News Blooms in Spring

Here you can comment on news articles.
Pao
Gryphon Knight

Postby Pao » May 31, 2018 10:14

Rukc wrote:Thank you for all the hard dedicated work. I hope SI is here before others servers go beta.

Hope so too. In game the reaction is underwhelming. Lots off people expected a bigger news. Lots of people waiting for the new servers because they do what the majority of freeshard players want.
New server will have balance issues for sure but people want to play what ever they like and not to be forced to grind. New meta is exciting and will attract a lot of people.

Hope GMs are fine with what they have stated, that they are fine with just 300ppl playing the game under their vision.
Its important to leave this server running doesn't matter how low the numbers will be. The other servers can fail but Uthgard still will be there, thats Uthgards only chance.
Hope GMs are fine with what they have stated, that they are fine with just 80 people (300ppl was Trishin Statement long time ago) playing the game under their vision.
Its important to leave this server running doesn't matter how low the numbers will be. The other servers can fail but Uthgard still will be there, thats Uthgards only chance.

Edit 19/09/21: Well Uthgards chance has come.

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » May 31, 2018 11:07

Thanks for the effort.
Casuals seems to have a blast on Uthgard. At least EU prime time is casual zergs dominating atm. The 8v8 crowed is not what keeps a server alive. As long as Uthgard can attract all the casuals the server is fine.

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » May 31, 2018 13:58

pweet wrote:Thanks for the effort.
Casuals seems to have a blast on Uthgard. At least EU prime time is casual zergs dominating atm. The 8v8 crowed is not what keeps a server alive. As long as Uthgard can attract all the casuals the server is fine.

Casuals willing to dedicate 5 days /played in some sort of ideal situation for xp, up to 25 days /played solo.

I wish more casuals played here. I can give a few suggestions as to how to get them to do so.

But those suggestions don't seem to be wanted.
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37632

Players can greatly contribute to a server if you let them.

Uthgard, still the best server. Thanks, Devs.

Vick
Myrmidon

Postby Vick » May 31, 2018 16:34

Thegee wrote:I will return when they release SI, but not before that.
Thanks for the step in the right direction

Who cares ?

Good job Devs !
Sofely FrenchFlair - Sorceress 7Lx <Sturmklingen>

Kazvall
Myrmidon

Postby Kazvall » May 31, 2018 16:42

Pao wrote:
Rukc wrote:Thank you for all the hard dedicated work. I hope SI is here before others servers go beta.

Hope so too. In game the reaction is underwhelming. Lots off people expected a bigger news. Lots of people waiting for the new servers because they do what the majority of freeshard players want.
New server will have balance issues for sure but people want to play what ever they like and not to be forced to grind. New meta is exciting and will attract a lot of people.

Hope GMs are fine with what they have stated, that they are fine with just 300ppl playing the game under their vision.

Pheonix BETA isn't until June 23rd. It's hard to believe they will go live before SI comes out here. And keep in mind SI on this server will be complete and not some ragtag mishmash of broken/new quests and bad mobs.

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » May 31, 2018 17:16

Kazvall wrote:
Pao wrote:

Pheonix BETA isn't until June 23rd. It's hard to believe they will go live before SI comes out here. And keep in mind SI on this server will be complete and not some ragtag mishmash of broken/new quests and bad mobs.

BTW, just so we are clear, I LOVE UTHGARD. I just disagree with some of the decisions of the devs and REALLY wish they would give some love to busy people and casuals. And I think it is a loss on the great server they built to choose not to share it with more people by making it more accessable for casuals and busy people.

I don't want to go play some half assed server. But DAOC is about people and if everyone leaves so does the game.
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37632

Players can greatly contribute to a server if you let them.

Uthgard, still the best server. Thanks, Devs.

Gian
Warder

Postby Gian » May 31, 2018 17:44

Great news!!

Thanks team :)

Raku
Myrmidon

Postby Raku » Jun 01, 2018 11:09

As already mentioned on Facebook: Good job, keep it up. :wink: Don't forget to enjoy the nice weather!!

I sent you a little summer gift through PayPal :wink:

Raku

[R]Bloodwyne
Gryphon Knight

Postby [R]Bloodwyne » Jun 03, 2018 09:12

cammes wrote:But ohhhhh wait who cares about US ?
There Wisedom is gone i mean you did get Trump as Present its a nice Mirror.

I wish Europe had a Trump :( MAKE EUROPE GREAT AGAIN!

Celteen
Alerion Knight

Postby Celteen » Jun 03, 2018 10:19

[R]Bloodwyne wrote:
cammes wrote:But ohhhhh wait who cares about US ?
There Wisedom is gone i mean you did get Trump as Present its a nice Mirror.

I wish Europe had a Trump :( MAKE EUROPE GREAT AGAIN!

<<< This avatar is handmade by Inotor Wurzelbert : )
Check out the Mampfer-Threads for more.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25079
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26934

[R]Bloodwyne
Gryphon Knight

Postby [R]Bloodwyne » Jun 03, 2018 10:59

GreenP
Phoenix Knight

Postby GreenP » Jun 03, 2018 12:35

Formerly known as
Touareg- RR10 noobVW on Uth1.
Crossfire- RR7 noobAnimist on Uth1.
Ohnoes- RR9 noobAnimist on Lolgins.

Click this LINK if you want to see the truth about Hibernia

Sharpinator
Warder

Postby Sharpinator » Jun 03, 2018 13:04

Dear devs, dear others,

since I have started playing DAoC in 2009 on Uthgard (first time I had played an mmo as well^^) I do not have the faintest idea, what factions really mean for the gameplay, for RvR and how they work in particular. Asking those pseudo-pros ingame isnt much
of help to say the least. Therefore I'd ask for some usefull links to be provided with; maybe by Dev's? You guys must have done some good research there as you always do, have you? It is pretty impossible to find viable info considering how old the game and this patchlevel actually are, when you haven't started with Beta in 2000-pumpkin :)

I really look forward to SI! :D

Issue tracker:

Trish, of course the tracker is a great tool. But I for my part loose the motivation to contribute to it, when I do not get any response from a GM about it. Even a 'sorry mate, we do not now, how this happens' or 'it cannot have any priority due to' whatever has higher priority for the moment would keep me on track there and I suppose that might be true for other dedicated Uthgard-nerders like myself :)

Channels:

I do not understand, why there has to be restrictions to channels such as /lfg or /trade at all. Maybe you can enlighten me there too? As I understand it, it is a lot of work to monitor those (and tbh, lfg has seen alot of abuse according to your rules, sometimes for ours by the same people without any consequence obviously) and maybe some time I suppose even sisyphos-work. For me the difference of channels always has been the difference in colors only and on previous Uthgard no one cared for that and it never seemd to be a problem for anyone (/trade was just useful, cos it was purple and therefore better to see^^). Why should not be allowed to be looking for people for RvR and motivating them with the info that there is apparently a lot of action such as 3fgm or hibzerg around in lfg?

PS: I've played more on Uthgard 2.0 than most of you so please save your bullshit-bingo for yourselfs, players. What I ask for are facts facts facts or constructive thoughts! :P

I hope to get some help here :) Nevertheless, I love you Devs! Uthgard 1.0 for 4 years and Uthgard 2.0 since day two and hopefully many years to come!

Yours sincerely,

Betahealer aka. Painfriend

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Jun 03, 2018 16:25

We've explained before that there will not be a realm wide global chat. Join an alliance for that.

Sharpinator
Warder

Postby Sharpinator » Jun 04, 2018 20:42

It is so amazing, you took so much time to think about an reply. You are so helpful, ty :)

PreviousNext

Return to News