Formerly known as
Touareg- RR10 noobVW on Uth1.
Crossfire- RR7 noobAnimist on Uth1.
Ohnoes- RR9 noobAnimist on Lolgins.

Click this LINK if you want to see the truth about Hibernia

BobSauceJuicy
Warder

Postby BobSauceJuicy » Jul 26, 2018 08:41

So no /level 20 or /level 30 , but what about /freelevel ? Which I think it something they awarded each four day played or 2/3 day played on low population realm..

I remember it attracted a wave of people on mid gawaine when mythic did this. GOod thing because mid were getting roflstomped by albion and hibernia :p

I think it was 10 to 1 favoring alb . it was so bad. Ok enough of this :lol:

Koleriker
Eagle Knight

Postby Koleriker » Jul 26, 2018 09:19

Thank you staff!

IRC: 09.01.2013(15:16:36) Dotto: we zerg if other realm zerg in rvr,, we never start zerg thats all!

Ino
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ino » Jul 26, 2018 09:39

GreenP wrote:
erock25 wrote:Honestly I would come back if NF were an option

and Tajendi 1 + 2 + 3 !!!

What happened to the like button??? Time to quit the forum aswell I guess..... :cry:

Also Behemoth-event reward would be nice :oops:

Woosh
Banned

Postby Woosh » Jul 26, 2018 09:44

rofl @ all these baddies who couldnt compete so now they cry for wipes, like thats gonna make them better somehow. you will still be bad, no matter how many wipes happen mr cuckington :gaga:

Celteen
Alerion Knight

Postby Celteen » Jul 26, 2018 10:07

Rather be a bad player than a bad person :roll: :gaga:
<<< This avatar is handmade by Inotor Wurzelbert : )
Check out the Mampfer-Threads for more.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25079
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26934

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Jul 26, 2018 10:25

Xalara wrote:Charwipe is not gonna happen. Nothing to see here, nothing to return to. Time to move on. Nothing has changed and the mindset of the administration is not going to change, these are just last-straw changes because they see that their server is dying.

Heads up: Changes won't do anything to revive the server, it's too late. Without a char wipe, nothing is going ot change and the majority will play on the other server, where you can actually see a vision and staff that cares about it's playerbase.

Room temperature IQ detected. Just go play there and once you get bored of getting owned and rerolling twinks, you might realize DAOC is not a game for you and that no amount of wipes will ever be enough for your kind and finally call it quits. Goodbye, go where they care about you, also you can ask them to make hot chocolate for you and tell you a story before you go to bed.
It is what it is.

hyshash
Myrmidon

Postby hyshash » Jul 26, 2018 11:16

Im not playing on uth atm and i think, regarding theres another server with a setting similar to uth but with a a bit more qol, i wont come back that soon. But for ppl like me a char wipe without some major patches (not just some qol) would be the last nail in the coffin to actually never return.
Actually i think uth needs to make some real changes to adress major imbalances while also separate em from all these other 1.65/si/old ras/of server. The online time of uth2 should have been enough to see how imbalanced old ras for casuals and realm balance are. While old frontiers are some of the worst maps to rvr on with no place for solos/smallman, keeps being how they are, no porter, no warmap, most maps being tubes with little place to roam outside of the regular highways for 8mans and little space to circle the zergs.

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Jul 26, 2018 11:20

Woosh wrote:rofl @ all these baddies who couldnt compete so now they cry for wipes, like thats gonna make them better somehow. you will still be bad, no matter how many wipes happen mr cuckington :gaga:

I don't think anybody asking for a wipe is doing it because they are bad. They are asking for it because it's the only way to recapture true player numbers on this server.

Again, lets say you are a zerg leader and can bring your guild of 50 players to play on a new server.. are you coming back to uthgard to be farmed by rr10s after investing time into testing the new changes, or are you going to that other server where you and the thousands of players in their discord can start fresh after being alienated from uthgard by the likes of abydos?

So no, adding these changes won't do anything materially without a proper new-server campaign, re-branding, and wipe. This is player psychology and it's not changing given the atmosphere and history of uthgard. That said, I'll be one of those few thousand players that comes back if they ever do a 3.0.

