April News and Easter EXP Bonus!

Here you can comment on news articles.
Alcyon
Eagle Knight

Postby Alcyon » Apr 11, 2017 20:23

Dear Players,

First and foremost we would like to acknowledge and apologise for our lack of news posts over the past couple of months. This has been due to a variety of different factors but primarily the cause of this has been staff absences. However, we are delighted to bring you back up to date and inform you of some changes to Uthgard and also a bonus for you all to celebrate over the Easter weekend!

It has now been twelve weeks since Uthgard officially relaunched and we have been extremely proud and excited by player progression in game during this time. As things stand we have currently reached 5905 level 50 characters and many legendary crafters across the realms! The amount of time players are investing in Uthgard is extremely rewarding to see and we look forward to more of you achieving your ambitions on the server; whether that be achieving maximum level, reaching legendary status on a crafter or the continued progression of your characters realm rank.

Communication and Bug fixes

There have been issues recently regarding lag with the server, we are doing our best to resolve this issue so that no player will experience any problems whilst playing. We are continually applying fixes to bugs that are reported to the issue tracker and still very much encourage players to report bugs there! We are aware of some important bugs that still need fixing and we ask for players continued patience during this time so that we may continue to improve Uthgard for now and the future.

We are currently seeking ways to continually improve our communication with players, this has lead to some discussions internally within the staff and we will look to provide players with more information regarding this once decisions have been finalised and made. In the meantime please remember to send any questions you may have to Trishin that may feature in our grab bag which we hope to return to you soon!

The Frontiers

In the early stages of Uthgard we saw Midgard take the initiative and seize control of keeps and Darkness Falls. However, within the last months we have seen the realms of Albion and Hibernia begin to further impose their presence in the frontiers and the war for domination in the frontiers between the realms has well and truly begun!

We have seen the relics change hands numerous times and at one point had over 800 players competing in one zones with all out war between the realms. We are aware that there were some performance issues and we would like to apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. We hope to continue to provide you with the smoothest experience possible especially during large relic raids. For now we hope to see you all continually fighting for your realms glory in the frontiers.

Battleground EXP bonuses

We have decided to introduce exp bonuses to the battlegrounds to match those that are seen in the RVR zone. Players will now gain 10% exp bonus if their realm holds the central keep and 20% if your guild holds the central keep of the respective battleground. Some of the mob camps have been improved in the battlegrounds to provide players with a further incentive to head to the battlegrounds whilst levelling! We look forward seeing more of you competing in the battlegrounds for these exp bonuses.

Easter EXP event

For the Easter break Uthgard Staff will be offering you an EXP event. There will be a global +20% XP bonus across all zones for the duration of the event.

In Summoners Hall there will be an exception as you will see a special +50% XP bonus there offered for those who are more daring with their levelling locations!

The event is held from 14. April 20:00 CEST until 18. April 06:00 CEST

Wishing you all a happy Easter.

Your Uthgard Staff.
People coming together as a community can make great things happen.

Rendiviel
Gryphon Knight

Postby Rendiviel » Apr 11, 2017 20:26

HOOOOOORAAAAAAAAY FOR XP!

karate
Warder

Postby karate » Apr 11, 2017 20:43

For the Easter break Uthgard Staff will be offering players a 20% exp bonus across all realms. The bonus will come into effect on the 14th of April and end on the 18th of April. We hope players will enjoy this additional bonus to exp across the mainlands.

There will be a 50% exp bonus offered to players in Summoners Hall during the Easter break also for those who are more daring with their levelling locations!

Very bad idea in my opinion - I am leveling my 2nd rvr char atm but still dont think it is deserved, needed or a good direction to take the server.

Jarqo
Eagle Knight

Postby Jarqo » Apr 11, 2017 20:52

I love idea with xp bonus!
Keep up a good work =)
Best Sniper Ranger on Uthgard since 2007.
Looking for maps? Try http://jarqo91.wix.com/daoccamps

wla
Gryphon Knight

Postby wla » Apr 11, 2017 20:54

5905 lvl 50 chars is more than enough for solid rvr on a single server.

bonus RPs please :roll:

Don't argue with idiots - they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

fleshcutter
Warder

Postby fleshcutter » Apr 11, 2017 21:05

SH is going to be a mayhem. Hope you guys can fix the lag until then. :hammer:
Fleshcutter the Berserker.
Zergilicious the Shaman.
Odyn the Healer.

Skandar
Myrmidon

Postby Skandar » Apr 11, 2017 21:19

Great event for Easter Uthgard Staff! Will be much fun. Can't wait to see the mayhem in Summoners.

Exde
Gryphon Knight

Postby Exde » Apr 11, 2017 21:23

Nice Job!

Semi-Quit~ WTB QoL
Exde - Bard
Exdez - Enchanter
Exdee - Druid
RIP <Booted>

Torgo
Eagle Knight

Postby Torgo » Apr 11, 2017 21:41

wla wrote:5905 lvl 50 chars is more than enough for solid rvr on a single server.

bonus RPs please :roll:

5905 level 50s?

That number seems high. Where are they all?

But thanks for the exp bonus. I think little things like this help keep the player base engaged. Hell, it's a custom server. Have fun with it. Do some crazy things every now and then.

Caemma
Phoenix Knight

Postby Caemma » Apr 11, 2017 21:42

wla wrote:bonus RPs please :roll:

There is a bonus rp involved: clear enemy SH raids lol :roll:

Among all things that *should* be tweaked (even if not 100% related to patch notes), I'm kind of happy that they introduced the BG bonuses.. since they are dead most of times.

One thing is not clear, I suppose the xp bonus from battleground CK will affect players of the battleground level range, but anywhere or just inside the battleground?
There was a time when Uthgard 1.0 existed and maaaany toons and arrpees arose... but now:
ImageImageImage

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Apr 11, 2017 21:45

This will make an interesting experiment to find out if more people will log on if xp is increased.

If it does, if it doesn't, arguments can be made either way about the holidays.
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37632

Players can greatly contribute to a server if you let them.

Uthgard, still the best server. Thanks, Devs.

Budikah
Phoenix Knight

Postby Budikah » Apr 11, 2017 21:58

Thank you guys!

Somebody go check in on Njor, he might need consoling now that PvE has been trivialized.

:lol:
Last edited by Budikah on Apr 11, 2017 23:19, edited 1 time in total.

Severian
Gryphon Knight

Postby Severian » Apr 11, 2017 22:29

You never know unless you experiment. Glad to see the devs are at least trying things to keep the server fresh and spark/re-spark interest in leveling up to 50.

I know I'll be taking full advantage of these bonuses considering I don't have much of an alt character at all.

This was badly needed, especially in NA.
Severian, RR5 Skald
Sacrament, RR4 Healer
Darkcircle, RR4 RM

Pao
Gryphon Knight

Postby Pao » Apr 11, 2017 22:30

Gj! Thank you. Its holiday time and I will use my time to hopefully get closer to 50.
Hope GMs are fine with what they have stated, that they are fine with just 80 people (300ppl was Trishin Statement long time ago) playing the game under their vision.
Its important to leave this server running doesn't matter how low the numbers will be. The other servers can fail but Uthgard still will be there, thats Uthgards only chance.

Edit 19/09/21: Well Uthgards chance has come.

Xko
INVADER

Postby Xko » Apr 11, 2017 22:37

I would like to do /rpoff (and /xpoff) that will make more of us competing in the battlegrounds.

& Good job!

Next

Return to News