Keep Siege and XP Update

Here you can comment on news articles.
Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » Aug 08, 2017 04:12

We want to announce the next set of changes to our setup to further encourage players to work together, fight for their realm, defend their keeps and crush enemies.

Summer XP Event

First things first - Looking to stay cool during the hot August nights? Come enjoy another bonus XP weekend!

10. August 2017 at 20:00 CEST - 14. August 2017 9:00 CEST

We will offer a +30% XP bonus during the time of the event that stacks with all other bonuses in all areas! At the same time there will be an increase of +30% money from bag of coins and chests. Your chance to get your rusty and stuck character leveled up. Don't miss it!

Keep Realm Point Pool and Siege Incentives

This update focuses on highlighting two options for advancing your character by rewarding you for participating in Realm vs Realm.

New Keep Siege Realm Point Pool

We implemented a new feature to reward defenders and attackers of a keep raid for successfully defending or attacking a keep. To encourage players to participate in keep siege and defenses, we introduce a bonus feature inspired from later versions of Dark Age of Camelot. As players are killed near a keep, bonus Realm Points are added up into a pool that is awarded on a successful capture or defense of a keep. After a keep siege has ended, stick around for 60 seconds to be rewarded what was collected up in the pool! A message will tell you when that happens.

RP For Keep Takes

To recap, on Uthgard, we award players for participating in capturing a keep. Players receive a reward that is based on the difficulty in taking that keep. This is above and beyond the bonus realm points for any defenders you may have killed during a keep siege. This has been active for some time on Uthgard and we wanted to inform you exactly how it works.

When you conquer a keep, realm points are distributed to all players in range for defeating the keep Lord itself, regardless of the number of defenders. The total realm points awarded is based on the level of each door and the level of the keep itself. You will see increased rewards based on the level of each door as well as the level of the keep.

We increased the total amount of realm points available for taking a keep. You will see an approximate maximum of 5,200 realm points for a level 10 keep with 2 level 10 doors. We changed it so that now up to 16 players get the full reward. With more players you will see a bit scaling down as the effort for more players to take keeps gets less. We also lessened this scaling beyond 16 players so you should see more RP in general for keep takes.

XP Changes - Group XP Caps

Following our lengthy discussion and also inspiration from our community Uthgard will be introducing some changes to our EXP system. The primary point of this discussion was to support players who wish to build groups and thus for them to see an additional benefit or bonus to grouping up and playing together as a community.

Uthgard will be adding a bonus to the experience cap in groups. Every player in a group enables a +5% cap increase to experience for all members of the group. That means your experience cap will be pushed up by +40% in a full group. Since all other bonuses beside the group bonus are on top of the capped experience they heavily depend on the cap. Since the group bonus (think BAF, social mobs) is used before the cap you should be targetting mobs that bring in significant group bonuses (+20% for each mob you face) so that you can use the cap bonus to its fullest.

Bonus to experience cap will be as follows:

2 players +10% bonus
3 players +15% bonus
4 players +20% bonus
5 players +25% bonus
6 players +30% bonus
7 players +35% bonus
8 players +40% bonus

There's an important limitation you should know: Only players inside the experience clamp of a group can benefit from the bonus. You notice that clamp if you get the same XP as the highest level player (provided you didn't cap already). As an example a level 41 player grouped with level 50 will benefit from the cap bonus. A level 40 player grouped with level 50 does not get the bonus. As rule of thumb the player should be not lower than -20% of the highest level player in the group. The clamp is calculated by a complicated formula and its wider in lower levels so it isn't really a fixed percentage but you get the idea.

When you get experience beyond the cap you will see it in the experience gain message. Here is an example of a FG:
You receive 8,996,782 experience for adventuring in this area!
You receive 98,964,602 experience! (20,761,804 camp bonus) (23,991,418 over cap)

Darkness Falls access

We decided that Darkness Falls will now remain open for 15 minutes after your realm loses control of the majority of keeps.

World Changes

Please be aware of the following recent world changes:
  1. Beliathan once again spawns.
  2. Battleground mobs will now drop randomly generated objects. Each BG has a 'boss' type mob that can drop additional randomly generated objects of higher stat value.
  3. Mobs in RvR Dungeons (Dodens Gruva, Marfach Caverns, Hall of the Corrupt, Summoners Hall) now drop more appropriate randomly generated items. Additional non-random items have been added as well!
  4. Players can now access a level 50 dummy mob outside the capital cities. These will help test your abilities.
  5. Battleground "Medal of Honor" quests have been updated for the new level ranges.

User Interface Improvements

Players will be able to see their endurance and group mates endurance in the group and minigroup windows.

We are continuing to work on enhancements and look forward to bringing them to you! Until then see you on the battlefield!

