Dragons, realm balance, update to streamers, and more

Here you can comment on news articles.
Scipio
INVADER

Postby Scipio » Feb 12, 2017 10:32

Trishin wrote:Dear players,

- While one realm is holding DF more actively, this is not the only place for money / template items.

Thank you for your time

It is certainly THE place to get your jewelry AFAIK. If SI was implemented it wouldn't be as big of a deal for the underdog realms. Would you consider releasing the item databases so we can see the other items that fill that role?

I've been doing my own personal research with the resourches available to me (very few) in order to build my template; and on alb atleast finding comparable alternatives is nearly impossible.

:|

Makofan
Warder

Postby Makofan » Feb 12, 2017 18:02

When are crafters going back in capital cities to help achieve your stated goal of not having abandoned capital cities?

daemoch
INVADER

Postby daemoch » Feb 13, 2017 10:12

First off - Awesome game/server, SUPER appreciative of the work and time invested into a game that WE get the benefits of, and I can't say enough good things about that.
Now that I've said that......

Regarding pro-active balancing, most people would agree that the worst thing Mythic did was to constantly 'tweek' the game to 'balance' things. While a few adjustments were good, the constant changes and nerfs were HORRIBLE. Don't be like Mythic. Let the players balance it out. Every class/race has a counter. It's our jobs to find that (and exploit it). And people will ALWAYS complain. Too many nukers? Make stealthers. Don't complain that your tank is getting eaten alive because nukers are too powerful. Nukers are SUPPOSED to kill tanks at range.

Thats why I rolled a healer recently. Theres a shortage during certain times of the day/night. Ive been getting 'free' PLing for almost a week now. But I also have a caster and a tank that i switch to depending on whats desirable. And I specced for what i think will pay off the best over time. I didnt make 'L33T' characters according to a build guide and then complain that they must be flawed cause I cant make them work right. I made smart ones that work with my style. And I saw a problem (mostly my/everyones tank dieing) and made it an advantage. In the old days I used to hunt stealthers with a caster with a rare offensive build. Lots of AOE and instants. Id gather up stealthed assasins around me, then PBAOE mezz and drop a sequence of dots, debuffs, and snares. I usually got 4-5 assassin deaths for each death I gave them. I made the high number of stealthers on that server work to my advantage.

If youre afraid mids are too powerful and plentiful, stop charging through the front door. Sneak in the back and knife them in the gut and run. Or shoot them from far away. I dont see a problem; I see more targets. Id rather fish a packed pond than an empty one. Id also suggest using the right bait and the right gear to catch the type of prey you want.

But from a mids perspective, if your going to keep feeding me RPs, why wouldnt I keep camping you??? Either wise up and improve or stop complaining. I'm not forcing you to stick your head out of the hole. Thats all you man. Not the developers.

Most ppl dont even play well enough for the tiny code tweaks that developers do do to actually make that big a difference. While it does heavily effect testing outcomes in a simulated game environment, a 10% better heal rate wont keep that idiot in your group from wandering too far out and agroing the 4 purples that BAF every 30 seconds. Youre still gonna be dead afterwards.

holsten-knight
Lion Knight

Postby holsten-knight » Feb 13, 2017 11:51

And btw albs and hibs also camp in front of svasud faste all the time. Took me 8 tries at different times during the weekend to get to the relic just once for some ingredients needed for a quest. And I tried very sneaky ways.
I don't complain, I made 2k rp thanks to adding mids, killed 1 stealther and finally was part of whiping one of the fg enemies. I could have walked to the magic reli from yggdra, but it was more fun to try the hard way. It was fun and made the trip more challenging. But I feel for the crafter, that have to take this way a lot of times without interest in pvp. :wink:

Murmz
Myrmidon

Postby Murmz » Feb 13, 2017 12:39

Respawn to long..

Khaine
Warder

Postby Khaine » Feb 13, 2017 13:51

Did dragons go on holidays ? :)

Blevo
INVADER

Postby Blevo » Feb 13, 2017 15:14

I go rvr since lvl 35. My Skald is close to Rr3 and lvl48. Soon I will hit Rr3, then 50 and then I will shed my crappy drop armor, get a temp.
So much for the op realm.

Greets Blevinosce

RR2L7 and lvl 48 now. :-)
Blevinosce - Skald - 48/2L7
<Forest Adder>

Evinac
Gryphon Knight

Postby Evinac » Feb 13, 2017 20:17

Blevo wrote:I go rvr since lvl 35. My Skald is close to Rr3 and lvl48. Soon I will hit Rr3, then 50 and then I will shed my crappy drop armor, get a temp.
So much for the op realm.

Greets Blevinosce

RR2L7 and lvl 48 now. :-)

Those relic bonuses prolly had nothing to do with all that you have achieved. So much for the op realm.

Evinac wrote:
Abydos wrote:We have already addressed it many times.

I seem to have missed it then, possible to provide a link? Or are you referring to the locked threads where it is stated that the situation will be investigated?

