Summer Heat - A Look Forward

Here you can comment on news articles.
Telcontar
Warder

Postby Telcontar » Jul 26, 2018 17:18

Uthgard is like the old girlfriend. When the relationship first started out everything was wonderful but after a period of a few months you noticed that certain things were starting to grate on you and that you'd like certain things about your girlfriend to change if you want the relationship to improve and grow. However, when you voice your concerns with your old girlfriend she shuts you down straight away and says :: " No, this is who I am. I am never going to change. " So you stick it out because there are no other girls around or none at least as good as this one in the hopes that maybe one day your girlfriend will change and become the girlfriend you want.

Meanwhile, a new girl moves to town who is completely compatible with you. You've discovered that you have so much in commmon and your relationship takes off rapidly. You ditch your old girlfriend cause she said she was never going to change and take up with this new girlfriend whom you fall for very quickly and love.

A month goes by and your old girlfriend realises her mistake. She comes back to you begging and pleading that she misses you and shes desperate to make the changes you asked for. She even shows you the changes shes already made in her life that match what you want and you think to yourself.... "well that is wonderful, but I'm already with this new girl.... " You toy with the idea in your head that you could keep both girls on the go at the same time, but that's so much hard work and in the end one is always going to be left a little more neglected than the other.

There's also the worry in your head that what happens if you go back to your old girlfriend. Whats to stop her reverting back to her old ways once she has regained your trust and affection and shuts you out of the important decisions in your life. You end up like me, conflicted, loving and hating both of them at the same time - not knowing what way to go....
Realm points for door repairs, that's all I want!

Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » Jul 26, 2018 17:27

Did that happen to you in RL? :twisted:

At least we are not begging or pleading you. You are free to join and welcomed. :wink:
It's done when it's done. Thanks for your patience.
Every bug gets fixed. Sooner or later.

"It is an inescapable law of nature that the amount of satisfaction one gains from achieving something
is related to how hard it is and easy things can only elicit a fleeting superficial sort of pleasure."

Blue says, "you used macro tools or macro keyboard"
Pala says, "i am disabled. and i have a mechanic left hand that can be programed. its hard to play woith one hand"

[Appeal] Bxxxxxxxx: "why is RA first aid cann man i stealth use and not unstealth cann man ra if man use unstealth ?????????"
BannedUser: "i was not using automate game action my hand was fall on keyboard during i was sleep .... i was completly fall on keyboard ..."

Isavyr
Gryphon Knight

Postby Isavyr » Jul 26, 2018 18:06

Thank you for the story-time, Telcontar. A humorous (hopefully intended) break from the silliness of the thread.

Blue, I think a fair summary of the complaints here is that people want to know why you are changing server type when the team they would not. Yes, this isn't working, but that was never a condition for change before. Staff said they don't care about population and that a tiny server is OK. But now it isn't OK. So why is not working a problem, now?

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Jul 26, 2018 18:19

Isavyr wrote:Thank you for the story-time, Telcontar. A humorous (hopefully intended) break from the silliness of the thread.

Blue, I think a fair summary of the complaints here is that people want to know why you are changing server type when the team they would not. Yes, this isn't working, but that was never a condition for change before. Staff said they don't care about population and that a tiny server is OK. But now it isn't OK. So why is not working a problem, now?

I want to clarify because apparently some of my previous comments has been mistaken for this. We obviously care about population, but population was never a goal in itself. Daoc requires certain amount of people to work, it has now dipped under that number, which is why we react.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

Seksy
Eagle Knight

Postby Seksy » Jul 26, 2018 18:44

Trishin wrote:I want to clarify because apparently some of my previous comments has been mistaken for this. We obviously care about population, but population was never a goal in itself. Daoc requires certain amount of people to work, it has now dipped under that number, which is why we react.

This reminds me of men when they get sick, we refuse to see the doctor until the condition sometimes becomes beyond repair. Death drives people to do things they would otherwise not do and this is no different. It took a while to realize Uthgard needed a doctor, let's just hope it's not too late.

Tyton
Myrmidon

Postby Tyton » Jul 26, 2018 18:50

Trishin wrote:Daoc requires certain amount of people to work, it has now dipped under that number, which is why we react.

It's much better to steer a boat away from an iceberg rather than waiting for it to hit and having to patch it up.

Hundreds of people saw this happening and warned and pleaded for something to be done before it got to the inevitable. We, the majority of players, saw this downward trend coming just a couple months after launch.