Excalibur93
Myrmidon

Postby Excalibur93 » Jul 26, 2018 11:37

Hello,

I can understand the changes in principle. The numbers of players has gone down drastically and this game lives to a large extent on the number of players. On the other hand, it is currently summer and a new server has appeared. However, the summer will be over at some point and the new server has to prove itself first.

Personally, I definitely do not like the changes. I liked about Uthgard, that it's a challenge. That there are hardly any so-called Qol facets. Because the feeling of having achieved something is much more beautiful and intense, if it was not easy to achieve it.

What I least like is that you have strayed from your clear line again. And every time you deviate from your line, you become more unpredictable.

We live in a world that knows more change than security. Uthgard was different ... a little niche, yes. But a stable niche. Something to rely on. Your vision was clear. The goal was clear. All this brought security, reliability, stability.

For the first time you destroyed that security when you closed Uthgard 1 and deleted the database. I was ready to give you a second chance because you deserve it. Now, for the second time, you are destroying the security and predictability that was your hallmark.

Sure, you say there's no wipe again. But can we really believe that? You also said before the Uth1 Wipe that there would be no wipe. So far you have also said that Uth2 stays clear at its 1.65 patch target and now it doesnt.

It's OK that you adapt and change your way. You can do whatever you feel the need to do. Uthgard is a gift that you make us and we have no right to tell you what that gift looks like. Because Uthgard is yours, not ours. We are only allowed to use it. But the big problem with the changes in your way is that every time you lose players who are here just because they love your consistency. It is in the nature of things that these same players themselves are consistent and reliable players.

So, what happens is, in my view, that you lose the (small but reliable) amount of players that are here because of your consistency and trade them for players who jump from here to there, always going there, where the meadow looks a bit greener ... and which are just as quickly gone, as they may come here now because of your changes. Is that a good barter?

The fact that you are now opening Pandora's box and that more and more players are calling for more and more changes is still on top.

But that's life. And my gratefulness for what you do for us all does not change anything. I just think it's a shame that Uthgard is going that way now. I had hoped it would not happen.

All the best!
Belgarius Paladin Lvl 50
Beldar Cleric Lvl 50
Bevier Friar Lvl 50
Thyrian Wizard Lvl 50
Beldien Theurg Lvl 50
Belmakos Sorcerer Lvl 50
Kalten Scout Lvl 50
Belgaren Infiltrator Lvl 50
Platime Reaver Lvl 34
Belardion Necromancer Lvl 50
Beldaran Mincer Lvl 50
Beldurnik Armsman Lvl 50
Belodur Mercenary Lvl 50
Belordion Cabalist Lvl 50

Gil
Alerion Knight

Postby Gil » Jul 26, 2018 11:38

albeyond wrote:
Woosh wrote:rofl @ all these baddies who couldnt compete so now they cry for wipes, like thats gonna make them better somehow. you will still be bad, no matter how many wipes happen mr cuckington :gaga:

I don't think anybody asking for a wipe is doing it because they are bad. They are asking for it because it's the only way to recapture true player numbers on this server.

Again, lets say you are a zerg leader and can bring your guild of 50 players to play on a new server.. are you coming back to uthgard to be farmed by rr10s after investing time into testing the new changes, or are you going to that other server where you and the thousands of players in their discord can start fresh after being alienated from uthgard by the likes of abydos?

So no, adding these changes won't do anything materially without a proper new-server campaign, re-branding, and wipe. This is player psychology and it's not changing given the atmosphere and history of uthgard. That said, I'll be one of those few thousand players that comes back if they ever do a 3.0.

While it's probably true that a wipe would bring some people to start on this new Uth2.5 server, IMO, it would cause a lot more players to avoid it. I won't play on a server that wipes. DAoC is about persistent characters that you build over time.

In any case, a wipe is a moot point cause Blue has said, in this very thread, that there won't be another wipe.
Gil DaTroll - Merlin Zerker | MacDeath - Uth1 Armsman | Gil - Uth2 Zerker | Macdeath - Uth2 Armsman

albeyond
Gryphon Knight

Postby albeyond » Jul 26, 2018 11:43

Gil wrote:
albeyond wrote:

While it's probably true that a wipe would bring some people to start on this new Uth2.5 server, IMO, it would cause a lot more players to avoid it. I won't play on a server that wipes. DAoC is about persistent characters that you build over time.

