15

Top wrote: TXT

Well, I dunno if you ´re trolling or not. Uth1 died because it got changed into something, that did not was liked by the majority of the community anymore. As the the new server appeared, Uthgards population was already pretty much down. With Uth2 the desired setup was further focused and it still wasn ´t liked that much, therefore we got into struggle.

With the new concept change, Uth is focussing more in gamefun and that ´s imho a good thing. I like the changes, and looking forward to it.
Ofc the new shard will have much ppl who check the server and setup, we will see what it ´s gonna be, and if it ´s last. I would like to see both shards having a healthy population and players who enjoy the servers.

PreviousNext

Return to News