Change is in the air

Here you can comment on news articles.
mickle87
Myrmidon

Postby mickle87 » May 25, 2017 06:00

jdw wrote:I agree, buff pots should be all or nothing, in or out. At the moment they're ineffective and make some support classes less needed. I'd love to run without them but the one time I don't use them I will lose to someone using them, this FORCES me to use potions which suck! Something needs to change right?

I personally think there shouldnt be pots in the game.

I can understand procs, thats fine imo.

For example, the hurt of a ranger vs stealther is too out class.

In Uth 1.0 rangers on their buff specs got 1.25x buff value and it was higher (higher than pots). Now it is my understanding they have put the value below pots above these buffs (at their highest level), so in a lot of cases in say PF/ BM/ whatever scouts have, you are still going to be rolled by someone who is using pots, which then make the spec a little silly if you want to be the best.

Then the only way you can be the best is by spending a ton of $$.

So add $$ gathering to the 4-6 months it takes you to get a stealther to 50, so you'll need a farm class...so another 2-6 months. So a potentially a year before you can be at the top of the top and focus on rvr.....comon devs....this isnt rocket science to see the problem here.

jecs110
Warder

Postby jecs110 » May 26, 2017 23:33

Plorf wrote:
whiskeywes wrote:
Faltain wrote:If Battlegrounds get some fixes to encourage people to bother with them...
Good list of changes though for the most part Uthgard Devs!

I would love to see some QoL edits to BGs. BGs were my main source of action and fun for a lot of my life on live. They're an easy way to get into RvR fast, the templating is SIGNIFICANTLY easier and they're loads of fun.

IMO, some little changes such as: respawning at CK, xp/rp off and incentivizing XP could breath some life into what is now a mostly dead facet of the game. In my mind, DAoC was always about the RvR, and right now people are thirsty for something outside of 8v8 or Farming XPers. Any sort of change that brings about more action, and less PvE farming, can only be a step in the right direction.

Fully agreed, I don't even think /rp or /xp are necessary - just make it a good alternative to exp in instead of pve. Action will come inevitably if there are always some expers in every BG just because it's faster. More exp per kill would help a lot too.

Like I said earlier, BG from lvl 5 to 49 every 5 levels, bind in keep.

Oh and re barrels: I fully agree with the devs here, that's a change I really don't want to happen. Stealthers are buffed enough already, no need to make it easier for them.

as a casual player my self, bgs was one of the things that made DAoC so fun to play. it was basically a place to go take a break from the xp grind and its one of the few places were rvr felt "fair". sure there would be guild groups and stuff, but you wouldnt bump into any people super higher realm rank than you, and most of the game changing RAs are mostly unavailable. anywho, it was good till u hit 35 then its like, welp enjoy the grind. i no longer had a place to go take break from xping, and 35 to 50 is the worst. Bet this also contributed to how we lost 3000 unique players.

laycie13
Myrmidon

Postby laycie13 » May 27, 2017 01:00

Same, I'm mostly casual now and the lack of decent bg's for a break is one of the main reasons I spend more of my free time at the bar than playing daoc. ;)

plastek
Guardian

Postby plastek » May 27, 2017 21:40

WOW these changes are awesome ... the LFG chat is sooooo needed ty DEVS

somenob
Myrmidon

Postby somenob » May 27, 2017 22:09

laycie13 wrote:Same, I'm mostly casual now and the lack of decent bg's for a break is one of the main reasons I spend more of my free time at the bar than playing daoc. ;)

Your liver would chose DAOC.

Lyd
Warder

Postby Lyd » May 28, 2017 11:55

The lack of action in the BGs is something you DEVs should work on.
Any news regarding SI? :P

Kaziera
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kaziera » May 29, 2017 02:14

Its good that the bgs are empty. More ppl in rvr and pve then for more action.

Previous

Return to News