Dragons, realm balance, update to streamers, and more

Here you can comment on news articles.
Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Feb 10, 2017 18:38

Dear players,

Uthgard has seen its first month of action since the relaunch and this installment of the news will be bringing you an update on our dragons and a few important messages from the staff regarding the server.

Dragons:
We are happy to announce that dragons will begin to spawn at 20:00 CET in all 3 realms! These creatures are ready to guard their loot and will do anything in their power to ensure you will not be able to loot their precious treasures, so be careful when you venture into their lairs! (Please note that the dragons might still receive adjustments to their AI, but we wanted to give you guys a chance to raid them over the weekend already)

Realm Balance:
We are aware that there appears to be a lot of forum activity regarding realm balance at the moment, and we are always closely monitoring the server incase we need to take action to ensure better realm balance. That being said there is some misconceptions that needs to be addressed.

- We want to make it clear that we are not biased towards any realm!
- The population number between hib/mid/alb is not as imbalanced as you might think.
- We are aware that the availability of respecs can have impact on game play and thus with the dragon implementation this should now no longer be an issue.
- While one realm is holding DF more actively, this is not the only place for money / template items. It is important that realms come together to not only take the valuable keeps needed for DF but to also defend them to allow ample time for your realm to have access to Darkness Falls.

We also want to remind players that any realm who holds all relics will result in their relic keeps holding zero delegate guards. The power of keeps and relics are an important asset to your realms and the bonuses can be great, but you need to not only attack but defend!

Now, with all that being said, we are closely monitoring the situation, and if it gets out of hand we will take actions and implement a system to encourage people to move to underpopulated realms (such as a shorter realm transfer timer). However at this time the balance between the realms has been surprisingly good and thus we see no reason to implement a timer just yet.

Streamer update:
We are aware that a lot of you are streaming DAoC and Uthgard, which is amazing to see, however we want to remind our streamers that it is against our rules to share information to other realms. This means that we would like all streamers to add a 10 minute delay to their stream if they plan to RvR. If they plan to participate in a relic raid, we recommend not to stream this event until enemies have spotted you in RvR (still with a 10 minute delay). We will soon update our rules to reflect this, but we wanted to give you a heads up for what is about to change.

Contacting Staff:
We are always very grateful for player assistance especially when it may come to any infringement of Uthgard rules. We do see all /appeal 's and whilst we may not be able to get back to all of you we do our upmost best to do so. That being said it is important to note that if players have reported to staff someone infringing our rules that you do not then make the mistake of informing the player you have done so, staff will take the time to investigate and take action if needs be (even if we don't get back to you).

Thank you for your time,

The Uthgard Staff
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

Minaor
Warder

Postby Minaor » Feb 10, 2017 18:43

Great ! Good job !

norada
Myrmidon

Postby norada » Feb 10, 2017 18:45

dragons up, let's go boys !

Hideurkids
Warder

Postby Hideurkids » Feb 10, 2017 18:46

Excellent update. Thank you for your efforts and professional manner <3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roxxor
Gryphon Knight

Postby Roxxor » Feb 10, 2017 18:48

Trishin wrote:

I dont think the staff need to or want biased any realm or class. :lol:
The Patchpoint take care of this, so the staff is not needed for this. :gaga:

As long the staff realize the striclty 1.65 parameters, Midgard will get biased and Alb primary and Hib secondary get disadvantaged. :(

So thanks for your work oO
Danke Uthgard für 10 Jahre
Sent: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:01 am
To: Roxxor

If you arent having fun just stop posting. No need to ****** post on the forum. Go outside and enjoy the sunshine.
------------------
I am posting here because i have no fun and tried to rescue Uthgard.
Finally i did it like half of staff, i gave up...

Nelan
Warder

Postby Nelan » Feb 10, 2017 18:50

<3 <3

moha
Myrmidon

Postby moha » Feb 10, 2017 18:57

10min makes every streamer-viewer interaction impossible. Sad to see this, really enjoyed all the streams so far.

danteafk
Gryphon Knight

Postby danteafk » Feb 10, 2017 18:58

10 min delay? This kills any viewer interaction.

Comon, 3min is enough.

Hideurkids
Warder

Postby Hideurkids » Feb 10, 2017 19:03

danteafk wrote:10 min delay? This kills any viewer interaction.

Comon, 3min is enough.

Fair RvR inside the game > streamer interaction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kawaikzor
Myrmidon

Postby Kawaikzor » Feb 10, 2017 19:16

First page.
Pillager - Savage
<Reign>
Midgard

Xalara
Gryphon Knight

Postby Xalara » Feb 10, 2017 19:24

good job, well done!

Azoazial
Myrmidon

Postby Azoazial » Feb 10, 2017 19:27

Roxxor wrote:
Trishin wrote:

I dont think the staff need to or want biased any realm or class. :lol:
The Patchpoint take care of this, so the staff is not needed for this. :gaga:

As long the staff realize the striclty 1.65 parameters, Midgard will get biased and Alb primary and Hib secondary get disadvantaged. :(

So thanks for your work oO

Want a cookie with that ?

Shalindra
Warder

Postby Shalindra » Feb 10, 2017 19:38

Loving the updates, and absolutely love the server, The staff is doing a wonderful job and community is coming together! Still getting owned by those tomtes in Nisse's but yeah my problem :)
Shorter realm timer would be fun due to the fact I have friends that like to play other realms and would love to pve with them. Unfortunately I think realm hopping and spies happen.. even with the longer timers, just not as will nilly as it could be.

Thank you again staff, really enjoying our Uthgard!!

Hoemurr
Warder

Postby Hoemurr » Feb 10, 2017 19:48

Great job staff! I've been loving me some Uthgard since relaunch.

danteafk wrote:10 min delay? This kills any viewer interaction.

Comon, 3min is enough.

I personally don't care about the delay, one way or another, since I don't stream or watch streams. I'd much rather be in game playing for myself, then watch someone else play. That being said, it seems this rule is to protect people from their own ignorance. I mean, if your going after keeps to take back DF, or going after relics, or just trying to get a jump on another group of RvR participants, why would you want to put this up on the internet, so the whole world can see what you're doing as you're doing it?

Kaozium
Myrmidon

Postby Kaozium » Feb 10, 2017 19:57

Thanks for the dragon!

Sadly DF dominance and population number aren't the only symptoms of realm unbalance... hope the other symptoms will be monitored as well, somehow.

Next

Return to News