Server problems

Here you can comment on news articles.
eckso
Warder

Postby eckso » Sep 12, 2017 21:24

Skewldya wrote:
I have been updating the main post. Please have some understanding and patience in this unusual circumstance. Thank you.

You havent been updating, thats the point, changing the time isnt updating. Giving us an update would be something along the lines of "hey we found this is the problem, we plan to have it fixed by this time" Changing the time is the lazy way of going about updating.

I work in IT, I know you know what the problem is and you can update as such. The problem with you Devs, all of you, is you like to keep the community in the dark about everything, be it an update, a dev leaving, a problem with the server (for the second time in 2 weeks) etc...this is a horrible way to run anything, free or not. It is a ****** poor way to go about things

Well maybe you can withhold their pay, that would give them the incentive to get it done more quickly. Or you could be patient, and read a book.

Scmuck...

Caemma
Phoenix Knight

Postby Caemma » Sep 12, 2017 21:26

Skewldya wrote:
I have been updating the main post. Please have some understanding and patience in this unusual circumstance. Thank you.

You havent been updating, thats the point, changing the time isnt updating. Giving us an update would be something along the lines of "hey we found this is the problem, we plan to have it fixed by this time" Changing the time is the lazy way of going about updating.

I work in IT, I know you know what the problem is and you can update as such. The problem with you Devs, all of you, is you like to keep the community in the dark about everything, be it an update, a dev leaving, a problem with the server (for the second time in 2 weeks) etc...this is a horrible way to run anything, free or not. It is a ****** poor way to go about things

Last bit of information was that the person allowed to restart the server (and possible check what made it blow up..) is currently not reachable or not able to.. therefore untill that moment the situation won't change..

What kind of information should they give you (if what i said is true)? The coordinates and traffic stats of this person?
(And I work in IT too..)

Hopefully *he* will make it fast as possible..
There was a time when Uthgard 1.0 existed and maaaany toons and arrpees arose... but now:
ImageImageImage

Chanoine
Warder

Postby Chanoine » Sep 12, 2017 21:29

What if they found the problem and the quick fix is a roll back that they want to avoid at all cost but if they mention it you will see the outcry of the forum babes?
What if they did find it but want to know first how it came to happen before modifying anything so it does not reproduce?

I also work in IT, with teams of 20 devs per application, they have a salary doing from 500 to 800$ a day, when they are at work, their kids don't hurl in the room asking for stuff that any decent parent will immediatly provide if at home, just like most us do AFK sometimes for our kids while playing, because we're not AT WORK, it is just a hobby.

Just take a little patience, it is annoying but be a bit understanding.

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Sep 12, 2017 21:31

The server is back up. Thank you.

Previous

Return to News