Summer of Love

Here you can comment on news articles.
Hasbulat
Myrmidon

Postby Hasbulat » Aug 07, 2018 02:48

Top wrote:
Now that Uth 2.0 has been out and there is no more hope and people have left, all they can say is "OMG I can't wait for Phoenix!"

I can talk for my self only, naturally, but i don't wait for release of Phoenix. Yes, I 've been testet it. But I don't see a reason, why I should switch there.

Here on Uthgard I have all classes I 'd like to play at level 50. All crafter I planed to have are ready. All my lvl 50 are temped and have some realm rank already. So, for what should I repead to level and to craft, to make new armors, collect items?

All I need, my guild and ally stay alive and we have enough enemies to run RvR.

I like the community at Uthgard. Moslems use to sy, if new boss comes, its always only the new one, not a better one. The same with freeshards, I think. And to much new things and toö easy game play is seldom the best way for the game.

I hope, Uthgard gets really needed new things without go out of balance.

And Phoenix gets too much of goodies, while very often too good becomes bad.

ZaiQQ
Eagle Knight

Postby ZaiQQ » Aug 07, 2018 03:03

Splitquick wrote:
It devalues guild and alliance information. I know on many occasions I had Romu msg me about a keep under attack or RvR information that I relayed to our alliance, same with me.

Theres a lot of layers to Daoc, and a lot of perks to being in a large/active guild/alliance. One of those advantages is you might see a message come across that says /as Exactly 16 hibs at the border of penn/hw! And they have no fear of being banned or in trouble for saying it. Try saying that in /lfg ;)

I don't think you're totally wrong, I'm just offering up a different side of the opinion. :)

Large guild/alliances also tend to come with a fair share of politics and drama, theres still alot of benefical things to being in one, even if we would be allowed to globally announce to our realm theres action. particularly during lower pop times (when there was 2k+ players, there wasnt a need to announce that theres action). Honestly think it frustrates more people not being able to announce it globally, then larger alliances losing the "monopoly" of it. But yeah, will always be someone that has a different opinion on things.

All in all, its just one out of many minor changes.

Simpleman
Guardian

Postby Simpleman » Aug 07, 2018 03:19

Not a big fan of /xp off. Don't need a bunch of campers in battlegrounds. Most of them dead anyways but just don't like the ideal of it. What next /rps off. This is one of the reasons I left live servers and came here. The rest of the changes I am good with. Thanks and keep up the good work!

8)

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Aug 07, 2018 03:37

Blue wrote:
Byun wrote:You implement random things that might bring back people, without addressing the actual flaws in the flow of the game.

Issues are not randomly implemented. They followed the recommendation and voting in the player Council which brought these problems up to discussion. And you will agree that its not possible to do all at once. Its a step-by-step process we have to work through. Not all will like every change as we already noticed. Still we attempt to find the golden middle way with the best compromise possible.

Stopped reading when I saw the player Council mentioned, comedy gold.
It is what it is.

Seksy
Eagle Knight

Postby Seksy » Aug 07, 2018 04:12

The BG players are the ones leveling new characters constantly as their old ones cap out. They are an essential part of the server for new/old players leveling, so /rp off would be a bad idea.

jeaf
Myrmidon

Postby jeaf » Aug 07, 2018 04:19

after reading some of the comments after these changes, I am pretty sure that one of the requisites to be part of the Uth staff is having self-control over 9000

trebbettes
Myrmidon

Postby trebbettes » Aug 07, 2018 06:07

Seksy wrote:The BG players are the ones leveling new characters constantly as their old ones cap out. They are an essential part of the server for new/old players leveling, so /rp off would be a bad idea.

I think you will find that 'BG Loving Players' (like me) just dont play. Rather than constantly re-rolling new toons and adding to the low level population we are playing other games wishing Uthgard had a BG sceen.

Obviously thats anecdotal, but most of what gets posted on this forum is.

'/Rp Off' Actually solves a lot of the other gripes people have in my oppinion with minimal other changes / impact. I think people are being short sighted about it, I could go on but I wont. xD
The enemy lined the shore in a dense armed mass.
Among them were black-robed women with disheveled hair like Furies, brandishing torches.
Close by stood Druids, raising their hands to heaven and screaming dreadful curses.

YOLKD
Gryphon Knight

Postby YOLKD » Aug 07, 2018 06:21

WAYYYYYYYYY too little and WAYYYYYYYYY too late. :hammer:
Koochi made the beta quit.

