Here you can comment on news articles.
idiotron
Warder

Postby idiotron » Jul 08, 2017 02:11

A QoL update? Hello, Uthgard, I'm back!

YOLKD
Gryphon Knight

Postby YOLKD » Jul 08, 2017 16:11

can we get an update if there is any talks/decision to raise the cap of cale to 49 or not? i would like to know before leveling out of the bg :D currently 48 and i am excluded from the bg and excluded from 50 rvr.
Koochi made the beta quit.

Onnit
Warder

Postby Onnit » Jul 08, 2017 16:42

Myself and 3-4 guildees are currently L48 -49, I feel we've been ****** over by the change now as all will be expect 3l4 to join 8mans so you have left all toons in this level range in limbo we have to miss out on all the fun too, please act quick and change cap to 49 as many people have already requested, oh and exp boost would be good.

Thanks for running the server had loads of fun here

Liss
Eagle Knight

Postby Liss » Jul 08, 2017 17:16

This is probably not be a popular request, but I will elaborate.

Drop max level of BG from 47 to 46!

Back on old Uth we had an own breed of people who never got above 4l2.
These guys did reroll characters for the lvl 49 bg, and very often was there a lot more people in this bg, then there were in regular frontiers. This was not healthy, and it just ment that those 'hardcore' rvr groups just got higher and higher rr, and noone ever caught up, because they refused to go out, with the excuse that there were only high rr groups running.

There will always be those groups, but there will also be other groups, unless they decide to huddle up in the bgs.
If noone dare to come out blaming the high rr groups, then that means noone else will either, and when someone finally take the step outside they will only fight these high rr groups, because everyone else is in the bg.
Looking at the current rvr streams you could run an entire evening, and only run into the impossible high rr group a couple of times if you wanted to. Now the more normal rr groups there are out there, the less time you will have to face these monsters.

Why do I mention 46?
The answer to that is simple. Alchemy!
The battlegrounds were never ment to replace endgame rvr, but on old uth they did. (I even knew lvl 49 bg people who had more expensive templates then r10 people!)
The jump from 49 to 50 was not very big, so their characters pretty much had everything they would have had at 50, with no major sacrifices. A big issue with this, and the tajendi cloak, is that we had fully buffed assassins running around in there as if it was endgame.

This old breed of bg only rerollers will be resurrected again if we stick with 47. We will have assassins who at to 44, then make sure to respec before they hit 48, and we will see a big part of the potential rvr people never reaching 50.
If we were to cap the last bg at 46 instead of 47, we would remove a very big insentive for this breed of people.
The difference before, and after you can use endgame alchemy is very big.

If endgame alchemy is allowed inside the bgs, I fear we will repeat old Uthgards sad history of Thidranki.
The bgs will be used as a substitute for the regular frontiers, and since your character is pretty much just as strong, but you face lower ranked enemies, there will be many who find this more tempting then ever to enter the regular frontiers.
A battleground is suppose to be a stepping stone toward the endgame, it is not suppose to be the endgame!

(Note: Thanks for stoping Murdaigean at 41, as having access to slam or not is a gamechanger as well.)

barto22
Phoenix Knight

Postby barto22 » Jul 08, 2017 18:47

Liss wrote:This is probably not be a popular request, but I will elaborate.

Drop max level of BG from 47 to 46!

Back on old Uth we had an own breed of people who never got above 4l2.
These guys did reroll characters for the lvl 49 bg, and very often was there a lot more people in this bg, then there were in regular frontiers. This was not healthy, and it just ment that those 'hardcore' rvr groups just got higher and higher rr, and noone ever caught up, because they refused to go out, with the excuse that there were only high rr groups running.

There will always be those groups, but there will also be other groups, unless they decide to huddle up in the bgs.
If noone dare to come out blaming the high rr groups, then that means noone else will either, and when someone finally take the step outside they will only fight these high rr groups, because everyone else is in the bg.
Looking at the current rvr streams you could run an entire evening, and only run into the impossible high rr group a couple of times if you wanted to. Now the more normal rr groups there are out there, the less time you will have to face these monsters.

Why do I mention 46?
The answer to that is simple. Alchemy!
The battlegrounds were never ment to replace endgame rvr, but on old uth they did. (I even knew lvl 49 bg people who had more expensive templates then r10 people!)
The jump from 49 to 50 was not very big, so their characters pretty much had everything they would have had at 50, with no major sacrifices. A big issue with this, and the tajendi cloak, is that we had fully buffed assassins running around in there as if it was endgame.

