Winter's Grasp

Here you can comment on news articles.
Gnome
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Gnome » Dec 25, 2017 06:37

A strange chest dropped at the gates of the city. Who placed this container? Who is it from? Who is it for? Nobody seems to know.

Numerous townsfolk approach and examine, it’s locked and cold to the touch. A few days pass and the citizens anxiously attempt to pry open the chest. All efforts have been unsuccessful.

During the coldest winter night yet, a faint creak echoes across the land when finally an elf emerges. A daring guardian immediately seized the elf by the neck! With a few moments passed, the guardian loosens his grip. He releases the elf and shouts, “My hand… it’s blue and numb!”

Seek out the Frostbitten Elf and discover his intentions.

Cotswold Village
Mularn
Mag Mell

Merry Christmas

- Uthgard Staff

Edit:
The Frostbitten Elf struggles and clings to the wintry breeze. It won't be long before his visitation to our plane will end and return to his frozen prison. This quest will be available until January 10th, 2018.

SlaterAC
Warder

Postby SlaterAC » Dec 25, 2017 06:50

Why is there a level limitation on it :cry:

Ardri
Eagle Knight

Postby Ardri » Dec 25, 2017 06:54

SlaterAC wrote:Why is there a level limitation on it :cry:

Probably because you have to kill mobs etc. and they don't want people to make lvl 1's, get PL'd through the quest, and then get whatever the reward is. But somehow i doubt the reward is that amazing anyway.
Last edited by Ardri on Jan 01, 2018 03:39, edited 1 time in total.
<Bushido>
Ardri - Minstrel
Quickonthedraw - Cabalist
Bareknucklechamp - Merc

http://imgur.com/P2fR3JZ

SlaterAC
Warder

Postby SlaterAC » Dec 25, 2017 07:10

Idk then make it lvl 10-20-25 limited.

Keepdoor
Warder

Postby Keepdoor » Dec 25, 2017 08:02

How long will this feller be here for us to complete his bidding?
Yup, Sad But True

munchies
Myrmidon

Postby munchies » Dec 25, 2017 10:04

Ardri wrote:
SlaterAC wrote:Why is there a level limitation on it :cry:

Probably because you have to kill mobs etc. and they don't want people to make lvl 1's, get PL'd through the quest, and then get whatever the reward is.

Because one step takes everyone to FZ and under 35 are gray and not worth many RP's : :twisted: :twisted:

Lilkill
Warder

Postby Lilkill » Dec 25, 2017 10:41

Sorry but Bullshit with 35 u are flaged Yellow for every Enemie ánd as Always thats just another Event for Fiends to farm you utterly nonesense if u ask me Sorry

Lethanas
Guardian

Postby Lethanas » Dec 25, 2017 11:40

How sad, when devs sacrifice some of their scarce free time and develop an event and the only thing people can do is to rant about things! :(

Thanks to the devs for all the work they have been doing over the last months and years. You are doing a great job! *thumbsup*

Merry Christmas to everyone! :)

munchies
Myrmidon

Postby munchies » Dec 25, 2017 12:08

This quest will for sure bring some action in the frontiers. However the prize is relatively unmotivating for the effort that goes into the quest :) Was a fun quest though

wonshot
Gryphon Knight

Postby wonshot » Dec 25, 2017 12:25

I havnt managed to complete this quest yet, but I can share from my point of view what this little event brought me so far:

I really didnt have any plans to play on Uthgard for the next week or so, but seeing something "new" made me login to check it out. Instead of playing with the friends I normally hang out with, I ended up in a smallman with players I maybe wouldnt had got to play with, in a scale I didnt normally participate in.

We had a lot of fun on stage 2 in Odins, cracking jokes about how the Hammer users should had been using axes to chop down the tree fasters. or if a ram would speed up things :roll:

either way, its the little things that help keeping uthgard amazing. I might not care or use the reward from this quest. but the result of creating action, getting people to log in and go out there, group up, socialize and do something abit different than what they would normally log in to do. Thats just a pure win in my book, and I truely hope the devs have more of these little events in store for us.
<<Bombling>> - Supp SM Lvl 50 - RR 7L0
Bombling Saga part I - VI.
Magnetling Part I&II.
Retired on Uthgard for now. Warhammer RoR private server, and CU beta testing.

aksta
Warder

Postby aksta » Dec 25, 2017 17:29

Lethanas wrote:How sad, when devs sacrifice some of their scarce free time and develop an event and the only thing people can do is to rant about things! :(

Thanks to the devs for all the work they have been doing over the last months and years. You are doing a great job! *thumbsup*

serial killers put in a lot of time in their work. Time does not =/= 100qua

Parn
Warder

Postby Parn » Dec 25, 2017 19:42

it would be nice to do the quest ... but no it's possible ... because of those who camp ... maybe it was better not to give steps of the quest in frontier zone ... thanks

trademark
Myrmidon

Postby trademark » Dec 25, 2017 20:32

Cute reward and created a ton of unique action last night. Not sure if the associated action will continue, but even if not, that was fun, thanks team.

Also, i haven't done a quest that wasnt googleable in over a decade. Forgot what that puzzle solving experience was like in an mmo. Again, fun times!

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk
Alainna

Kaziera
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kaziera » Dec 25, 2017 21:41

aksta wrote:
Lethanas wrote:How sad, when devs sacrifice some of their scarce free time and develop an event and the only thing people can do is to rant about things! :(

You are an idiot.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

aksta
Warder

Postby aksta » Dec 25, 2017 22:21

Kaziera wrote:
aksta wrote:

You are an idiot.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

k kiddo

Next

Return to News