Change is in the air

Here you can comment on news articles.
otinanai
Warder

Postby otinanai » May 22, 2017 22:32

jdw wrote:
Yea right now is waaay better... you still run full potions and use them at the same rate, but now you get to clog your whole inventory full of potions with single charges that last a whole 10 minutes. Then after you run out super quick you get to stop rvring (best part here) and go buy more which is just delightful with this games fantastic ui!

Edit: someone help me out with this quote thing.. i think you get what i'm trying to say.. make it harder for soloers plz! :gaga:

nobody keeps up full buffs 100% of the time now or you run out of buff pots after 30-40 min. with barrels it would be REQUIRED to have buffs up all the time if you want to be competitive

jdw
Warder

Postby jdw » May 23, 2017 04:54

otinanai wrote:
jdw wrote:
Yea right now is waaay better... you still run full potions and use them at the same rate, but now you get to clog your whole inventory full of potions with single charges that last a whole 10 minutes. Then after you run out super quick you get to stop rvring (best part here) and go buy more which is just delightful with this games fantastic ui!

Edit: someone help me out with this quote thing.. i think you get what i'm trying to say.. make it harder for soloers plz! :gaga:

nobody keeps up full buffs 100% of the time now or you run out of buff pots after 30-40 min. with barrels it would be REQUIRED to have buffs up all the time if you want to be competitive

so what do you do now? so you just randomly select 1 potion to use every once in a while and go without the rest of the buffs? or do you find an enemy then chug all your potions while you both agree not to attack each other?

i think buff potions are cool and everything but when you implement something half-assed it just doesn't work

Moondragon1
Gryphon Knight

Postby Moondragon1 » May 23, 2017 05:09

Abydos wrote:
vangonaj wrote:
Abydos wrote:Barrels/bottles will never return.

Never say never. ^^

In this case, never means never. You will never see a return of bottles/barrels.

Jus had a crazy idea. What about a separate bag, like the quiver, that holds lots and lots of individual potions? So, there are no barrels, but inventory management becomes easier because the separate bag can hold a hundred individual potions.

It would be a rather ingenious compromise.

Sent from my MT2L03 using Tapatalk
[img]src="daoc/sig.php?name=Frostdragon&s=-1 "[/img]
[img]src="daoc/sig.php?name=Moondragon&s=-1 "[/img]
[img]src="daoc/sig.php?name=Moondrake&s=-1 "[/img]

Gil
Alerion Knight

Postby Gil » May 23, 2017 10:59

Moondragon1 wrote:Jus had a crazy idea. What about a separate bag, like the quiver, that holds lots and lots of individual potions? So, there are no barrels, but inventory management becomes easier because the separate bag can hold a hundred individual potions.

It would be a rather ingenious compromise.

Sent from my MT2L03 using Tapatalk

It wouldn't be a compromise at all. It would a different label for a barrel.
Gil DaTroll - Merlin Zerker | MacDeath - Uth1 Armsman | Gil - Uth2 Zerker | Macdeath - Uth2 Armsman

Gokex
Warder

Postby Gokex » May 23, 2017 16:45

jdw wrote:so what do you do now? so you just randomly select 1 potion to use every once in a while and go without the rest of the buffs? or do you find an enemy then chug all your potions while you both agree not to attack each other?

What you seem to not understand is that perma-buff-pots will imbalance the game by reducing the need for buff classes.

This is why they do not belong.

If you want buffs, get a friend with buffs. If you insist on being solo, then you have to use your brain and actually think about when you get to have buffs, because your class isn't designed and balanced to be running around solo with full buffs 24/7.
<Neartmhor>

laycie13
Myrmidon

Postby laycie13 » May 23, 2017 18:34

Gokex wrote:
jdw wrote:so what do you do now? so you just randomly select 1 potion to use every once in a while and go without the rest of the buffs? or do you find an enemy then chug all your potions while you both agree not to attack each other?

What you seem to not understand is that perma-buff-pots will imbalance the game by reducing the need for buff classes.

This is why they do not belong.

If you want buffs, get a friend with buffs. If you insist on being solo, then you have to use your brain and actually think about when you get to have buffs, because your class isn't designed and balanced to be running around solo with full buffs 24/7.

I always see this argument about pots would imbalance the game by reducing the need for buff classes. Obviously anyone who chooses to play stealth or run solo has 0 dependency on any buff class to start with plain and simple.

If you had access to 4 hours of base buff pots would you not invite a cleric, druid, bard, healer or shaman to your 8man ? Base buff pots are not even close to their buffs or is it Because with 4 hours of base pot buffs you wont need heals, roots, snares, dots, diseases, end regen, res, cure disease, stuns, mes, speed, insta interupts?

Pardon me if I sound ignorant to the plight that base buff pots cause for these classes.

Gokex
Warder

Postby Gokex » May 23, 2017 21:30

laycie13 wrote:
I always see this argument about pots would imbalance the game by reducing the need for buff classes. Obviously anyone who chooses to play stealth or run solo has 0 dependency on any buff class to start with plain and simple.

