Change is in the air

Here you can comment on news articles.
silenced
Phoenix Knight

Postby silenced » May 21, 2017 06:20

ôÔ

The eng is nigh!

Well done, why did it take so long? Now it's at a time where I have to say: Sorry, don't welcome the change! ;)

I had to, sorry. =)
Albion Forever!

jecs110
Warder

Postby jecs110 » May 21, 2017 09:52

Alcyon wrote:Brand new LFG channel

Some of you may have noticed that we have introduced a new LFG channel to the server and we have seen some very positive feedback on the feature with players seemingly able to find groups easier. There were complaints in the past that finding groups is a problem so our hopes are that this is the right tool to help you to get into groups or build up groups more easily.

Players can use (example): /lfg Level 50 BM for RvR / 24 Mentalist Exp - this message will be relayed to the LFG channel.

That message is by default visible to all players in +-10 levels range. However, players may adjust this by using the following commands:

/lfg see50 - Allows players to see LFG messages from level 50 characters.
/lfg seeall - Allows players to see LFG messages from players of all level ranges.

The command has a seven-minute cooldown to lower continuous spam.

An important thing to note: Only messages to build or find groups are allowed in the LFG channel! If /lfg is misused we will remove the ability from your account. Do not use the channel to spread RvR information. Players may use the feature however in the context of 'Group looking for Healer for RVR' for example.

If your LFG privilege has already been revoked due to misuse, it will be restored. Players must remember that we will continue to heavily moderate any misuse of the LFG channel.

This shouldve been implemented since day 1. Kinda late now.

Gil
Alerion Knight

Postby Gil » May 21, 2017 10:10

jecs110 wrote:
Alcyon wrote:Brand new LFG channel

Some of you may have noticed that we have introduced a new LFG channel to the server and we have seen some very positive feedback on the feature with players seemingly able to find groups easier. There were complaints in the past that finding groups is a problem so our hopes are that this is the right tool to help you to get into groups or build up groups more easily.

Players can use (example): /lfg Level 50 BM for RvR / 24 Mentalist Exp - this message will be relayed to the LFG channel.

That message is by default visible to all players in +-10 levels range. However, players may adjust this by using the following commands:

/lfg see50 - Allows players to see LFG messages from level 50 characters.
/lfg seeall - Allows players to see LFG messages from players of all level ranges.

The command has a seven-minute cooldown to lower continuous spam.

An important thing to note: Only messages to build or find groups are allowed in the LFG channel! If /lfg is misused we will remove the ability from your account. Do not use the channel to spread RvR information. Players may use the feature however in the context of 'Group looking for Healer for RVR' for example.

If your LFG privilege has already been revoked due to misuse, it will be restored. Players must remember that we will continue to heavily moderate any misuse of the LFG channel.

This shouldve been implemented since day 1. Kinda late now.

It's never too late to help the server. Sure it's too late for SOME former players but it helps new players who just now found this server.
Last edited by Gil on May 21, 2017 15:28, edited 1 time in total.
Gil DaTroll - Merlin Zerker | MacDeath - Uth1 Armsman | Gil - Uth2 Zerker | Macdeath - Uth2 Armsman

barto22
Phoenix Knight

Postby barto22 » May 21, 2017 14:25

Gil wrote:It's never too late. Sure it's too late...

:lol:
My mind’s made up, don’t confuse me with facts.
You mustn't assume that your personal situation is a reflection of every other person that has logged in to Uthgard.

vangonaj
Alerion Knight

Postby vangonaj » May 21, 2017 14:35

Abydos wrote:
Kiruto wrote:Nice but i'm still not coming back now ...

Waiting others custom changes : barrels and real /map with yellow dot

Gooj job staff

Barrels/bottles will never return.

Never say never. ^^

Plorf
Warder

Postby Plorf » May 21, 2017 15:47

whiskeywes wrote:
Faltain wrote:If Battlegrounds get some fixes to encourage people to bother with them...
Good list of changes though for the most part Uthgard Devs!

I would love to see some QoL edits to BGs. BGs were my main source of action and fun for a lot of my life on live. They're an easy way to get into RvR fast, the templating is SIGNIFICANTLY easier and they're loads of fun.

IMO, some little changes such as: respawning at CK, xp/rp off and incentivizing XP could breath some life into what is now a mostly dead facet of the game. In my mind, DAoC was always about the RvR, and right now people are thirsty for something outside of 8v8 or Farming XPers. Any sort of change that brings about more action, and less PvE farming, can only be a step in the right direction.