We didn't ask for change because we wanted to ruin Uthgard's vision, because we wanted a lot of people to play here with us (hardcores, casuals, etc). The only way to do that would be to add QoL and negate some of the unnecessary timesinks. The birth of other things in the DAoC community only happened because Uthgard would not listen. Now you're listening, which is awesome, but also now the DAoC community is so fragmented now - I fear it really may be too late for a lot of things.

RazorRamon
Gryphon Knight

Postby RazorRamon » Jul 26, 2018 19:25

I personally love the changes. I think I have managed to rekindle the interest of some former guild mates as well. The biggest challenge from this point is going to be both advertising the changes and the server. Maybe an email campaign as some have suggested?

There's no need for a server wipe, there really aren't that many high RR people to justify it, Uth 2 is still too young. The people complaining of a power gap I never saw out there on the battlefield anyway. You're not going to find the apex of challenge around here going on dragon raids and salvage farm parties, IMO you need to RvR for that.

I don't expect the changes to be a success overnight, I mean.... as fun as Uth 1.0 was, it took years of growth and reputation building to reach a stable 1000-1200 pop.

I was one of those calling for changes back when 4,000 became 3,500 and so on. I think you staff are going about this the right direction, indeed better late than never. Very excited about these changes and more to come!

Jerrian
Phoenix Knight

Postby Jerrian » Jul 26, 2018 20:03

RazorRamon wrote:I personally love the changes. I think I have managed to rekindle the interest of some former guild mates as well. The biggest challenge from this point is going to be both advertising the changes and the server. Maybe an email campaign as some have suggested?

There's no need for a server wipe, there really aren't that many high RR people to justify it, Uth 2 is still too young. The people complaining of a power gap I never saw out there on the battlefield anyway. You're not going to find the apex of challenge around here going on dragon raids and salvage farm parties, IMO you need to RvR for that.

I don't expect the changes to be a success overnight, I mean.... as fun as Uth 1.0 was, it took years of growth and reputation building to reach a stable 1000-1200 pop.

I was one of those calling for changes back when 4,000 became 3,500 and so on. I think you staff are going about this the right direction, indeed better late than never. Very excited about these changes and more to come!

I totally agree. I love this server and to be fair staff did always great on setting things up, Uth1 was awesome and Uth2 was technical well made too, it just did not appeal a big part of players for long, because the old melancholic retro feelings never last long to any subject.
Staff had their vision they really liked to set up and they did, now they listening more to their players and make something new, more enjoyable for players, nothing wrong about that.

Uth1 was running years of big fun, ok Uth2 was a bit terrible, but give them a chance, it can still become a better Uh1 with some love and patience, the new changes show staff is getting back to the roots :wink: .

Xalara
Gryphon Knight

Postby Xalara » Jul 26, 2018 21:45

You ignored people screaming for QoL changes for years and basically told them to stop playing here if they didn’t like it, and now that some serious competition arrives that actually gets how to make a fun, classic daoc server in 2018, you suddenly have a change of heart and do a full 180 on everything you’ve always said (“nope, it wasn’t like this in 1.65 so we won’t add it) ?

Na, not credible, sorry. Just a pathetic attempt of trying to get people to come back. Surprise: it ain’t gonna happen.

Seksy
Eagle Knight

Postby Seksy » Jul 26, 2018 21:54

That's madness, no need to shut the server down, however I would agree that the changes need to be impactful so when people return they feel it. A huge mistake would be to slowly implement them over a year period. I just logged on and saw a big difference in Cale with the bind, now all that's left is adding a healer and putting in the charge pots. The most important changes for me and others I play with are..

- Charge pots( go bald with barrels! )
- Charge stones through BP or dragon. remove that dumb requirement to need an alch for crafted charges plz!
- Faster ports, ports to keep in emain (if controlled by hib) same for the other 2 realms to reduce travel time.
- Increased gold from kills like it was on Uth1, Don't force rvr players to pve.
- Make keeps more significant and increase rps, also add keep tasks.
- Adjust bonuses on relic or change them so they aren't so impactful.
- No rps for greys(not as important).
- God dam bring back reskins with Uthalis!!!
- Reduce port times, add porters in major cities.
- Bind stone at portal keep with a healer(same for bgs)

The point is to add variety and reduce downtime between player objectives.

WhatAboutStaff
Guardian

Postby WhatAboutStaff » Jul 26, 2018 21:58

Genjiro wrote:
WhatAboutStaff wrote:stop deleting my post, kid. you are part of the problem.

