News Blooms in Spring

Here you can comment on news articles.
Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » Jun 05, 2018 16:03

Sharpinator wrote:I do not understand, why there has to be restrictions to channels such as /lfg or /trade at all. Maybe you can enlighten me there too?

Because they are an invitation to spammers and misuse. Our experience has shown that in the past years due to the broad audience a spammer can reach. These channels have a very specific purpose which should not be misused for a broader context. LFG's programmatic restriction is level based which can even be turned off on listener side if needed (leveling on alts). Spreading RvR info in these channels is not allowed. This is on purpose and not considered "looking for group". To have a more global chat to inform others you can join an alliance. Also these channels aren't just colors, you can disable each one separately as needed if it gets too spammy.
It's done when it's done. Thanks for your patience.
Every bug gets fixed. Sooner or later.

"It is an inescapable law of nature that the amount of satisfaction one gains from achieving something
is related to how hard it is and easy things can only elicit a fleeting superficial sort of pleasure."

Blue says, "you used macro tools or macro keyboard"
Pala says, "i am disabled. and i have a mechanic left hand that can be programed. its hard to play woith one hand"

[Appeal] Bxxxxxxxx: "why is RA first aid cann man i stealth use and not unstealth cann man ra if man use unstealth ?????????"
BannedUser: "i was not using automate game action my hand was fall on keyboard during i was sleep .... i was completly fall on keyboard ..."

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Jun 05, 2018 18:01

Blue wrote:
Sharpinator wrote:I do not understand, why there has to be restrictions to channels such as /lfg or /trade at all. Maybe you can enlighten me there too?

Because they are an invitation to spammers and misuse. Our experience has shown that in the past years due to the broad audience a spammer can reach. These channels have a very specific purpose which should not be misused for a broader context. LFG's programmatic restriction is level based which can even be turned off on listener side if needed (leveling on alts). Spreading RvR info in these channels is not allowed. This is on purpose and not considered "looking for group". To have a more global chat to inform others you can join an alliance. Also these channels aren't just colors, you can disable each one separately as needed if it gets too spammy.

I would think that if someone was too spammy players could use /ignore on them.

If they used too many bad words they could put the default filter back on which they disabled.

If someone violated the terms of service and use racial or other prevented language they could be reported.

Then all this effort policing could be focused on programming.
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37632

Players can greatly contribute to a server if you let them.

Uthgard, still the best server. Thanks, Devs.

Gnome
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Gnome » Jun 05, 2018 18:05

relvinian wrote:Then all this effort policing could be focused on programming.

With the current system in place, we have delegated most of the police work to Guilds and Alliances.

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » Jun 05, 2018 19:37

Gnome wrote:
relvinian wrote:Then all this effort policing could be focused on programming.

With the current system in place, we have delegated most of the police work to Guilds and Alliances.

Officer nasty reporting for duty ;)

Meander Silberberg
Myrmidon

Postby Meander Silberberg » Jun 05, 2018 20:56

relvinian wrote:
Blue wrote:
Sharpinator wrote:
I would think that if someone was too spammy players could use /ignore on them.

/ignore does not work in public channels :)
Last edited by Meander Silberberg on Jun 05, 2018 20:56, edited 1 time in total.

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Jun 05, 2018 20:56

It is a bug, as it should. We are working on that.

Shalindra
Warder

Postby Shalindra » Jun 06, 2018 16:58

Thank you so much for the updates. Having factions active creates a whole new layer to the game that was missing! The conveniences are awesome as well, but WORKING FACTIONS how awesome is that! I have been following the forum post concerning the work involved to make factions work, I want to that everyone, game masters and players alike that made this a reality.

Sharpinator
Warder

Postby Sharpinator » Jun 09, 2018 21:53

Blue wrote:Because they are an invitation to spammers and misuse.
Our experience has shown that in the past years due to the broad audience a spammer can reach.

Well, that quite understandable. Although I meant, why is it abuse in the first place to share RvR-info? Why this effort? And how did you delegate the police work to alliances or guilds? I don't give a penny on what most of those guild-leaders have to say...reasonable people really got rare here..or I am getting old and am stuck with honesty and 'thank-you mate'-tells instead of ripping of your guildmates, so they pay for your temps :P

Blue wrote:These channels have a very specific purpose which should not be misused for a broader context.[...]

Ok, but for what reason? :)

Grimgarion
Guardian

Postby Grimgarion » Jun 23, 2018 02:09

Great job! Factions are a welcome addition. I knew what was coming for the level 50 Epic. Have to get the Ellyll lord in PM. Can't really storm the gates as all my "help" is level 10ish right now plus, I wanted to see inside for once. Made sure to take a break killing near Surs at 49 to take out a bub worth of tegs. Got neutral. Can go right on in.
Didn't know he had a woman with him in there. Guess they going through a rough patch as she did not assist. Ha! Powertap says he is lvl 62. I didn't pull him far enough at all. The Champions won't attack but they will stick to him and heal him once he starts taking damage. The sages stuck to the champions just hang out chill. I don't think he called for help though so your experience may vary.
Side note: You can also slip in PM by way of Snowdonia without aggroing froglords or windchasers. Good times!

LittleFace123
Guardian

Postby LittleFace123 » Jul 23, 2018 04:48

New to the server, old to the game. Just wanted to say "good job" on the work done so far. That said, do you (devs) plan on promoting the server more so that player base grows? Don't know how much you can or can't do, but it almost seems that since you have Mythic permission and rights to host, can't you also, say, promote through some gaming communities and other forums?

Answer is likely no, but offering it through Steam for free through their player workshop?

Looking forward to SI coming to this freeshard!

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Jul 23, 2018 09:26

LittleFace123 wrote:That said, do you (devs) plan on promoting the server more so that player base grows?

We have some ideas to do so in the near future. Stay tuned!
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

LittleFace123
Guardian

Postby LittleFace123 » Jul 24, 2018 01:01

Genjiro wrote:
LittleFace123 wrote:That said, do you (devs) plan on promoting the server more so that player base grows?

We have some ideas to do so in the near future. Stay tuned!

Excellent! I know it will never be like the heady days of 10,000 per realm in RVR, but if it were even around 500 in RVR per realm + another 500 in PVE - that would be an achievable accomplishment that would satisfy many others like myself.

Looking forward to the updates, SI, and all that!

Previous

Return to News