If you had access to 4 hours of base buff pots would you not invite a cleric, druid, bard, healer or shaman to your 8man ? Base buff pots are not even close to their buffs or is it Because with 4 hours of base pot buffs you wont need heals, roots, snares, dots, diseases, end regen, res, cure disease, stuns, mes, speed, insta interupts?

Pardon me if I sound ignorant to the plight that base buff pots cause for these classes.

The solo stealthers bit is covered by the second part of my reply - solo stealthers were not designed and balanced to be played fully buffed 24/7. If they all were, then they all would have self buffs like the Ranger. Giving them 24/7 buffs breaks the balance (as it is).
<Neartmhor>

Djisaz
Warder

Postby Djisaz » May 23, 2017 23:20

@devs

do u think it might be possible to bring something like Shift+Click to transfer items from your inventory to vaults and vice versa?

its just a pain in the ass to transfer every single pot/crafting stuff/drops/whatever with drag-click and drop-click.
i know it would be costum but i would love to see it (QoL).

Thanks btw for the previous changes.

laycie13
Myrmidon

Postby laycie13 » May 24, 2017 01:40

Gokex wrote:
laycie13 wrote:

The solo stealthers bit is covered by the second part of my reply - solo stealthers were not designed and balanced to be played fully buffed 24/7. If they all were, then they all would have self buffs like the Ranger. Giving them 24/7 buffs breaks the balance (as it is).

I wasn't calling out solo stealthers , but any class who want's to solo, and any solo no matter the class who has base buffs is not going to detract from the appeal of a class who can do any of the things I mentioned above.. not one .. at all... As well as infinite base buffs from pots will not take away from any of the '' buff classes'' appeal for groups, as they can do all the above mentioned things besides well... buff...

they play many roles other than offering

su·pe·ri·or
səˈpirēər
adjective
higher in rank, status, or quality.

buffs that pots provide, including well... everything i mentioned above....

So again how do base pot buffs make any class who can buff obsolete?

Gokex
Warder

Postby Gokex » May 24, 2017 05:25

laycie13 wrote:So again how do base pot buffs make any class who can buff obsolete?

If you don't think people will run fewer buff classes in their 8 mans with perma-pots, fine, I'm not going to try to convince you.

My point about imbalancing solo play by allowing ALL classes to run solo with full buffs stands, and is sufficient.
<Neartmhor>

somenob
Myrmidon

Postby somenob » May 24, 2017 19:55

laycie13 wrote:So again how do base pot buffs make any class who can buff obsolete?

Another reason to not have that:

If you are supposed to have something 24/7 it's included in your base stats. While I'm all for reasonable customization, giving something semi-permanent is like changing class stats, which requires lots of work for rebalancing. Even if devs were willing to forget about 1.65, they would probably had more important stuff to do than rebalance everything to fit in perma-buffs.

laycie13
Myrmidon

Postby laycie13 » May 25, 2017 00:54

perma-buffs was in relation to stackable buff pots, nothing that needs much work. Either way im fine with it, my point is it wouldnt make those classes irrelevant.

De_Kus
Myrmidon

Postby De_Kus » May 25, 2017 01:34

Gokex wrote:If you don't think people will run fewer buff classes in their 8 mans with perma-pots, fine, I'm not going to try to convince you.

My point about imbalancing solo play by allowing ALL classes to run solo with full buffs stands, and is sufficient.

My counter argument would be: Why not have everyone solo have without any buffs?
I'd go so far and suggest to remove everything but blue pom, d/q, s/c and endo buffs from the buff potion list. Having only 3 buffs on "mandatory buff list" would also reduce the required space for solo and small mans and also reduce the difference between unbuffed and pot buffed.
De Kus
<Krieger Asgards> PO Teldachk, Ailind
Love hurts, love strengthens...

Gokex
Warder

Postby Gokex » May 25, 2017 02:11

De_Kus wrote:
Gokex wrote:If you don't think people will run fewer buff classes in their 8 mans with perma-pots, fine, I'm not going to try to convince you.

My counter argument would be: Why not have everyone solo have without any buffs?
I'd go so far and suggest to remove everything but blue pom, d/q, s/c and endo buffs from the buff potion list. Having only 3 buffs on "mandatory buff list" would also reduce the required space for solo and small mans and also reduce the difference between unbuffed and pot buffed.

I wouldn't be opposed to buff pots in general being reduced/eliminated, but I don't expect we'd ever see that so I won't be pushing for it.
<Neartmhor>

jdw
Warder

Postby jdw » May 25, 2017 05:20

I agree, buff pots should be all or nothing, in or out. At the moment they're ineffective and make some support classes less needed. I'd love to run without them but the one time I don't use them I will lose to someone using them, this FORCES me to use potions which suck! Something needs to change right?

PreviousNext

Return to News