Keep Siege and XP Update

Here you can comment on news articles.
Gil
Alerion Knight

Postby Gil » Aug 10, 2017 11:41

Blacksin wrote:I wonder if the GM's are reading all these people posts. Blows my mine how so many people feel the same about Uthgard.
She has so much potential and promise that it is sad that they can't see through the clouds at what a great game this server could be. The horse has been beatin and there's not going to be any changes to help the non grouper, or solo.

Going to be sad seeing the number continually drop. I love daoc, Buy I will miss her. We kinda feel that the GM's want a low population, to not have such a big player base to deal with. it's dropped in to the 200's last night non prime time and I guess it will drop further.

:confused: :cry:

Of course they read these forums. From time to time they make changes based on player feedback as long as the changes don't compromise their vision of a classic DAoC server.
Gil DaTroll - Merlin Zerker | MacDeath - Uth1 Armsman | Gil - Uth2 Zerker | Macdeath - Uth2 Armsman

Alcyon
Eagle Knight

Postby Alcyon » Aug 10, 2017 11:43

innereeza wrote:
Moondragon1 wrote:Wow, sounds like there might have been quite a few players expecting several big changes to the game with this patch and we're disappointed. I have no idea why that would be the case. I think they have been rather clear about their vision for the server.

Oh well.

Sent from my MT2L03 using Tapatalk

What vision is that? A server that still takes forever to level on even with these patches? A server that's more dedicated to PvE than RvR? I feel like we are still in beta. They had 2 years to make a better brand new server but even after 2 years they still just don't get it.

Please elaborate on what we 'do not get'
People coming together as a community can make great things happen.

Plorf
Warder

Postby Plorf » Aug 10, 2017 11:54

I dream of a server that as a vision wants to develop DAOC as it could have been, rather than as it was. User-driven changes based on intelligent polls, ever evolving and improving. Uthgard 2 has a vision that is not supported by the player base, but simply enjoyed a brief popularity for a lack of alternatives. The grind is not fun, but I endured it for a promise of future fun, unfortunately by the time most people could have reached 50 the population was already declining... so they didn't bother. You only invest into a grind if you know there's something coming that makes it worth it. A static server with a poor, narrow vision does not justify a time investment that many people could barely justify.

Plorf
Warder

Postby Plorf » Aug 10, 2017 11:59

Alcyon wrote:
innereeza wrote:
Moondragon1 wrote:Wow, sounds like there might have been quite a few players expecting several big changes to the game with this patch and we're disappointed. I have no idea why that would be the case. I think they have been rather clear about their vision for the server.

Oh well.

Sent from my MT2L03 using Tapatalk

What vision is that? A server that still takes forever to level on even with these patches? A server that's more dedicated to PvE than RvR? I feel like we are still in beta. They had 2 years to make a better brand new server but even after 2 years they still just don't get it.

Please elaborate on what we 'do not get'

Not the OP but from a player's ("customers") perspective it's quite simple: you continue to provide a service that people don't really want, but some continue to use for a lack of alternatives. It's either bad chocolate or no chocolate. Many have given up on chocolate, some continue eating it, but don't particlarly like it, a select few are perfectly happy with it.

But as long as you continue to patronize players by knowing better than them what changes they'd like to see in the product you'll have unhappy players and a declining player base. The potential for Uthgard is huge, but you would have to accept that players have the maturity to know what they would like to play, and to know how they like to spend their time. Time is precious, we all have alternatives to playing DAOC, so please treat our time accordingly.

My message may sound harsh because you've invested all that time into the product, you haven't charged us anything, we're freeloaders. All true, but I hope that in the end we can truly engage with each other and create a product that is loved and supported by the vast majority of the player base.

Previous

Return to News