In any case, a wipe is a moot point cause Blue has said, in this very thread, that there won't be another wipe.

And that conclusion is too unfortunately a moot point because with the other server looming, nobody is going to come back to play here. Read the comments on this news thread.. You aren't going to bring back players in the absence of a complete re-brand.

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Jul 26, 2018 11:52

albeyond wrote:

No. It's been proven by 2 fresh starts that wipe does nothing. Either you're cut out for DAOC or you're not, it's as simple as that. This game does not require hundreds of hours of farming specific items to be competitive in RvR(especially group RvR of any kind), all you need to have is a basic template. It's not hard to ding level 50 and it's entirely up to you whether you want to stick with it, learn how to play your character and improve or just whine how you need a wipe. And yeah, wipe the server now and in less than a year someone else will be asking for a wipe, epic logic.

In the last year of uthgard1 we had a ****** ton of high rr people, some of them were set groups but many of them were average or below average players who just stuck with their characters and got their realm ranks in time. Even then we had whiners who were constantly crying how they can't compete and they were trying to present this fairy tale on how they would love to RvR but the "RA dumping high RR groups are too much". In reality, they were mostly owned by rr4 groups whose only used RAs in fights were MCLs on their support classes. On top of that in the very last year we had groups on each realm who managed to get to rr8 in less than a year, and some of them weren't even playing every day, they just decided to play with the same people, stick with it and they didn't cry on forums. Some of them were beating high rr set groups even on lower RR and some of them were avoiding them and were trying to find an easier inc and eventually got to the stage where they could be competitive against them.

In any area of life there is always a bigger fish, that doesn't mean you can't have fun by working on being better than you were yesterday and not trying to be better than someone else, and you should especially try to avoid whining and making everyone to set up the conditions so you could have some gratification, it's childish and ridiculous and it doesn't work anyway. If all these forum whiners, people who constantly ask for QoL stuff, cry about wanting a wipe etc. just focused on playing 3x a week with same people and if each realm had few groups of that kind, they would for sure during their runs get wiped a few times either by higher rr groups or players of higher skill level, but they would also find less challenging inc and in time they'd get both realm ranks and better understanding of the game. But I guess it's easier to whine.

Also, why would you forcefully try to bring population back? How about working on being a better member of the community and improving yourself. Everyone with IQ above 50 understood at the very beginning of uthgard2 that eventually population will drop to about the same number that we had on uthg1. You're literally saying that you want back the players who just want it easy, cry how population is low, jump on hype trains etc. No server needs those kinds of players because it's only about what they want and about what would make the game easier for them. Like I said, this is not a game for everyone and anyone wanting instant gratification or easy mode games is blessed in this day and age where even the child that finishes 18th gets a trophy and there are no losers, just 18th best. So yeah, there are plenty of games out there you can enjoy. If you want population to be higher, stop whining, focus on one class, learn how to play it, talk to a few people who are perhaps willing to play with you a few times a week and don't care about how many times they die before they start winning etc.

You do realize that it's always the same people who want a fresh start or free stuff, right? They've had a few fresh starts, do you honestly think they'll do better on Phoenix or if Uthgard is restarted again? The only thing that will happen is that each time you wipe the server you will lose some non-whining players forever, the people who are actually a part of the stable population which takes DAOC for what it is and enjoys it.
It is what it is.

munchies
Myrmidon

Postby munchies » Jul 26, 2018 12:06

Wipe is an horrible idea. It would bring some people in, but in the otherhand many others would leave. Also who wants to play in a server that wipes every 1.5 years? Wipe is probably not going to happen anyway.

Also your main argument @albeyond that nobody wants to come back to RR10 - we wiped the RR10 grps as RR4 already. Old RA doesnt make such a big difference.

Stop asking for wipe, its not going to happen. You can start fresh on Voldemort server if you want :)

PreviousNext

Return to News