Summer Heat - A Look Forward

Here you can comment on news articles.
pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Jul 25, 2018 13:31

The people who just want to see Uthgard burn are still free to play somewhere else.
Thank you staff for starting steering.

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Jul 25, 2018 13:52

fremster wrote:I'd love to see 10 minute hastner at portal keeps in enemy realms

Make it 20 minutes and no horse routes.
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37632

Players can greatly contribute to a server if you let them.

Uthgard, still the best server. Thanks, Devs.

danteafk
Gryphon Knight

Postby danteafk » Jul 25, 2018 14:11

This reads as an Aprils fools joke.

https://unixgeek.com/uthgard.html

Player numbers went waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down since [Voldemort launch]. But at least you started to do changes people have been crying out for since years.

I'm sure people will eagerly be playing while it's 37c ouside and 35c inside. :lol:

silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » Jul 25, 2018 14:17

Interesting changes, but a bit late, don't you think?

But well, winter is soon and until then all I do is replenishing my house merchant with instruments ...
Albion Forever!

Satiah
Eagle Knight

Postby Satiah » Jul 25, 2018 14:51

Welcome changes. Thank you.
Satiah | Tuthmes | Dendera | Khufu | Nefertete | Dahshur | Nebetah | Neterbaiu

Ustiran
Guardian

Postby Ustiran » Jul 25, 2018 15:03

Hello guys ! I wanted to thank you for all the work you're doing and the changes you're implementing ! I don't post a lot but I follow what happens on Uthgard frequently. I loved playing on Uthgard... but the main reason I left was the downtimes before getting into RvR action. Especially I approve your decisions to reduce travel times/downtimes and to re-introduce horse routes in RvR zones. As Hibernian by birth, I am more than willing to go into Emain in solo/smallscales to find some action, even without bard/speed. The return of the tinderboxes is also a great news ! Bind in battlegrounds... omg that's just awesome !

Those changes really made my day... and I am re-installing the game as I'm writting this post so be sure I'm coming back :D
I have faith that your decisions will sparkle an enjoyable path for Uthgard's community !

Best regards, and thank you for all you're doing.

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Jul 25, 2018 15:14

I'm seeing lots of suggestions that make me think this will go back to what Uth1 was. The last year before you started to change Uth1 to classic old RAs I started to look for another game to play because, as a mostly caster player, playing in tankalot was very disapointing, is not fun to spend all your fights running to save your life from unCCable tanks...and no, don't come now with the ****** of learn to prekite, in Uth1 you had to permakite because it was impossible to CC that tanks. I only wish that this don't come again.
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Torgo
Eagle Knight

Postby Torgo » Jul 25, 2018 15:15

For the most part, good changes. I don't agree with them all but there is nothing there that would drive me away...and if they have the intended consequence of bringing people back, great!

I would consider a mass email announcing this. I'm not sure how many former players monitor these boards or the Uth FB.

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Jul 25, 2018 15:19

Ilerget wrote:I'm seeing lots of suggestions that make me think this will go back to what Uth1 was. The last year before you started to change Uth1 to classic old RAs I started to look for another game to play because, as a mostly caster player, playing in tankalot was very disapointing, is not fun to spend all your fights running to save your life from unCCable tanks...and no, don't come now with the ****** of learn to prekite, in Uth1 you had to permakite because it was impossible to CC that tanks. I only wish that this don't come again.

If you like playing casters, then perma kiting is fun. I understand your point though, but if you play with decent people and have a good shield tank, it's not impossible. New RAs are generally speaking way more balanced and you have DI+PD so you don't die that fast. Up the irons :D!
It is what it is.

Isavyr
Gryphon Knight

Postby Isavyr » Jul 25, 2018 15:51

The change just strikes me as disingenuous. People were complaining, but who cares? We have POPULATION!! WE DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR CONCERNS!!

Oh, you're leaving? Wait, everyone's leaving? Oh, we care! Wait, we care! We thought you liked it here! Yeah, those complaints--we thought those were just in jest!--We didn't think you were serious! Come come, let's not take it personal. Come back!

Again, it was stated multiple times that "we do not care about population numbers, we care to serve a specific niche of player". This post makes it clear that was a lie, and that you did care about numbers, but you cared more about your population count than your player's concerns and would have preferred people play your server unhappily such that the minority can play with people. It doesn't sit right, at all.

Furthermore, you've also betrayed that loyal minority of your population that loved your vision, and the one you promised you'd adhere to. What is anyone to think, really? Whether they are fans or not? You've broken your word, and there's no indication from what to expect from the team in the future.

I don't envy the staff among Uthgard who saw this issue from what it is, and wanted to hold firm to 1.65. To those, my sympathies for being dragged along.

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Jul 25, 2018 16:01

Some good changes, and happy to see it’s possible to get changes done.

And damn... some here acts like Uthgard hurt their feelings somehow. It’s a game people, calm down.

Personally it takes adressing balance/imbalance issues before I’ll return. But that is my decision and not because the staff mistreated me. Maybe it comes, maybe not.
Albion and having fun

Alpenbruder
Myrmidon

Postby Alpenbruder » Jul 25, 2018 16:05

I personally dont need all of them but think that all improvements are very very good and will drag some of the population back on a mid term.

Make my world perfect by getting SI implemented before "competition" goes live.

At least we finally see that the world is still spinning - thank you for that.

/happy

Eorkern
Gryphon Knight

Postby Eorkern » Jul 25, 2018 16:06

It's sad that the other server has to open for you to make these kind of changes.

I understand changes have to be made to have a healthy population on this server but the manner it just happened and the suspicious timing makes you guys loose a lot of credibility.

September can't come soon enough.

Gil
Alerion Knight

Postby Gil » Jul 25, 2018 16:10

Isavyr wrote:The change just strikes me as disingenuous. People were complaining, but who cares? We have POPULATION!! WE DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR CONCERNS!!

Oh, you're leaving? Wait, everyone's leaving? Oh, we care! Wait, we care! We thought you liked it here! Yeah, those complaints--we thought those were just in jest!--We didn't think you were serious! Come come, let's not take it personal. Come back!

Again, it was stated multiple times that "we do not care about population numbers, we care to serve a specific niche of player". This post makes it clear that was a lie, and that you did care about numbers, but you cared more about your population count than your player's concerns and would have preferred people play your server unhappily such that the minority can play with people. It doesn't sit right, at all.

Furthermore, you've also betrayed that loyal minority of your population that loved your vision, and the one you promised you'd adhere to. What is anyone to think, really? Whether they are fans or not? You've broken your word, and there's no indication from what to expect from the team in the future.

I don't envy the staff among Uthgard who saw this issue from what it is, and wanted to hold firm to 1.65. To those, my sympathies for being dragged along.

What a load of BS. I'm one of those players who liked the stated vision, however none of these proposed changes feel like a 'betrayal' to me. I don't need these changes but I wont be bothered by them either. I am bothered by not having enough other players to interface with. If these changes increase the player population, I'm all for them.
Gil DaTroll - Merlin Zerker | MacDeath - Uth1 Armsman | Gil - Uth2 Zerker | Macdeath - Uth2 Armsman

Oswaldo
Phoenix Knight

Postby Oswaldo » Jul 25, 2018 16:19

Tbh server needs a wipe. Who feels like coming back fighting high realm rank people?

Not me
- Honey Badgers
- Winkz

PreviousNext

Return to News