Battleground Update and more

Here you can comment on news articles.
Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » Jul 07, 2017 04:25

Dear players,

Based on player feedback we want to announce changes intended to increase play options and enjoyment of all on Uthgard. Our vision remains to provide an authentic Dark Age of Camelot experience to players new and old and we are making tweaks that will allow us to deliver our vision while providing an engaging play experience to our players. We remain committed to our vision and will continue to make changes on an as-needed basis. This is part one of two patches we have planned for now.

Changes to Battlegrounds

It was evident amongst players that the battlegrounds are seen as an important feature and experience whilst playing Uthgard in the past. Many players have the perception that leveling up was faster on Uthgard 1 than what they experience now. One reason for that often was that players used BG's to break up time spent leveling, or use the bonus from owning the BG keep. The XP formulas we use are alot more forgiving than on Uthgard 1 and even allow powerleveling by now and still the perception is there.

As you might know player kills give 500% XP compared to PvE kills. That helped to level up and reach the XP cap of a BG. Players who used BG's had an alternative route to level up instead of doing pure PvE. We want to help you with that again.

Therefore we will be introducing the following changes to Uthgards battleground setting:

20-26 R1L5 Abermenai
27-34 R2L0 Thidranki
35-41 R2L6 Murdaigean
42-47 R3L3 Caledonia

The XP reward for a player kill will be increased to 1000%.

You can reach level 48 without being forced to PvE all the time and can have some action in one of our BG's. You can play as long in BG's until you reach the RR cap of R3L3 or exceed level 47.

UPDATE 12/7/2017 00:00 CET - All BGs have been populated with monsters. After the next reboot they will begin dropping loot.

Money for RvR kills

In addition to the Battleground setup change we will introduce a gold reward for RvR kills. The amount of gold will depend on your targets level and will be split evenly the same way as XP is split to all who attacked the target. This income applies to all player kills, so Battlegrounds, Frontiers, RvR Dungeons and Darkness Falls are all included!

Guard respawn

Quite some of you made us aware that the guard respawn in keeps was getting out of hand. We adjusted the algorithm responsible for it. The outcome will be monitored and further adjustments will be made if necessary.

Crafting keeps speed bonus

We believe players should be rewarded for choosing to craft in more dangerous areas. We already implemented a bonus which was only announced in the changelog. We are increasing that from 10% to a +25% craft speed bonus. If you try to craft your MP part or just level up your crafting this can be a big time-saver for you.

The bonus is active for crafting inside of: Dun Crauchon, Caer Benowyc & Bledmeer Faste.

House rent warnings

Another change you might have noticed are the new (intentionally annoying) warning messages when rent is due in the next 24h and the lockbox does not have enough money to pay it. Your Consignment Merchant will still pay the rent - that was not changed. We have added this message to help safeguard against situations where players or guilds have lost their houses due to not having enough money to pay rent.

Following situation led to a problem:
1. The consignment merchant has enough money to pay the rent, which is due in the next several hours
2. No warning is given as the CM has enough to pay rent
3. A player withdraws money from the CM
4. Rent is due
5. Not enough money in CM to pay rent => house gets repossessed

In a later patch we will remove that warning and implement a different system. There will be a small grace period after repossession.

Unique Object Changes and other World Improvements

Our GMs are consistently improving our world. In the coming days and weeks you may notice some camps look a little different. One example of this is Dodens Gruva, where large clumps of monsters have been "thinned". Do not be alarmed -- although there are fewer monsters, they should respawn faster thus providing MORE mobs than before and a better hunting experience if you want to go XP there, rather than waiting for respawns.

Additionally, we recently fixed a bug that limited the maximum possible stats for items for monsters over level 50. What this means is that you can now see items with higher maximum stats. This applies to all newly created objects labeled "Unique Object".

Finally, our GMs are working on itemizing camps in the frontier zones (and BGs!) with more appropriate ROG options -- that is to say, human type mobs may drop weapons, specifically. This will give you a better sense of where you can hunt for a specific type of object in some cases. The last change to mention is that along with these changes the drop rate for unique objects should see an improvement of at least 5% for regular mobs and for named mobs, depending on their difficulty, much more.

Wish you the best,
Your Uthgard staff
It's done when it's done. Thanks for your patience.
Every bug gets fixed. Sooner or later.

"It is an inescapable law of nature that the amount of satisfaction one gains from achieving something
is related to how hard it is and easy things can only elicit a fleeting superficial sort of pleasure."

Blue says, "you used macro tools or macro keyboard"
Pala says, "i am disabled. and i have a mechanic left hand that can be programed. its hard to play woith one hand"

[Appeal] Bxxxxxxxx: "why is RA first aid cann man i stealth use and not unstealth cann man ra if man use unstealth ?????????"
BannedUser: "i was not using automate game action my hand was fall on keyboard during i was sleep .... i was completly fall on keyboard ..."

playfull
Myrmidon

Postby playfull » Jul 07, 2017 04:57

first

will bg's and money from rvr be the savior of uthgard...find out on the next episode

ANY WORD ON ETA of second patch?
Last edited by playfull on Jul 07, 2017 05:07, edited 3 times in total.