Fully agreed, I don't even think /rp or /xp are necessary - just make it a good alternative to exp in instead of pve. Action will come inevitably if there are always some expers in every BG just because it's faster. More exp per kill would help a lot too.

Like I said earlier, BG from lvl 5 to 49 every 5 levels, bind in keep.

Oh and re barrels: I fully agree with the devs here, that's a change I really don't want to happen. Stealthers are buffed enough already, no need to make it easier for them.

burglekutt
Gryphon Knight

Postby burglekutt » May 22, 2017 01:49

I appreciate the staff making changes to help with qol issues but ever since the xp bonus in frontiers hibernia has been a constant gank fest. There's a steady supply of minstrels/skalds/alb and mid stealths that are harassing grey players pretty much constantly. I would argue that it's way harder to get xp in frontiers now than it was before. So I do appreciate them trying to make some changes but this one actually kinda hurts and I wish they woulda just left the xp bonus the same, or increase xp 10% in mainland since I basically can't get any xp in frontiers due to the constant ganks. Thank you regardless for trying to help with changes.

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » May 22, 2017 01:58

vangonaj wrote:
Abydos wrote:Barrels/bottles will never return.

Never say never. ^^

In this case, never means never. You will never see a return of bottles/barrels.

otinanai
Warder

Postby otinanai » May 22, 2017 05:30

Abydos wrote:
vangonaj wrote:

Never say never. ^^

In this case, never means never. You will never see a return of bottles/barrels.

As a soloer i think i prefer it this way. Spamming buff pots and charges every 2-3 min to stay competitive was super annoying in uth 1. Glad to see you guys are not caving on that issue.

Sent from my CUBOT_NOTE_S using Tapatalk

Makish
Gryphon Knight

Postby Makish » May 22, 2017 09:16

Abydos wrote:
vangonaj wrote:

Never say never. ^^

call em what you want, but make em happen! ;P
Ololofeld - BD - Lyo/Mid

JackPriest
Myrmidon

Postby JackPriest » May 22, 2017 11:29

Hello all,

i would also like to see improvements for BG's especially for 20-25, 30-35 and 45-49.
I think that are the most frequented BG's on Live and Uth 1.0.

Sadly we'll never see /xp/rp off again, so we have to wipe on max lvl 100 times again and again until we reach rp cap... and then delete and exp up again....

Is there any BG Action or Bonus in them ? I miss the good old Braemar and Molvik days

Vick
Myrmidon

Postby Vick » May 22, 2017 12:40

I dont know how was the server when he was launched but i am à new player here and ig s a réal pleasure.
Many ppl, easy to find a group, ppl always answer when we hate sole questions :)

I hope it will continue like this !
Sofely FrenchFlair - Sorceress 7Lx <Sturmklingen>

Severian
Gryphon Knight

Postby Severian » May 22, 2017 17:31

jdw wrote:Great changes staff, congrats.

next step, increase endo range on pallys to 1500, why hasn't this happened yet?

If you did that it would remove the need for stupid endo over time potions all together (which i'm pretty sure are not 1.65, right?)

Also increase the range for Shaman endo to 1500 as well then. Thank you! :roll:
Severian, RR5 Skald
Sacrament, RR4 Healer
Darkcircle, RR4 RM

djibouti
Myrmidon

Postby djibouti » May 22, 2017 17:48

It's all I wanted. Thank you guys. Great changes.

jdw
Warder

Postby jdw » May 22, 2017 19:44

[/quote="otinanai"]In this case, never means never. You will never see a return of bottles/barrels.[/quote]
As a soloer i think i prefer it this way. Spamming buff pots and charges every 2-3 min to stay competitive was super annoying in uth 1. Glad to see you guys are not caving on that issue.

Sent from my CUBOT_NOTE_S using Tapatalk[/quote]

Yea right now is waaay better... you still run full potions and use them at the same rate, but now you get to clog your whole inventory full of potions with single charges that last a whole 10 minutes. Then after you run out super quick you get to stop rvring (best part here) and go buy more which is just delightful with this games fantastic ui!

Edit: someone help me out with this quote thing.. i think you get what i'm trying to say.. make it harder for soloers plz! :gaga:

PreviousNext

Return to News