News Blooms in Spring

Here you can comment on news articles.
JaggedOne
Warder

Postby JaggedOne » May 30, 2018 11:12

Thanks guys...greatly appreciate all your hard work !!!!
Never ask permission when you can beg forgiveness later.

Der_Eisbaer
Eagle Knight

Postby Der_Eisbaer » May 30, 2018 13:47

Good work, well done - especially a working faction system allows for some nasty tactics in RvR which I now can finally unleash on my enemies. :twisted:

I also appreciate the minor convenience changes which a big cheer for the improved crafting keeps!

That being said there is two minor remarks that I would like to share with you regarding the release of the News:

1) Would it be possible to send out an e-mail to every registred e-mail address as soon as you publish new News?

2) Could you do this on a regular basis, e.g every month or something? Because even - from your point of view - minor messages like improvement of the back end is interesting news for the players because it shows us what you guys are working at and helps us better understand why THAT ANNOYING BUG, YOU KNOW WHICH I MEAN!!!1 still has not been fixed. Plus it will help preventing the spreading of rumors that Uthgard has been abandoned or the similar which I find very dangerous for the population stability.

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » May 30, 2018 13:53

Der_Eisbaer wrote:Good work, well done - especially a working faction system allows for some nasty tactics in RvR which I now can finally unleash on my enemies. :twisted:

I also appreciate the minor convenience changes which a big cheer for the improved crafting keeps!

That being said there is two minor remarks that I would like to share with you regarding the release of the News:

1) Would it be possible to send out an e-mail to every registred e-mail address as soon as you publish new News?

2) Could you do this on a regular basis, e.g every month or something? Because even - from your point of view - minor messages like improvement of the back end is interesting news for the players because it shows us what you guys are working at and helps us better understand why THAT ANNOYING BUG, YOU KNOW WHICH I MEAN!!!1 still has not been fixed. Plus it will help preventing the spreading of rumors that Uthgard has been abandoned or the similar which I find very dangerous for the population stability.

1) We don't have a system for this, and sending out 50.000 emails every now and then can quickly be considered spam by email servers if not done properly. (Something we can't do at the moment)

2) We have been saying this for a long time. We would love to make more news posts, however we value significant news over "we moved 3 mobs 20 units" news. News will come whenever we have them and when they are significant enough for us to publish. For a more frequent update feed I suggest you pay attention to the issue tracker on the front page. If we abandon the project (highly unlikely), you will know.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » May 30, 2018 14:05

Good news on factions.

Maybe you should hire someone to monitor the chat channels instead of coders and gms.

You can use me if you want.

I will encourage people to use their /ignore and /filter commands.

I will remind people of the TOS and to act like adults.
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37632

Players can greatly contribute to a server if you let them.

Uthgard, still the best server. Thanks, Devs.

Rukc
Warder

Postby Rukc » May 30, 2018 15:10

Thank you for all the hard dedicated work. I hope SI is here before others servers go beta.

munchies
Myrmidon

Postby munchies » May 30, 2018 15:38

Not sure if this works as intended. All crimfins are fighting eachother (no bard confusion) and i heard the same in CM for the aggro goblins.

Tool999
Warder

Postby Tool999 » May 30, 2018 15:51

so is /broad in frontiers allowed to spread rvr info (range is very close it seems, something like 3k locs or so, only nearby can read it), or not????

if not, why? can`t remember it was forbidden on live......

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » May 30, 2018 16:04

Please do not confuse /lfg and /trade restrictions with /broad restrictions.

RvR intel (and random chit chat) is allowed in /broad
RvR intel (and random chit chat) is not allowed in /lfg and /trade

Asking for grp is allowed in /lfg
Asking for grp is not allowed in /broad and /trade

Asking for services (WTT, WTS, WTB) is allowed in /trade
Asking for services is not allowed in /lfg and /broad

Ask yourself, am I looking for a grp, a trade, or am I chit chatting? that question should 99% of cases answer what channel you need to put things in.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

crevete
Warder

Postby crevete » May 30, 2018 18:55

Well , more 10 years for finalizing coding SI Factions .. Well , maybe in 6 years , we will see SI open . I'm sorry ,i'm not positiv , because when we see how many time Staff need for solve problem already in game , i believe on the rest .

Sorry about that .

I dont understand . You create on Uthgard 1.0 Tagendi .. An area full created by GM & when you start SI , you need more 8 years for doing something already created ...

Hmm ..

Aswell , we will see how that evolut .. But i'm perplex .

Kiss all & continue your job .

MT-Pear
Phoenix Knight

Postby MT-Pear » May 30, 2018 20:57

crevete wrote:Well , more 10 years for finalizing coding SI Factions .. Well , maybe in 6 years , we will see SI open . I'm sorry ,i'm not positiv , because when we see how many time Staff need for solve problem already in game , i believe on the rest .

Sorry about that .

I dont understand . You create on Uthgard 1.0 Tagendi .. An area full created by GM & when you start SI , you need more 8 years for doing something already created ...

Hmm ..

Aswell , we will see how that evolut .. But i'm perplex .

Kiss all & continue your job .

There's a difference between "I can build what I want" (Tajendi) and "I want to rebuild something and have to research how they have build it" (SI).

You can imagine that the second one is alot more timeconsuming than the first one.

Anomie
Myrmidon

Postby Anomie » May 30, 2018 23:22

Well i'm very pleased with the update. I had watched the thread seeking player help with factions and knew that you had this as a waypoint goal toward SI implementation, so i'm excited at what this portends.

I particularly like the vault keeper and craft masters in crafting keeps. I've already died once on my way out there since you've implemented that! Though the grey-gankers probably didn't get many RPs, they did delay my progressing in the trade. Since my goal in crafting is largely to boost morale among newcomers to my realm, i suppose those northern brutes should be acknowledged for undermining enemy morale.

Anyhow, i imagine it's not an oversight that you didn't implement crafting tasks at the craft masters in the keeps?

I have only checked Caer Beno on my Hib fletcher, so maybe i'm wrong about this and you did implement these tasks, just not outside one's home-realm's frontiers.

Now on to making friends with certain factions and trying desperately not to kill any of the neutral ones that have no natural enemies, other than the two or three isolated factions that are just too juicy not to hunt!
[img]https://uthsig.000webhostapp.com/uthsig.php?myceliumrunning+animists+bawd+rearranger+cowarden+vitamix[/img]

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » May 30, 2018 23:47

Correct, crafting tasks cannot be completed in the frontier by design.

Kazvall
Myrmidon

Postby Kazvall » May 31, 2018 00:02

Very cool news! Thanks for all the hard work. This is a great milestone for the release of the SI expansion and a nice nod towards crafting and social connectivity.

Thegee
Guardian

Postby Thegee » May 31, 2018 02:53

I will return when they release SI, but not before that.
Thanks for the step in the right direction

Zetetic
Gryphon Knight

Postby Zetetic » May 31, 2018 05:10

thank you :D

I can get the mobs on my side now :twisted:

PreviousNext

Return to News