Flyguy
Banned

Postby Flyguy » Jul 07, 2017 04:58

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
retired

Octave
INVADER

Postby Octave » Jul 07, 2017 05:21

Sure beats trying to get groups and farm to 50.

YOLKD
Gryphon Knight

Postby YOLKD » Jul 07, 2017 05:45

Thanks for the positive changes. Any specific reason Cale does not go all the way to 49? I am currently 48 and really wish I was able to xp/rvr in a BG. Also I am really looking forward to part 2. I am wishing to be able to solo in emain again as a hib :D. Whether it be a port to keep...dc/bled/beno, or a horse. Hope you guys implement 1 of these 2 things.

Also I am really hoping the next patch increases xp for a group per added group member. People would start inviting others just to fill the group and extra xp for everyone. People would be spamming LFG for any class/level just for the bonus. This would be an amazing addition.
Last edited by YOLKD on Jul 07, 2017 06:29, edited 1 time in total.
Koochi made the beta quit.

bdf
Myrmidon

Postby bdf » Jul 07, 2017 05:56

Blue wrote:Additionally, we recently fixed a bug that limited the maximum possible stats for items for monsters over level 50. What this means is that you can now see items with higher maximum stats. This applies to all newly created objects labeled "Unique Object".

Are you able to provide parameters for ROG utilities? In other words... Will ROG drops always be trash to be used until a template is complete? Or, is your vision of ROG able to included them in templates?

BIG THANK YOU to the staff. Your time and efforts are greatly appreciated!

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Jul 07, 2017 06:02

"Always" is a bit strong. Generally speaking, I'd wager to say few people make the effort to incorporate random objects other than jewelry. Prior to the upcoming changes, a smaller-than-intended number of jewelry pieces were dropping becaus there were more non-jewelry types. Part of the itemization includes placing jewelry caches on appropriate mobs (as well as weapons, armor on others)

With that said, if you were lucky and knew where to hunt ... you could get a ROG armor/weapon piece that has something like 20 more utility than is possible to craft and is MP. Such a piece would be rare, especially with the 'right' combination of stats, but it is possible. People generally would plan to spellcraft around that piece, rather than using reusable 'template'.

FreedomCall
Myrmidon

Postby FreedomCall » Jul 07, 2017 06:12

high-utility unique jewelries could be attractive cuz they don't wear out.
And well... the end of the gray ganking in Frontier? :P
Last edited by FreedomCall on Jul 07, 2017 06:21, edited 1 time in total.

Zabulius77
Myrmidon

Postby Zabulius77 » Jul 07, 2017 06:14

Now this is something I may actually return to check out. I can get my alts to 20 which is relatively easy and is actually a fun set of levels because the grind hasn't set in. Then I will always have some BG roaming to do. As opposed to logging on my 43 toon, who was the highest I had when I quit, and sitting LFG for 45 mins before logging.

burglekutt
Gryphon Knight

Postby burglekutt » Jul 07, 2017 06:35

Port stones would have been nice, but this is a step in the right direction with the gold for rvr kills, thank you.

FreedomCall
Myrmidon

Postby FreedomCall » Jul 07, 2017 06:48

Btw, one question. Will keep take give players rps?
BG keep take doesn't give rps now, but i hope it will after the update, to enhance RvR in BGs.
Last edited by FreedomCall on Jul 07, 2017 07:37, edited 1 time in total.

Sector7G
Warder

Postby Sector7G » Jul 07, 2017 06:58

Nice, more positive changes. Would have liked to see the BG all the way to 49. Please for all that is good and holy, have a bindstone in the BG. Would asking for a Healer too be to much?

Vick
Myrmidon

Postby Vick » Jul 07, 2017 07:09

Great !

If you can send email to all Uth account to announce these chenges, it could be nice :)
Sofely FrenchFlair - Sorceress 7Lx <Sturmklingen>

Synderen
Myrmidon

Postby Synderen » Jul 07, 2017 07:23

Dear Devs.

Thank you for the changes, atleast thats a beginning and im grateful for that.

HOWEVER, making the last BG stop at level 47 so all the AT'ing classes dont have the possibility to enjoy their characters with end spec in BG's.. what a way to screw all the stealthers.. I really hope that you will reconsider the maximum level here and raise it to 48-49.
I dont think the BG's will ever be popular without the bindstone in them. There are absolutely no reason not to have them there, its just a time sink for everyone..

So pleeeeeeease: Raise highest level to 48-49 for caledonia and add a bindstone. You would do your server and the community a big favor.. :roll:

bruts
Myrmidon

Postby bruts » Jul 07, 2017 07:30

I like the higher BGs. Bad luck when u have alreay played your favorite Chars to 50.

edit:
And i dont have enough Charslots to make new Classes for joining BGs. :( :(
Last edited by bruts on Jul 07, 2017 07:43, edited 1 time in total.
-.-

Next

Return to News