Summer Heat - A Look Forward

Here you can comment on news articles.
BalianIbelin
Warder

Postby BalianIbelin » Jul 25, 2018 02:53

Fascinating. I am sure you will get plenty of the 'too late' responses from the gripers, but if you guys could do all this and have a functional SI there could be hope. Your track record for stability and integrity of the server is without question, it's too soon to know how the implementation will be with the 'other' freeshard.

Keep us posted, people are watching, even if they aren't saying much to start with.

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Jul 25, 2018 03:03

People will get tired of beta testing.

My suggestion? Put in lions den.
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37632

Players can greatly contribute to a server if you let them.

Uthgard, still the best server. Thanks, Devs.

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Jul 25, 2018 03:49

Latrommisumac wrote:
Valfar wrote:Most of these changes will be welcomed by most, but once again you show your true colors. You literally need to be pressured by another potential server opening in order to do the basic things we need. I have told you this in 2013. and I'm telling you again, stuff like faster travel/multiple charges on pots are welcome and everyone will benefit from this. However, be very careful about catering to whiners on forum. Same people have been whining since forever and they've had 2 fresh starts(genesis + uthg2) and they're still whining. Xp bonuses and SI will do NOTHING for long term population.

Also, I would be very, very careful about entertaining anything coming from "Damn, I would really love to RvR but I just can't get one char to lvl 50 because it's too hard" people, because they're just looking for excuses. Literally the best players from uthgard1 who were RvR fanatics, hated PvE and are still in some of the best groups on live never ever whined about slow XP or anything like that. The point is, if you want to RvR you will start slow and do it and eventually get better. If you constantly whine about XP, high rr groups once you reach 50, low action etc., then perhaps DAOC is not a game for you, it's really not everyone's cup of tea. Just because some people can't handle the game and whine/quit after they get wiped twice in emain, it doesn't matter you should do anything to make their life easier.

Further more, one might think that games like DAOC generally attract people who want to earn their character and enjoy it, not just level 20 lvl 50 characters. It's bad enough as it is, xp is 3x faster than on uthgard1 and half of these morons don't know how to buff and when you try to nicely tell them something, the usual response is: GTFO, I HAD A RR9 CHARACTER ON LIVE, I KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE GAME. Making XP too fast will make them even worse when they reach lvl 50 and they'll quit soon. Like I said, someone who really wants to play DAOC will play it and will not whine about XP or SI or anything else. If you had focused on the more loyal part of the population before the wipe, you'd have at 150 - 200 active non-whining rvr players more, ok some of them didn't play all year long but they were here to stay. Most of those people are literally gone forever and now we have Uthgardistan, the home of noobs from Genesis mixed with their cousins by retardation, people who didn't play in 15 years and think they invented the game and will under no circumstances accept any constructive or other criticism.

If you really want to do something for the server, focus on a different patch level. The heals we have here(slow as hell) mixed with idiotic old RAs will make any casual group quit very soon unless they're just zerging everything, but that gets old and boring very fast.

It's actually people like you that make me wanna leave any server/game. Elitist arrogant people calling everyone else retards and having angry attitudes. Your opinion is just that, yours. Stating your opinions as fact doesn't make it so. Your entire rant sounds like a tantrum thrown by an angry child. Maybe learn to discuss things like an adult without being so hostile.

Most of it is hard fact because ever since like 2 months before the wipe, I was about 99% right about everything that unfolded in the past 4-5 years. I'm not interested in your opinion and I'm by no means an elitist of any kind, nor do I consider myself a great player. What I am is someone who doesn't want stuff for free, I want to earn my characters and contribute to the server. I can tell you with absolute certainty that most of the people who whine are just not cut out to play DAOC.

You don't have to be a pro to have fun. I've known many older players on uthg1 who were not masters of strafing and themselves have said to me that they know their reflexes are not the best, but they were curious on how to compensate for that with tactics and everything else and they've asked around and became solid solo players. Same with groups, there have been a lot of decent groups on uthg1 that had 1-2 very good players and the rest was average or slightly below average, but they were persistent and stuck to playing together. Nobody asked for faster xp or other ridiculous things like that.

Fact of the matter is, it's an old game and there is a great number of players who simply don't want to learn. They are slow at buffing, completely unable to accept any criticism or advice, can basically only play zerg rvr(which is completely fine if that's their choice) not because they're not intelligent people, but because they just don't want to get better or accept advice. Random XP groups are completely mental, you have people buffing only those from their guild, shamans wasting entire conc buffing 3-4 players(including buffing acuity to themselves) and saying: "gtfo, I'm ooc, let's xp". I know from many friends or people I've played with that they've tried to write guides on various guild/alliance forums and uthgard forum, but nobody reads.

