Summer of Love

Here you can comment on news articles.
Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » Aug 06, 2018 11:52

Dear Players,

As mentioned in our previous news post changes are now imminently coming to Uthgard. The Staff and the Player Council has begun its work and we see quite productive discussions and decisions already. This is a followup to the 'Summer Heat - A Look Forward' news and we would like to inform you of further changes that have been made and are available today.

The following changes have been discussed and carefully thought through in the player council and were voted to be implemented.

Multiple Charge Potions
    The Alchemy craft skill has been reworked. All potions have been upgraded to have multiple charges. You can now craft elixirs, potions and draughts with respective 3, 6 or 9 charges on it. We also removed the upcrafting. This means you can craft the potion in one step from ingredients. In addition the coloring of the different potion types (patch V1.68) was implemented.

Auto Train
    We decided to remove Auto Train from the game in the next days. This will be implemented original as in Patch 1.87. All classes which auto train will be respecced on login. You will see a message when that happens.

As reference these are the original patch notes which will apply to Uthgard:

-------------------------
    The current autotraining system has been revised. It will no longer punish players who spend points early in their careers.

- Characters will no longer auto train skills as they gain levels.

- When training a skill that would normally have autotrained, a player will not be charged points up to their character level's maximum autotrained skill level. Example: An Armsman who has zero slash at level 50 will not be charged for their first 12 points. After 12, they will be charged points normally for that skill.

- If you have a higher skill than what would be awarded to you by autotraining at that level, the points that would have been awarded are refunded to your skill point pool. Example: If you have 40 slash, and you hit a level 48, you normally would have been autotrained to 12 slash. Since you have a higher slash than 12, those 12 points are refunded to your pool.

- The skill points will be consistent if you train through a trainer or use a respec.

-------------------------

Mana regeneration
    We have removed the mana regeneration penalty under 50% while a player is sitting. This change will maintain the tactical importance of power management as sitting makes a player vulnerable.

Paladin
    Paladins endurance chant has been increased in range to 1500 units.

Crafted Weapon Lusters
    Alongside the draught potions Alchemy changes players will now be able to craft weapon lusters.

Hasteners in RvR
    Speed of the Realm duration has been increased from 4 to 7 minutes.

Determination Realm Ability
    Paladin, Reaver, Valewalker, Champion and Thane will now have access to Determination up to level 3.

/xp off
    The /xp off command has been implemented. You can use it to stop gaining any XP. Use it again to toggle it. It can be useful for players who want to max out their RP in the battlegrounds without exceeding the maximum level of the BG.

There is a lot under discussion which we have to work through and we will soon follow with another set of changes and features. We are excited at the direction the server is taking and we hope you enjoy this news and the news to come.

Before ending this news post we want to remind players of the changes that went live already with our last news post:

• Dot on map for you and your group members
    • Horse routes in RvR zones
    • Bind in battlegrounds
    • No realm point penalty while dead for grouped players
    • Starter guilds joined an alliance, so players in there can communicate with other starter guilds realm wide[/b]
    • Realm transfer was shortened from 7 days to 48h
    • Realm transfer will be nearly immediate (5 min) if you was not logged in the last 5 days

More to come in the next news. Until then, see you on the battlefield!

Your Uthgard Staff
It's done when it's done. Thanks for your patience.
Every bug gets fixed. Sooner or later.

"It is an inescapable law of nature that the amount of satisfaction one gains from achieving something
is related to how hard it is and easy things can only elicit a fleeting superficial sort of pleasure."

Blue says, "you used macro tools or macro keyboard"
Pala says, "i am disabled. and i have a mechanic left hand that can be programed. its hard to play woith one hand"

[Appeal] Bxxxxxxxx: "why is RA first aid cann man i stealth use and not unstealth cann man ra if man use unstealth ?????????"
BannedUser: "i was not using automate game action my hand was fall on keyboard during i was sleep .... i was completly fall on keyboard ..."

Requin
Eagle Knight

Postby Requin » Aug 06, 2018 12:27

Paladin:
Det 3
Endo Range to 1500
Removed Autotrain

Minstrel:
Removed Autotrain

Cool for Albion, theyl have more minstrels and Paladin to level up with!

And both Paladin and Minstrel can become Alchemists!

It's great for Hibernia to have Champion and Valewalker with Det3, looking forward to try these two classes.
Reminder to Self: Quality over Quantity, what is the Value here?

Oldman01
Guardian

Postby Oldman01 » Aug 06, 2018 12:28

Some nice changes, and a (much needed) boost for Alb in particular.

