Warder

Postby cairbeth » Dec 26, 2017 15:28

[Edited]

Spoilers!

- Gnome

crevete
Warder

Postby crevete » Dec 26, 2017 17:25

Gnome wrote:Nobody is forcing you to participate in this Quest, nor to do any Quest.

The quest was designed to fit into the Lore, to concentrate players in a particular area, to encourage players to seek assistance from those that are stronger, to give the reward some relevance, to test my building abilities, and to bring something reusable for years to come.

I have rather enjoyed the unique battles that have taken place in Odin's Gate since the event has started and therefor a success in my book.

I love this answer : Its amazing , Gm dont force people to participate in quest . But its CHRISTMAS , Its an event for encourage players & concentrate players : OK ? But you can do that is safe area too no ?

Your answer is just useless & we dont need to die for ( TEST your building ABILITIES ) .

I'understand now why Staff cant Code Shrouded Isles ....

Continue to recruit everyone in staff of Uthgard , its nice ...

Merry Christmas !

crevete
Warder

Postby crevete » Dec 26, 2017 17:29

Lethanas wrote:How sad, when devs sacrifice some of their scarce free time and develop an event and the only thing people can do is to rant about things! :(

Thanks to the devs for all the work they have been doing over the last months and years. You are doing a great job! *thumbsup*

Merry Christmas to everyone! :)

I prefer see developper work on real bug to put a quest just for test ABILITY

Spivo
Eagle Knight

Postby Spivo » Dec 26, 2017 17:47

I prefer they do stuff they find enjoyment in, so they keep having interest in working on the server.

Rather have 90% their own stuff and 10% bug fixing, than 100% bug fixing and burn-out.
Albion and having fun

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Dec 26, 2017 18:28

crevete wrote:I prefer see developper work on real bug to put a quest just for test ABILITY

People seem still not to understand the difference between a Developer and a Game Master.
A Game Master creating a Christmas Quest or a Quest in general does not involve any Developer.
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

Prettypinkunicorns
Warder

Postby Prettypinkunicorns » Dec 26, 2017 18:34

Seems bugged, on step 2 of the quest, killed 40+ Spruces and only got Rotten Spruce from all of them.

Nehm
Myrmidon

Postby Nehm » Dec 26, 2017 19:48

crevete wrote: I prefer see developper work on real bug to put a quest just for test ABILITY

Sounds like someone died in a RvR zone. I feel so deeply sorry for you.

I like the event, have been pretty nice stealth wars last two days. Also kinda wondering how many trees you need on step 2 though, killed about 15 so far and gotten 10 rotten ones.

trademark
Myrmidon

Postby trademark » Dec 26, 2017 19:58

Prettypinkunicorns wrote:Seems bugged, on step 2 of the quest, killed 40+ Spruces and only got Rotten Spruce from all of them.

Not bugged, just a very low drop rate, far as I can tell. We've had theories as to what affects drop rate: whether you have to be an Elf, whether you have to be solo, that sort of thing. I don't think any of it applies -- I think it's just a very low drop rate.

For those of you thinking this content, or indeed any Uthgard content, is supposed to be easy and accessible with only a small investment, I believe you are on the wrong server. You can google Live without too much trouble, I'm sure. For me? I probably won't ever complete the quest because of the effort. But I will absolutely roam around Odin's, either solo or with smallman, looking for folks who are questing. And I'd expect nothing less from the rest. And if there is no action, who knows, maybe we'll chop down a few trees until we find some action.
Alainna

Prettypinkunicorns
Warder

Postby Prettypinkunicorns » Dec 26, 2017 20:13

trademark wrote:
Prettypinkunicorns wrote:Seems bugged, on step 2 of the quest, killed 40+ Spruces and only got Rotten Spruce from all of them.

Not bugged, just a very low drop rate, far as I can tell. We've had theories as to what affects drop rate: whether you have to be an Elf, whether you have to be solo, that sort of thing. I don't think any of it applies -- I think it's just a very low drop rate.

For those of you thinking this content, or indeed any Uthgard content, is supposed to be easy and accessible with only a small investment, I believe you are on the wrong server. You can google Live without too much trouble, I'm sure. For me? I probably won't ever complete the quest because of the effort. But I will absolutely roam around Odin's, either solo or with smallman, looking for folks who are questing. And I'd expect nothing less from the rest. And if there is no action, who knows, maybe we'll chop down a few trees until we find some action.

Bugged or not, this is ridiculous, and needs to be addressed.
Last edited by Prettypinkunicorns on Dec 26, 2017 20:42, edited 1 time in total.

Lazyghost
Myrmidon

Postby Lazyghost » Dec 26, 2017 20:29

Me and my guild + a few people from allaince spent around 9 hours killing trees. not one person got the drop. what a wonderful quest.

aksta
Warder

Postby aksta » Dec 26, 2017 20:35

Gnome wrote:Nobody is forcing you to participate in this Quest, nor to do any Quest.

The quest was designed to fit into the Lore, to concentrate players in a particular area, to encourage players to seek assistance from those that are stronger, to give the reward some relevance, to test my building abilities, and to bring something reusable for years to come.

I have rather enjoyed the unique battles that have taken place in Odin's Gate since the event has started and therefor a success in my book.

lul

Zaya
Myrmidon

Postby Zaya » Dec 26, 2017 22:31

Hello and merry christmas everyone :)

Thanks a lot for giving us this christmas quest, it started out very interesting and if it brings people to the frontiers - awesome.

Has anyone managed to complete step 2 today? A friend and I are stuck at this point since several hours although we kept killing trees all over the place. If the droprate is just very low, okay then. Just curious if someone made it so far :-P

Best wishes and happy holidays
Zaya

Nehm
Myrmidon

Postby Nehm » Dec 26, 2017 22:36

Zaya wrote:Hello and merry christmas everyone :)

Thanks a lot for giving us this christmas quest, it started out very interesting and if it brings people to the frontiers - awesome.

Has anyone managed to complete step 2 today? A friend and I are stuck at this point since several hours although we kept killing trees all over the place. If the droprate is just very low, okay then. Just curious if someone made it so far :-P

Best wishes and happy holidays
Zaya

I finally found it just now. Killed around 15 trees in group yesterday, then decided to try solo today and got the drop on third mob.

Kha
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kha » Dec 26, 2017 23:40

Merry Christmas everyone !
And ... F**** you trolls !!!

Lot of players have theirs own reasons to be angry against staff, and i have my own for a specific tested & data provided but not fixed yet, bug.

Still, FFS !!!!!! They take on their own Christmas time to provide something NEW (how many new things on this game the past 12 years ? Broadwsword showed us very quickly how new content could ruin a game, here Uth did a neutral & fun quest) It may not be perfect, but it's freaking new content for everyone to enjoy on a free to play 1.65 (it's the idea) server.

Enjoy it, or don't, but if you are on the constant bashing part, sh*** the f*** up for once, and let everyone else enjoy the free fun they offer.

Can't play anymore for reasons, and am sad i can't even try the quest, for those who unfortunately don't like it .. too bad, maybe the next one, maybe never, but stop being toxic, please. Toxic behavior will not help your rants about population / or / progressive / 8v8/ rvr/ whatever / improving / whatever you are seeking for this server.

Thanks.

Dicarb
Warder

Postby Dicarb » Dec 27, 2017 11:07

little question

How do a Christmasquest fit the Lore > Midgard
The Nordic Mythology has nothing to do with Christmas

PreviousNext

Return to News