Any average player can have fun if they just do a little bit of research, ask experienced people for advice and just stick to their class. Over the years I've had many arguments with uthgard staff and I have my opinions on each one of them I've dealt with. I like Blue and Rajnish, Gnome is ok too. As for others, I really couldn't care less about them and I have very little respect for their so called integrity. That being said, I still respect the amount of work some of them put into this server and I find it fascinating how people whine so much about something they're not paying for. Now, without players you can't have a server but I can guarantee you that in 100% of cases in my experience thus far, those who whine on forums are the ones who are absolutely not cut out to play this game and they just want instant gratification. We saw what happened on Genesis, GMs granted all the requests(including buff bots) and even before Uth2 beta was announced, Genesis was basically dead. People get bored quickly if they level 20 characters to 50 and still get owned in RvR.

DAOC is not for everyone, but if you're willing to stick to it, you can have a lot of fun. You don't need to be the most talented individual, have the best knowledge of the game or the best reflexes, just open-mindedness and persistence. Frontiers are big enough for everyone and all types of players can have fun. Sure, you'll get owned by more skilled players or ones that are higher rr, but if you keep showing up you'll also have decent fights and a lot of fun. Other than the fact that it's free, I like to believe that people play this type of game because they want a bit of a challenge and a break from the fast food culture.
It is what it is.

Hasbulat
Myrmidon

Postby Hasbulat » Jul 25, 2018 04:12

I like the planed changes in generally.
Map Points are great! BG bind - wonderful. Vote for more XP/PR, Tasks for BGs, more BGs. Lot of people leveled at live in BGs only. And enjoyed these very much!
Not sure about the horse routes in FZ. I assume a huge farming potential at the end point.

Latrommisumac
Warder

Postby Latrommisumac » Jul 25, 2018 04:15

Valfar wrote:
Most of it is hard fact because ever since like 2 months before the wipe, I was about 99% right about everything that unfolded in the past 4-5 years. I'm not interested in your opinion and I'm by no means an elitist of any kind, nor do I consider myself a great player. What I am is someone who doesn't want stuff for free, I want to earn my characters and contribute to the server. I can tell you with absolute certainty that most of the people who whine are just not cut out to play DAOC.

You don't have to be a pro to have fun. I've known many older players on uthg1 who were not masters of strafing and themselves have said to me that they know their reflexes are not the best, but they were curious on how to compensate for that with tactics and everything else and they've asked around and became solid solo players. Same with groups, there have been a lot of decent groups on uthg1 that had 1-2 very good players and the rest was average or slightly below average, but they were persistent and stuck to playing together. Nobody asked for faster xp or other ridiculous things like that.

Fact of the matter is, it's an old game and there is a great number of players who simply don't want to learn. They are slow at buffing, completely unable to accept any criticism or advice, can basically only play zerg rvr(which is completely fine if that's their choice) not because they're not intelligent people, but because they just don't want to get better or accept advice. Random XP groups are completely mental, you have people buffing only those from their guild, shamans wasting entire conc buffing 3-4 players(including buffing acuity to themselves) and saying: "gtfo, I'm ooc, let's xp". I know from many friends or people I've played with that they've tried to write guides on various guild/alliance forums and uthgard forum, but nobody reads.

Any average player can have fun if they just do a little bit of research, ask experienced people for advice and just stick to their class. Over the years I've had many arguments with uthgard staff and I have my opinions on each one of them I've dealt with. I like Blue and Rajnish, Gnome is ok too. As for others, I really couldn't care less about them and I have very little respect for their so called integrity. That being said, I still respect the amount of work some of them put into this server and I find it fascinating how people whine so much about something they're not paying for. Now, without players you can't have a server but I can guarantee you that in 100% of cases in my experience thus far, those who whine on forums are the ones who are absolutely not cut out to play this game and they just want instant gratification. We saw what happened on Genesis, GMs granted all the requests(including buff bots) and even before Uth2 beta was announced, Genesis was basically dead. People get bored quickly if they level 20 characters to 50 and still get owned in RvR.

DAOC is not for everyone, but if you're willing to stick to it, you can have a lot of fun. You don't need to be the most talented individual, have the best knowledge of the game or the best reflexes, just open-mindedness and persistence. Frontiers are big enough for everyone and all types of players can have fun. Sure, you'll get owned by more skilled players or ones that are higher rr, but if you keep showing up you'll also have decent fights and a lot of fun. Other than the fact that it's free, I like to believe that people play this type of game because they want a bit of a challenge and a break from the fast food culture.

Well at least you left out the insults this time, kind of. Speculating about why players leave is still just speculation, you don't seem to understand that. I can also say I've been right about everything for the past 57 years but that doesn't make it true. Facts need proof, no matter how much "personal experience" you have. You are in fact not a mind reader nor can you ever be certain about OTHER PEOPLES decision. I don't know why you keep bringing up personal anecdotes about how DAOC should be played, it's absolutely ridiculous to think there is one way to do anything in a video game. People enjoy things differently, deal with it. You don't have to group with everyone, instead of getting mad at these bad pug groups or players as you claim, go group with your many "friends" instead. From my personal experience so far, DAOC and especially uthgard has been one of the friendliest and welcoming communities I've ever had the privilege of playing in. I say that hoping people could adopt that attitude and stop calling each other retards and just enjoy the game.