Hope there is more good stuff to come.

cba
INVADER

Postby cba » Aug 06, 2018 12:34

Now lets reduce craft time on those potions please, good job so far

waugl
Warder

Postby waugl » Aug 06, 2018 12:42

good stuff!

now just an exp increase in any form and i am completely happy! just hoping player numbers a increasing again for good grouping and rvr.

thanks for your work, keep it up that way and things are looking up again!

Laberintica
Warder

Postby Laberintica » Aug 06, 2018 12:51

Det 3 for hybrid melee classes is huge finally, not only you had to fight the PUG for a spot but then you had to fight your own realm to convince them that you were worthwhile.

Server stability: Have you all thought about moving the server location? Part of the reason many EST- US players can't play is due to the huge packet loss represented while trying to reach your server. Even with a GPN or VPN connection (There's many many posts about it under the support forum). Uthgard 1.0 reprsented no problem while connecting from US/EST.

Thanks for the changes - looking forward to come back one day /cheers and have a great day.

thaneel
Myrmidon

Postby thaneel » Aug 06, 2018 12:51

Nice changes :)

Thx staff !

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Aug 06, 2018 12:54

Laberintica wrote:Det 3 for hybrid melee classes is huge finally, not only you had to fight the PUG for a spot but then you had to fight your own realm to convince them that you were worthwhile.

Server stability: Have you all thought about moving the server location? Part of the reason many EST- US players can't play is due to the huge packet loss represented while trying to reach your server. Even with a GPN or VPN connection (There's many many posts about it under the support forum). Uthgard 1.0 reprsented no problem while connecting from US/EST.

Thanks for the changes - looking forward to come back one day /cheers and have a great day.

We have actually thought about setting up a proxy for US players which would give them a stable connection to the server (granted they had a stable connection to the proxy, which in the US is not always guaranteed unfortunately)
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » Aug 06, 2018 12:55

Laberintica wrote:Uthgard 1.0 reprsented no problem while connecting from US/EST.

We used the same provider on Uthgard 1. The only way to improve that would be a second server hosted in US with an optimized connection between the EU and US server. Unfortunately thats very time consuming to implement properly. A second instance of Uthgard hosted in US would be the easiest solution but that splits up the community.
It's done when it's done. Thanks for your patience.
Every bug gets fixed. Sooner or later.

"It is an inescapable law of nature that the amount of satisfaction one gains from achieving something
is related to how hard it is and easy things can only elicit a fleeting superficial sort of pleasure."

Blue says, "you used macro tools or macro keyboard"
Pala says, "i am disabled. and i have a mechanic left hand that can be programed. its hard to play woith one hand"

[Appeal] Bxxxxxxxx: "why is RA first aid cann man i stealth use and not unstealth cann man ra if man use unstealth ?????????"
BannedUser: "i was not using automate game action my hand was fall on keyboard during i was sleep .... i was completly fall on keyboard ..."

Aoiro
Warder

Postby Aoiro » Aug 06, 2018 12:56

Definitely peaked my interest. Especially det change. Although I fear maybe a little too late?
Aoiro Kyosei

Everything is blue.

escra
Warder

Postby escra » Aug 06, 2018 12:58

great changes!

only thing which doesn't work for me right now is,that I am not able to craft weaponlusters!
it simply doesn't start with the crafting process for some reason?!

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Aug 06, 2018 13:00

escra wrote:great changes!

only thing which doesn't work for me right now is,that I am not able to craft weaponlusters!

We are aware of a bug in mid / hib with weapon lusters, a solution will be deployed as soon as possible.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Aug 06, 2018 13:01

Aoiro wrote:Definitely peaked my interest. Especially det change. Although I fear maybe a little too late?

Changes are both good and dumb(det3 won't solve the problem of idiotic patch level with slow heals and the generally imbalanced old RAs), but we're not living in the dark ages so people can read and give it a try, even if they had quit. Btw, all this crap about "omg this and this will bring more people" is pure nonsense. The overwhelming majority of people who left and quit are people who are not cut out for this game and basically the same addicts always make the majority of the stable population. All the population spikes are just due to people who will move on eventually when they get bored with all the free stuff.
It is what it is.

escra
Warder

Postby escra » Aug 06, 2018 13:04

Trishin wrote:
escra wrote:great changes!

We are aware of a bug in mid / hib with weapon lusters, a solution will be deployed as soon as possible.

okay cool!thx for the quick respone :)
good work guys!

Xalara
Gryphon Knight

Postby Xalara » Aug 06, 2018 13:06

This is pathetic. The only reason you are doing this is because you see that this other server is doing really well. If this wouldn't be the case, Uthgard's staff would have not moved a little finger. Your playerbase has demanded QoL changes for years and months, but you just flat out ignored them.

Next

Return to News