This old breed of bg only rerollers will be resurrected again if we stick with 47. We will have assassins who at to 44, then make sure to respec before they hit 48, and we will see a big part of the potential rvr people never reaching 50.
If we were to cap the last bg at 46 instead of 47, we would remove a very big insentive for this breed of people.
The difference before, and after you can use endgame alchemy is very big.

If endgame alchemy is allowed inside the bgs, I fear we will repeat old Uthgards sad history of Thidranki.
The bgs will be used as a substitute for the regular frontiers, and since your character is pretty much just as strong, but you face lower ranked enemies, there will be many who find this more tempting then ever to enter the regular frontiers.
A battleground is suppose to be a stepping stone toward the endgame, it is not suppose to be the endgame!

(Note: Thanks for stoping Murdaigean at 41, as having access to slam or not is a gamechanger as well.)

Uth thidranki was fun, more so than OF here on uth2. Also, why can BG not be somebody's endgame? Why do we need to be shepherded to 50 to then lose out on fun? Seems like a backwards philosophy to me.
My mind’s made up, don’t confuse me with facts.
You mustn't assume that your personal situation is a reflection of every other person that has logged in to Uthgard.

doubledots
Warder

Postby doubledots » Jul 08, 2017 19:02

Me and my wife will BG only. The power gap is much smaller in BGs compared to 50 RR. So for casuals it is 10x more fun.

Power gamers sorry but you will have less sheep to slaughter now... Guess the RR7+ types will have to just kill each other....lol have fun I am off to BG to have balanced casual fun.

Liss
Eagle Knight

Postby Liss » Jul 08, 2017 20:06

barto22 wrote:...
Also, why can BG not be somebody's endgame? Why do we need to be shepherded to 50 to then lose out on fun? Seems like a backwards philosophy to me.

Who is to say level 24 bg is not endgame for someone?

Why would 46 be any different then 47 in that regard?
If it was 46 then there would be a clear goal to strive for to reach higher, since access to endgame alchemy is so big.

doubledots wrote:...
The power gap is much smaller in BGs compared to 50 RR.

I would not say that.
A casual player is one who does not have full cap spellcrafted gear.
How long do you think that will last?
The gap between non-sc to sc, is a lot bigger then r5 to r7+.

doubledots
Warder

Postby doubledots » Jul 08, 2017 20:14

Liss wrote:
barto22 wrote:...
Also, why can BG not be somebody's endgame? Why do we need to be shepherded to 50 to then lose out on fun? Seems like a backwards philosophy to me.

Who is to say level 24 bg is not endgame for someone?

Why would 46 be any different then 47 in that regard?
If it was 46 then there would be a clear goal to strive for to reach higher, since access to endgame alchemy is so big.

doubledots wrote:...
The power gap is much smaller in BGs compared to 50 RR.

I would not say that.
A casual player is one who does not have full cap spellcrafted gear.
How long do you think that will last?
The gap between non-sc to sc, is a lot bigger then r5 to r7+.

Lol casuals have sc gear. We just don't have the 5 to 6 hours a day it takes to hit 50 then try and get rr 5.

On live molvik is super busy because people know that they won't be facing rr 15 players. IE more fun and more balanced. So go to your wolf on sheep 50 rvr.... Ill stay where its fair and fun.

Kloog
Warder

Postby Kloog » Jul 08, 2017 22:14

Vick wrote:Great !

If you can send email to all Uth account to announce these chenges, it could be nice :)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ 111111111111
Kloog Arkanz
<DarkDawn>

YouTube Channel : http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQowNtdz0KYCWWCuQ3Prdfg

Fakkel
Warder

Postby Fakkel » Jul 08, 2017 22:44

Abydos wrote:"Always" is a bit strong. Generally speaking, I'd wager to say few people make the effort to incorporate random objects other than jewelry. Prior to the upcoming changes, a smaller-than-intended number of jewelry pieces were dropping becaus there were more non-jewelry types. Part of the itemization includes placing jewelry caches on appropriate mobs (as well as weapons, armor on others)

With that said, if you were lucky and knew where to hunt ... you could get a ROG armor/weapon piece that has something like 20 more utility than is possible to craft and is MP. Such a piece would be rare, especially with the 'right' combination of stats, but it is possible. People generally would plan to spellcraft around that piece, rather than using reusable 'template'.

Well not really.. If there is no procs i wouldent atleast. Can you get charges on the rog stuff and procs ?