Valfar
Gryphon Knight

Postby Valfar » Jul 25, 2018 04:47

Latrommisumac wrote:
Valfar wrote:

Well at least you left out the insults this time, kind of. Speculating about why players leave is still just speculation, you don't seem to understand that. I can also say I've been right about everything for the past 57 years but that doesn't make it true. Facts need proof, no matter how much "personal experience" you have. You are in fact not a mind reader nor can you ever be certain about OTHER PEOPLES decision. I don't know why you keep bringing up personal anecdotes about how DAOC should be played, it's absolutely ridiculous to think there is one way to do anything in a video game. People enjoy things differently, deal with it. You don't have to group with everyone, instead of getting mad at these bad pug groups or players as you claim, go group with your many "friends" instead. From my personal experience so far, DAOC and especially uthgard has been one of the friendliest and welcoming communities I've ever had the privilege of playing in. I say that hoping people could adopt that attitude and stop calling each other retards and just enjoy the game.

You're not a serious person, my friend :D. It's not about personal anecdotes, it's basic human psychology. If you see the same pattern repeating for more than 5 years and when you see what type of people constantly do and say the same stuff, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to figure it out. I'm not telling people how to play the game, but whining doesn't help and in the end after all the whining, they still leave because you can only get so much fun from XPing or getting free stuff. Anyway, hopefully the history doesn't repeat itself but I'm not really counting on it. You can enjoy things differently without whining.

As for pugs, it's really simple. To learn the basics you really don't need much intelligence or anything else, you just need to ask people. I've known many players who never heard of DAOC prior to joining Uthgard and within a year they were great players. On the other hand, server is full of those who actually think just because they've played for long they don't need to adapt or learn anything, even though they don't know the basics of any aspect of the game except crafting. I just don't understand how one can reach level 50 and have no clue how to buff, and I'm not talking about people who were power leveled. Like you said, it's a pretty friendly community and all one needs to do is to ask the question on the forum, but I guess they're too busy repeating the "Please, I've been playing this game for 16 years, I think I know what I'm doing" phrase. It's the official meme of uth2 :D. Anyway, it is what it is.
It is what it is.

ZaiQQ
Eagle Knight

Postby ZaiQQ » Jul 25, 2018 05:03

Priceless. Atleast now I can see myself on the map on a dead server!

Tamtrooper
Warder

Postby Tamtrooper » Jul 25, 2018 05:05

Thank you for your hard work trying to make the server/game better! :)

Splitquick
Myrmidon

Postby Splitquick » Jul 25, 2018 05:12

Valfar wrote:You literally need to be pressured by another potential server opening in order to do the basic things we need. I have told you this in 2013. and

Who cares what made them have a change of direction? Does it matter?

The fact is - the population dipped, they're responding. What else do you want them to do? Close the server? Roll over and die? :roll:

They're fighting back. And I respect that.

Thank you Uthgard staff: for great times I've had on this server, great friends I've met while on this server, and your commitment to the server.
We Play for Keeps - Alliance
Guild Leader
Splitquick

unincoinco
Warder

Postby unincoinco » Jul 25, 2018 05:15

Last time I played I enjoyed doing BG and I feel that having no BG bind stone kind of killed the action because sometimes if you just missed the portal people, you had to wait the whole duration for them to come back again and it kind of killed the mood or the momentum we would have had otherwise so it is cool to see BG bindstone.

Gil
Alerion Knight

Postby Gil » Jul 25, 2018 06:07

I like the planned changes. I would add one thing: Get SI implemented ASAP! We're not even at full 1.65 without SI.
Gil DaTroll - Merlin Zerker | MacDeath - Uth1 Armsman | Gil - Uth2 Zerker | Macdeath - Uth2 Armsman

Chimosh
Myrmidon

Postby Chimosh » Jul 25, 2018 06:24

Too late. I honestly dunno how you will bring players back. I do wish you the best of luck.

You burnt most of your bridges with your gaming community since release of the server with your utter stubbornness, and we all know that once you do that, getting people back is an epic up hill battle.

holsten-knight
Lion Knight

Postby holsten-knight » Jul 25, 2018 06:30

Great changes! I like, we will run today... hope to meet some enemies :wink:

Vick
Myrmidon

Postby Vick » Jul 25, 2018 06:49

Sounds good !

À better communication will help a lot, maybe consider send a mail to the playerbase with thèse news.

I would love to see Uthgard alive again !
Sofely FrenchFlair - Sorceress 7Lx <Sturmklingen>

MiracleMaker
Guardian

Postby MiracleMaker » Jul 25, 2018 07:52

fix items with a charges! for example scout bow from dragon is still broken, and no Evern QQ

PreviousNext

Return to News