Your Uthgard Staff
It's done when it's done. Thanks for your patience.
Every bug gets fixed. Sooner or later.

"It is an inescapable law of nature that the amount of satisfaction one gains from achieving something
is related to how hard it is and easy things can only elicit a fleeting superficial sort of pleasure."

Blue says, "you used macro tools or macro keyboard"
Pala says, "i am disabled. and i have a mechanic left hand that can be programed. its hard to play woith one hand"

[Appeal] Bxxxxxxxx: "why is RA first aid cann man i stealth use and not unstealth cann man ra if man use unstealth ?????????"
BannedUser: "i was not using automate game action my hand was fall on keyboard during i was sleep .... i was completly fall on keyboard ..."

playfull
Myrmidon

Postby playfull » Aug 08, 2017 04:36

i did it again... first

YOLKD
Gryphon Knight

Postby YOLKD » Aug 08, 2017 04:39

Blue wrote:There's an important limitation you should know: Only players inside the experience clamp of a group can benefit from the bonus. You notice that clamp if you get the same XP as the highest level player (provided you didn't cap already). As an example a level 41 player grouped with level 50 will benefit from the cap bonus. A level 40 player grouped with level 50 does not get the bonus. As rule of thumb the player should be not lower than -20% of the highest level player in the group. The clamp is calculated by a complicated formula and its wider in lower levels so it isn't really a fixed percentage but you get the idea.

oO
Koochi made the beta quit.

Ingjard
Warder

Postby Ingjard » Aug 08, 2017 04:58

Awesome!! Thanks for your efforts!!
Joeey - retail
Clicker - Genisis
Clicker Shmoe Falai Ralai Ingjard Joeey -Uthgard 2.0

Aelred
Myrmidon

Postby Aelred » Aug 08, 2017 05:15

Absolutely impeccable changes! Thanks for the great work, devs :)

unincoinco
Warder

Postby unincoinco » Aug 08, 2017 05:16

Sounds good, sadly it will probably take a little while for everyone to realize the changes but yeah when they do, there will probably be way more grouping.

Skewldya
Warder

Postby Skewldya » Aug 08, 2017 05:28

is this now live? Or coming out this week as stated?

YOLKD
Gryphon Knight

Postby YOLKD » Aug 08, 2017 05:37

highest level in group(non 50) is not getting "over cap" message. is this working as intended or bug?
Koochi made the beta quit.

barto22
Phoenix Knight

Postby barto22 » Aug 08, 2017 05:44

Is this real life? Fantastic changes thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My mind’s made up, don’t confuse me with facts.
You mustn't assume that your personal situation is a reflection of every other person that has logged in to Uthgard.

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Aug 08, 2017 06:05

Skewldya wrote:is this now live? Or coming out this week as stated?

It went live slightly before this post went up.

YOLKD wrote:highest level in group(non 50) is not getting "over cap" message. is this working as intended or bug?

That player did not reach cap XP. You can hunt tougher mobs to meet and exceed cap XP

tweedledumb99
Warder

Postby tweedledumb99 » Aug 08, 2017 06:14

This looks great, thanks Uthgard Devs :grin: . Can't wait to try it out.

Hamble.
Hamble (Blademaster)
Hamblepants (Hero)
Nac (naked enchanter/trinket monkey)

Blacksin
Banned

Postby Blacksin » Aug 08, 2017 06:20

Sorry, won't increase the population.
I hope you guys get it someday, until then we wait. :confused:

Alphaone
Myrmidon

Postby Alphaone » Aug 08, 2017 06:24

Blue, you are up late (or early;)! Thanks for the post and all the changes/hard work...should at least make things a bit more interesting for we the diehard Uthgardians. ;)
Last edited by Alphaone on Aug 08, 2017 06:26, edited 1 time in total.

Signus
Gryphon Knight

Postby Signus » Aug 08, 2017 06:25

Blacksin wrote:Sorry, won't increase the population.

For what? These changes are great without radically changed the game from classic Camelot

Moondragon1
Gryphon Knight

Postby Moondragon1 » Aug 08, 2017 06:28

Signus wrote:
Blacksin wrote:Sorry, won't increase the population.

For what? These changes are great without radically changed the game from classic Camelot
They switched the DF entrance timer to a non-1.65 patch level. We are already moving beyond the stated goal of replicating a specific classic patch level.

Sent from my MT2L03 using Tapatalk
[img]src="daoc/sig.php?name=Frostdragon&s=-1 "[/img]
[img]src="daoc/sig.php?name=Moondragon&s=-1 "[/img]
[img]src="daoc/sig.php?name=Moondrake&s=-1 "[/img]

Next

Return to News