Enrighteous
Warder

Postby Enrighteous » Aug 07, 2018 07:05

Oh! NOW you decide to fix auto training after I have suffered through hateful comments and struggled to get a group for the initial 5-6 months. Finally reaching maximum level feeling like I accomplished something by fully auto training my character. This leaves such a bitter taste in my mouth. Either man up and strictly enforce the server you originally sought out to create or at this point relaunch a server, with QOL that will attract the modern crowd, but still has a taste of what "classic" was like. It is a little too late for these changes and I speak for large crowd when I say this, these changes are not wanted now; they were wanted nearly 2 years ago.

Zaya
Myrmidon

Postby Zaya » Aug 07, 2018 07:28

Enrighteous wrote:Oh! NOW you decide to fix auto training after I have suffered through hateful comments and struggled to get a group for the initial 5-6 months. Finally reaching maximum level feeling like I accomplished something by fully auto training my character. This leaves such a bitter taste in my mouth.

Hello,

I feel you. My stealth class is 40+ and fully autotrained as well. But if these changes help other people to xp better/faster, so more of them can join us in the endgame, either as group mates or as enemies to play against, we still benefit from it :)

Best wishes
Zaya

Gil
Alerion Knight

Postby Gil » Aug 07, 2018 07:53

Zaya wrote:
Enrighteous wrote:Oh! NOW you decide to fix auto training after I have suffered through hateful comments and struggled to get a group for the initial 5-6 months. Finally reaching maximum level feeling like I accomplished something by fully auto training my character. This leaves such a bitter taste in my mouth.

Hello,

I feel you. My stealth class is 40+ and fully autotrained as well. But if these changes help other people to xp better/faster, so more of them can join us in the endgame, either as group mates or as enemies to play against, we still benefit from it :)

Best wishes
Zaya

Amen Zaya! IMO, we need more players at endgame, both friends and foes. These changes are designed to help with that.
Gil DaTroll - Merlin Zerker | MacDeath - Uth1 Armsman | Gil - Uth2 Zerker | Macdeath - Uth2 Armsman

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Aug 07, 2018 10:35

I disagree with how the server was run in the past, in terms of QoL.
But I don't have any recentment towards the staff, on the contrary I highly appreciate them giving me a place to play nostalgic DaoC on.

I don't understand all the bitternes, and I've only ever once had a staff member answer my post in a remotely arrogant way. And even then I shrugged it off as being human.
It seems to me a lot of people think disagreement is personal.

Once again, I think the changes are great. I'm in awe at how classic you made the server feel. My main problems are balance (which is looked at) and population (which I hope will change).
Albion and having fun

Moumoule
Myrmidon

Postby Moumoule » Aug 07, 2018 11:27

Thanks for the changes.
Olek - Reaver

Nijuro
Myrmidon

Postby Nijuro » Aug 07, 2018 13:10

Simpleman wrote:Not a big fan of /xp off. Don't need a bunch of campers in battlegrounds.

its crazy how you guys think you can force ppl to play like YOU want it

YOU WONT force anyone, im 50 since more then 1,5 years on uth, then never playd anymore because this is not smallman friendly.
and i also dont like abydos and how he makes jokes about ppl.

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Aug 07, 2018 13:14

Spivo wrote:I disagree with how the server was run in the past, in terms of QoL.
But I don't have any recentment towards the staff, on the contrary I highly appreciate them giving me a place to play nostalgic DaoC on.

I don't understand all the bitternes, and I've only ever once had a staff member answer my post in a remotely arrogant way. And even then I shrugged it off as being human.
It seems to me a lot of people think disagreement is personal.

Once again, I think the changes are great. I'm in awe at how classic you made the server feel. My main problems are balance (which is looked at) and population (which I hope will change).

Yep, pretty much. People are spoiled, stupid and short-sighted. Some of these subhuman degenerates still think they will somehow enjoy the game and be good players if the server is wiped a few more times or if other servers open. Stable population is always the same people, more or less. The only exception is the active RvR population from uthgard1 which we lost probably forever due to the wipe. Generally speaking, when you see someone crying on forum for QOL/wipe, you can tell with almost absolute certainty that this person is a horrible player. Funny thing is, you don't need to be a great player to enjoy the game, you just need to find the right people to play with and choose the right play style. It's quite ridiculous to me that people who choose to play an old school RPG are asking for all this QOL crap which might make DAOC more alike to all the easy games.

To be fair, the staff provoked a lot of this. They were arrogant for the longest time and honestly Blue should run this like a dictatorship, I feel some of the staff members are doing more harm than good and I've felt this for years. It is what it is, either you're cut out for DAOC or you're not, no QOL or anything along those lines will keep players playing for a long time, accepting the game for what it is will.
It is what it is.

PreviousNext

Return to News