Pretty please?
Evinak - Eldritch
Evinac - Hero
<Blazed>

Sonsi
Warder

Postby Sonsi » Feb 14, 2017 01:21

CowwoC wrote:
If you don't watch or stream and don't even know the intention of streaming, then why should someone care what you have to say about it? It doesn't affect you? Cool - now please move on.

10 min is not that hard, but 5 min would be fair enough - imho.

This is the exact level of bumblefork stupid that creates the reason for the 10 minute delay.

And if you are one of the ones that doesn't see the problem above... clue in... you're part of the problem.

SoSweet
INVADER

Postby SoSweet » Feb 14, 2017 01:44

When are people going to start having a repercussion for breaking said rules? I know people have been appealing these people breaking said rules since day one and they still seem to be playing day after day continuing to break the rules with what seems like no action taken against them? are you guys encouraging this? Hell for 3 days straight I've had the same 2 people kill stealing me or rooting my mobs trying to get my killed so they can take over the camp. I've asked them nicely to stop put them on ignore appealed them multiple times and yet they are still there just kill stealing/rooting away....some zero tolerance you guys have. I wouldn't be surprised if pretty soon your player base starts dwindling down because of these types of people ruining the game for people that want follow the rules. That's not to even start on the whole having a 2nd account/bot. I probably have a weeks worth of streams/recordings of these kinds of problems. It doesn't take a genius to investigate and realize you have a real problem with people breaking your rules and ruining your game. So is it you guys are losing interest in your product/server? Or you simply don't have the man power to enforce your rules?

Minaor
Warder

Postby Minaor » Feb 14, 2017 20:17

Murmz wrote:Respawn to long..

Do we have any information on this topic ? ie what is the average respawn time ?

deadmail
Warder

Postby deadmail » Feb 14, 2017 20:42

Mi Mi Mi Mi Mi, all i just read is mi mi mi ...

Hope the staff just lean back and laugh about your comment. I ll always do so with a sweet cappuccino and a dirty smile.

These poor little boys... just give them a cookie and some hot milk. :lol:

riad
Banned

Postby riad » Feb 14, 2017 21:34

blue and his midgard gang can only allow so many respecs to be in the game because they know exactly what's coming their way once albs and hibs can have rvr specs too.

so, fellas, better get used to 1 dragon spawn per week :>

Grimhound
Warder

Postby Grimhound » Feb 15, 2017 01:16

phixion wrote:Anyone with a brain can see that Midgard is overpopulated, over-geared and way ahead of Alb and Hib right now.

I'm not sure how people playing Midgard are even sticking with it, the boredom must be crazy right now... nothing to kill but greys that are (stupidly) trying to level in the Frontiers.

From an underdogs perspective, I see this server going in a bad direction... we already have people camping right outside our Border Keeps and whilst this is a valid strategy, it also serves to push people away from the game.

Imagine being level 50 on Hib or Alb right now... what is there to do? You are max level with enough currency to buy your template, yet you can't because you need jewellery from DF. How long do you expect those players to stick around for? This isn't something that can be fixed by a single person alone, an entire realm needs to get together to change the status quo and I see no evidence of that happening.

By now, a portion of the population has very little patience remaining. Midgard completely dominate the server, as expected, and a bunch of bandwagon hoppers flock to Midgard because it holds the path of least resistance. In general it builds bad feeling because if we all took the easy route, end game would be terribly boring. Let's all roll Savages/Zerkers/Skalds/Shamans/Healers and run around with nothing to kill... sounds like fun!

Personally, I'm done with the game for the time being, I may check back in a few months when hopefully, all this one-sidedness has died down and I can easily buy seals in Housing - as it stands right now it is just an unnecessary struggle.

Devs appear to be blind to the unbalanced state of the current game, which is even more worrying than acknowledging the problem and trying to find a solution. Many players can see the problem, why are staff so oblivious to it? Are you choosing to ignore it or just truly not seeing the problem?

1.65 will always favour Midgard, nothing is going to change here.

Yeah, pretty much. Game got boring real quick as Alb then Hib... I waited around for a while to see if they would offer anything at all to improve balance, but the staff do not see any issue it seems. Could have been an amazing server... really... I imagine when the pop falls another 1k they might consider doing something, but that will be far too late. I'm out. GL

Njor
Eagle Knight

Postby Njor » Feb 15, 2017 04:25

Any lvl 50 with epic armor is completely fine to RvR! And RvR is not 8v8 ... 8v8 is just a subset of RvR where some players want to create some kind of 'fair' arena-like fighting conditions to show off their superior skillz.
Thats fine, but all those 8v8 fetischists which can't leave their save home realm before they are not fully templated and have the perfect group setup will not make a difference in who has DF and/or the relics ... 8v8 does not get you relics or DF, zerging does.

So, to get relics and/or DF we underdog realms need some zergleaders instead of farmers. twinkers, templaters and 8v8 heros.

cheers

PreviousNext

Return to News