April News and Easter EXP Bonus!

Here you can comment on news articles.
Severian
Gryphon Knight

Postby Severian » Apr 12, 2017 17:20

Blue wrote:
Lurker wrote:How exciting, time to try and get my alt up a few levels.

I assume this is cumulative with the existing bonuses in the frontiers...

So leveling near a keep, owned by your guild, during the event will result in a 40% bonus to exp?

Yes, these are two different bonuses that stack up. Its a) an area xp bonus and b) outpost/rvr xp bonus.

Mother of god. 8)
Severian, RR5 Skald
Sacrament, RR4 Healer
Darkcircle, RR4 RM

mrmaxhole
Warder

Postby mrmaxhole » Apr 12, 2017 19:37

Not cool. Only causing more jabroni's to reroll and lvl more alts which yeah improves 50 rvr.... In my experience if you can't stomach the level you wont stomach the rest of the game.

I'm mostly mad because this doesn't directly benefit me. /imselfish
I play Skald

DerWegIstDasZiel
Myrmidon

Postby DerWegIstDasZiel » Apr 12, 2017 19:53

Custom change, and a bad one as well.

Wheres the credibility?

---------- Djamak ---------
<West Albion Explorers>
Level 49 Briton Sorcerer
---Grandmaster Tailor---
-----------RR 2L2----------
----------Rilan 281--------

Gil
Alerion Knight

Postby Gil » Apr 12, 2017 20:25

DerWegIstDasZiel wrote:Custom change, and a bad one as well.

Wheres the credibility?

It'a an event.
Gil DaTroll - Merlin Zerker | MacDeath - Uth1 Armsman | Gil - Uth2 Zerker | Macdeath - Uth2 Armsman

Izzt
Myrmidon

Postby Izzt » Apr 12, 2017 20:32

I like the Idea of more xp, becouse we are all here for the REAL DAoC, and thats RvR.

I hate Xping as hell, and in melee i hate it WAY more than as caster...

But the REAL GOOD DEAL is to offer XP Bonus on Easter Holidays where i should offer my time for the Family and where the Kids going later to Bed.

Thx iam Adult and Father and i hate xping just wanna go into RvR..and now you offering XP Bonus at the time where Parents got less !!!

You do a hard and good job with that Uth 2.0, honored for that.. but offering Xp Bonus at this time.. is just a punch in the face for

players who are lagging behind , and most of them are Parents i guess.

RazorRamon
Gryphon Knight

Postby RazorRamon » Apr 13, 2017 00:29

Alcyon wrote:
munchies wrote:Make an RP Event aswell?

Or smth like the realm who owns DF, gets 20% RP bonus or smth. Would encourage people to take/defend keeps aswell etc

Realm point bonus events are highly unlikely to be seen on Uthgard, it was a huge mistake to introduce them to the live servers.

That's your opinion. I had fun.. especially the Doppleganger event, good times. Thanks for this particular event by the way :D

Sakimoto
Myrmidon

Postby Sakimoto » Apr 13, 2017 03:02

Wheres the credibility?

Please. People called this in the beta. They were always gonna flinch on that "no custom changes" stuff just as soon as the server started to lose people at a reasonable clip.

Always.

We said it then, and we were screamed at by the loyalist on this very forum but here we are, custom xp changes ahoy under the banner of "Events" which is I guess supposed to mean it doesn't really count right? lol.

mariad
Warder

Postby mariad » Apr 13, 2017 09:38

Welcome back and good job.

Celi
Myrmidon

Postby Celi » Apr 13, 2017 13:54

Perfect timing - nobody is busy during easter. Increase the realm switch timer to 7-8,5 years. Make people pay gold in rvr instead of rewarding them for kills. Uthgard 1 > Uthgard 2. Make the "livelike" joke a bit more obvious please!

To compensate all the hate up there:

Heres a little <3 for all the hard work. Well done - even tho most of the decisions were crap. :p

much love <- :twisted:
Who are you?

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Apr 13, 2017 14:59

Sakimoto wrote:

Wheres the credibility?

Please. People called this in the beta. They were always gonna flinch on that "no custom changes" stuff just as soon as the server started to lose people at a reasonable clip.

Always.

We said it then, and we were screamed at by the loyalist on this very forum but here we are, custom xp changes ahoy under the banner of "Events" which is I guess supposed to mean it doesn't really count right? lol.

I basically decided to just treat this as a beta server and im playing it now the same way i played the server when it was officially a beta server.
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37632

Players can greatly contribute to a server if you let them.

Uthgard, still the best server. Thanks, Devs.

Grunklestank
Myrmidon

Postby Grunklestank » Apr 13, 2017 15:56

Celi wrote:Perfect timing - nobody is busy during easter. Increase the realm switch timer to 7-8,5 years. Make people pay gold in rvr instead of rewarding them for kills. Uthgard 1 > Uthgard 2. Make the "livelike" joke a bit more obvious please!

To compensate all the hate up there:

Heres a little <3 for all the hard work. Well done - even tho most of the decisions were crap.

much love <- :twisted:

Quite possibly the most incoherent ****** I've ever seen... wp

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Last edited by Grunklestank on Apr 13, 2017 19:35, edited 1 time in total.
- Love,
Grunkle

Mordred <FE> <Validus> // Gareth (Ringer extraordinaire)

"Don't just call me pessimist.
Try and read between the lines."

Evinac
Gryphon Knight

Postby Evinac » Apr 13, 2017 18:08

This slope is starting to feel a little slippery! j/k :D

I welcome the event, hope enough ppl decide to give the SH madness a shot. :)
Evinak - Eldritch
Evinac - Hero
<Blazed>

Lewk
Warder

Postby Lewk » Apr 13, 2017 19:20

Alcyon wrote:

Or smth like the realm who owns DF, gets 20% RP bonus or smth. Would encourage people to take/defend keeps aswell etc

Realm point bonus events are highly unlikely to be seen on Uthgard, it was a huge mistake to introduce them to the live servers.

THANK YOU for saying this. After getting rr11l4 on classic servers and then being merged into the Ywain cluster, RP gain became trivial, especially with RP events such as the DF event that had RP quests. I went from 11l4 to 11l6 in such a short amount of time that i actually was quite annoyed.

Keeping RP gain a consistent is important because of the COMPETITIVE nature of RPs and RP gain.

Gving XP bonuses on the other hand is great because no one is competing to get lvl 50, it is just a necessary evil that is placed in front of being able to go RVR and start the real game :)

fleshcutter
Warder

Postby fleshcutter » Apr 14, 2017 04:29

Alcyon wrote:

Yea. Gaining realm points from anything else then killing another player is wrong. Except for ress and heal rps =)
Fleshcutter the Berserker.
Zergilicious the Shaman.
Odyn the Healer.

Seksy
Eagle Knight

Postby Seksy » Apr 14, 2017 07:47

Great way to get players to endgame sooner and I feel XP events do bring out and increase the population at least during them. I do agree that RP events are unwise and any BG type events will crash the zone, so lets hope SH can handle it. I would however love to see Uthalis and reskins/glowy effects return, I mean it's just cosmetic. :D

PreviousNext

Return to News