Looking at the moderator log none of your posts have been deleted recently.
Please don't spread false information.

wrong, at least 5 posts deleted, none of them contained profanities. One post said Trishin, your spin is not valid, population critical mass was reached way before your plans to make changes.

now, i removed Trishin from my post and wallah! post was not deleted. lava starts shooting up from my screen if i mention Abydos though.

Dragoonn
Gryphon Knight

Postby Dragoonn » Jul 26, 2018 22:08

Seksy wrote:That's madness, no need to shut the server down, however I would agree that the changes need to be impactful so when people return they feel it. A huge mistake would be to slowly implement them over a year period. I just logged on and saw a big difference in Cale with the bind, now all that's left is adding a healer and putting in the charge pots. The most important changes for me and others I play with are..

- Charge pots( go bald with barrels! )
- Charge stones through BP or dragon. remove that dumb requirement to need an alch for crafted charges plz!
- Faster ports, ports to keep in emain (if controlled by hib) same for the other 2 realms to reduce travel time.
- Increased gold from kills like it was on Uth1, Don't force rvr players to pve.
- Make keeps more significant and increase rps, also add keep tasks.
- Adjust bonuses on relic or change them so they aren't so impactful.
- No rps for greys(not as important).
- God dam bring back reskins with Uthalis!!!
- Reduce port times, add porters in major cities.
- Bind stone at portal keep with a healer(same for bgs)

The point is to add variety and reduce downtime between player objectives.

In 1 word ?? Uth1

Mayday
Warder

Postby Mayday » Jul 26, 2018 22:14

Xalara wrote:Charwipe is not gonna happen. Nothing to see here, nothing to return to. Time to move on. Nothing has changed and the mindset of the administration is not going to change, these are just last-straw changes because they see that their server is dying.

Heads up: Changes won't do anything to revive the server, it's too late. Without a char wipe, nothing is going ot change and the majority will play on the other server, where you can actually see a vision and staff that cares about it's playerbase.

Tbh if they brought back Uthgard v1 with some changes (ex. no Tajendi, no horse in RvR zones). It would be very appealing to come back. Obviously thats not going to happen.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just want to thank the staff for their hard work. It has been the greatest gaming experience playing here during Uth1.0. I wish you all the best.

Mayday
Warder

Postby Mayday » Jul 26, 2018 22:17

Tyton wrote:
Trishin wrote:Daoc requires certain amount of people to work, it has now dipped under that number, which is why we react.

It's much better to steer a boat away from an iceberg rather than waiting for it to hit and having to patch it up.

Hundreds of people saw this happening and warned and pleaded for something to be done before it got to the inevitable. We, the majority of players, saw this downward trend coming just a couple months after launch.

We didn't ask for change because we wanted to ruin Uthgard's vision, because we wanted a lot of people to play here with us (hardcores, casuals, etc). The only way to do that would be to add QoL and negate some of the unnecessary timesinks. The birth of other things in the DAoC community only happened because Uthgard would not listen. Now you're listening, which is awesome, but also now the DAoC community is so fragmented now - I fear it really may be too late for a lot of things.

Well said.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just want to thank the staff for their hard work. It has been the greatest gaming experience playing here during Uth1.0. I wish you all the best.

Seksy
Eagle Knight

Postby Seksy » Jul 26, 2018 22:21

I don't see the credibility of someone who just join the forums making demands, or those who state that players are complaining/whining for changes. It's obvious the server needed change so anyone denying that are Uthgard fanboys who can't see past whats really happening, or want Uthgard to fail. I point out the problem, heck I pointed out the mistake of removing barrels in Uth1. We have a ****** server releasing and the only reason people even care is because the QoL changes make it way more fun and while Uthgard is superior server in all other regards, it's just not fun long term.. I know the truth hurts but sometimes you need to get hurt to understand what went wrong.

Dragoonn wrote:In 1 word ?? Uth1

Yes ofc, except for the New Ra's(which I still think are more fun). Uth1 was a success that only ended because of how they started removing stuff and reverting back to 1.65. For years I played uth since around 2010 and was always a fun server until the change in direction which caused me to create a forum account. I'm not here on the forums because I want uthgard to fail, Quite the opposite I want a fun server for me and I know whats fun for me is also fun for many. It's not like im trying to completly change the game in a negative way, just want to reduce time that it takes a player to get from a-b(B=fun) and keep them a long as possible on B. Nothing I want changed will effect realm balance because it effects all three realms equally!

Previous

Return to News