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Jul 08, 2017 22:55

Fakkel wrote:
Abydos wrote:"Always" is a bit strong. Generally speaking, I'd wager to say few people make the effort to incorporate random objects other than jewelry. Prior to the upcoming changes, a smaller-than-intended number of jewelry pieces were dropping becaus there were more non-jewelry types. Part of the itemization includes placing jewelry caches on appropriate mobs (as well as weapons, armor on others)

With that said, if you were lucky and knew where to hunt ... you could get a ROG armor/weapon piece that has something like 20 more utility than is possible to craft and is MP. Such a piece would be rare, especially with the 'right' combination of stats, but it is possible. People generally would plan to spellcraft around that piece, rather than using reusable 'template'.

Well not really.. If there is no procs i wouldent atleast. Can you get charges on the rog stuff and procs ?

No, but not everyone needs them on their first set. Min-max is not life :)

Budikah
Phoenix Knight

Postby Budikah » Jul 08, 2017 23:27

Abydos wrote:
Fakkel wrote:

No, but not everyone needs them on their first set. Min-max is not life :)
I just can't see people desiring items that can't be replaced and don't have basic procs on them at least. Jewelry and accessories - yes, but armor and weapons? It's likely an extremely small minority of people will use these while leveling which is nice. It's good as part of the bigger picture I suppose in making frontier PvE attractive. I'd use them, but with how hard it is to find spellcraft during my playtime I'd likely just happily use them as a hodgepodge set.

MinMax largely is life for many people in the game. If you aren't templated, many groups will put you last in line to be picked. It's just how games end up after 15 years when almost everything can be quanitified.

A custom change to make ROGs more appealing (all item types) for templates would be nice, alas it's just another fairy tale wish. Ie : increased longevity, being able to repair their overall condition for a very hefty sum, being able to stick a alchemist proc on them would be a step up.
Satanic Panic - Cleric
Budikah - Cabalist
Leader of Primordial Guild / Alliance
Primordial Discord ---> https://discord.gg/Fa85ptj

Njor
Eagle Knight

Postby Njor » Jul 09, 2017 04:05

Budikah wrote:...
MinMax largely is life for many people in the game. If you aren't templated, many groups will put you last in line to be picked. It's just how games end up after 15 years when almost everything can be quanitified.

Slightly out of context but still, that mindset is a very valid reason why DAoC/Uthgard will not be attractive to new/young/casual players longterm.
And that mindset, if truly as prevalent as stated, is a player problem.

P.S. and thanks for the changes Uthgard!
Last edited by Njor on Jul 09, 2017 07:06, edited 1 time in total.

Salidor
Eagle Knight

Postby Salidor » Jul 09, 2017 04:14

Thank you for all the new fixes touches to the server ^^

Please consider the last BG lv 49. for many reasons most of the people playing the server stated above.

I'm one of those that is ATing my 2ndary char. and been mainly Solo Grinding him ( due to time zone issues )
having one last BG to help me reach lv 50 would be a wonderful break from the Grind going to 50. And also i just hit lv 48 just 2 days before this post lol /cry.

but again thank you for the new touches. :+)

Cratemesy
Gryphon Knight

Postby Cratemesy » Jul 09, 2017 04:17

Genjiro wrote:
Tree wrote:
Blue wrote:Crafting keeps speed bonus

We believe players should be rewarded for choosing to craft in more dangerous areas. We already implemented a bonus which was only announced in the changelog. We are increasing that from 10% to a +25% craft speed bonus. If you try to craft your MP part or just level up your crafting this can be a big time-saver for you.

The bonus is active for crafting inside of: Dun Crauchon, Caer Benowyc & Bledmeer Faste.

Forgot that earlier, but wanted to focus some attention to this.
You still think getting players into the frontier by any means possible makes RvR more interesting and benefits the game.

It does not.

Please get this. If you implement bonuses for crafting or XP you will not get more quality RvR, you will get more ganking and more RP farming. If you are on the receiving end of this you will not have a quality gaming experience. Which leaves you with the choice of either doing your XPing and crafting in the homezone with a severe disadvantage over players accepting this ordeal or... well... just leaving Uthgard for another game that rewards fun gameplay.
Also please consider that a lot of players dont play DAoC primarily for RvR (espacially not all the time), some actually enjoy the laid back PvE and clickfest grindy stupid crafting it offers. Dont try to push those people in an RvR they dont want (at the time)

The idea is to give the former crafting keeps another meaning since materials are now also available in the main cities.
Why travel to the crafting keeps at all if you can buy everything in the safe city?

They always enable crafting during RvR without the need to port back.

Now, if you want the an additional 25% crafting speed you will have to risk traveling the frontiers.
If you are ok with the normal crafting speed, stay in the cities.

but it might be hard to get to bledmeer as a berserker with 4min hastener, agree?

PreviousNext

Return to News