Here you can comment on news articles.
Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Jan 29, 2017 01:28

Dear players,

We just wanted to give you a small update on things:

Performance
We are continuously trying to improve our performance. We have been trying multiple approaches and are making progress towards allowing a higher player count cap. We do however understand the frustration of sitting in a long queue, and are doing our best to eliminate the long line. We would like to address three of the frequent questions we are asked:

1. Why don't you take donations?
- The problems we are facing are not entirely hardware issues; Many of the issues we have faced are with the code that was not designed to scale to such sizes. We have been using our time to find an eliminate these bottlenecks and have used our funds to scale to additional servers as our new features have allowed.

2. Why don't you open a second server and merge?
- A merge of multiple servers would be highly problematic. There are many technical hurdles to overcome in order to be able to merge servers at a later point. Given the complexity of this option, we feel that it is best to try to optimize and improve the existing server.

3. I reach the end of my queue but DAOC never loads! Why?
- We are aware that this happens in some cases. If you manage to get all the way through the queue and it does not launch, try open resource monitor (not task manager) on your computer and find uth.dll. Right click uth.dll then choose resume.

Update: We are now able to host about 4500 players without lag.

Mass ban
Today we have banned 70 accounts for using third party tools. These range from macros to twisting chants / songs, auto crafters, to radars and speed hacks. We want to remind everyone that we are very serious about our rules, and any rule violation will not be taken lightly. We have also banned numerous people for sticking items into their keyboard to avoid going link dead, this is also a rule violation, so we advice everyone to stop doing so.

- Very important -
We would like to remind you that each player is only allowed to own, and use ONE master account! We will ban any multi account logins we detect. Sharing accounts is not allowed and will lead to multi account bans too. Be sure to keep that in mind.

Camp claiming
In Dark Age of Camelot, no one can "claim" a camp. Anyone is free to move in and pull from the same spot you are sitting at. However, please be aware that it is not ok to engage with mobs that other players are already engaged with unless they request help. If realm mates arrive and wish to share a spot we hope that you will work to find a solution among yourselves that leads to success for all. If other players start harming monsters you have engaged, politely ask them to please stop. If the situation escalates to harassment, please contact a staff member. Remember, treat others as you would like them to treat you.

Behaving in public
Chat areas such as /broad, /yell, /say and /gu for starter guilds are considered public and you should maintain family friendly language and actions there. This means no profanity, innuendo, sexual comments, threats or name calling. Groups, chat groups, battle groups, guilds, alliances are considered generally private from other players and should be moderated by the leader(s) of the appropriate channels. If you do see someone being out of order, please /appeal and use /ignore to avoid seeing anything from this person.

Thank you for your time,

The Uthgard Staff

EDIT:

Housing crafting merchants
We have decided to implement the crafting merchants in housing, however to avoid the cities being abandoned, and to ensure that there is a large incentive to be active in RvR, we have decided to only implement the merchants that are currently available in the cities. (This means the highest tiers of crafting materials are still only available in relic keeps and the outer crafting keeps for each realm except for alchemy and spellcrafting).

- We want to remind players that this change will remove most of the time consumption for doing RvR as it will be possible to buy and craft all potions in houses.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

M3T1C0D3
Warder

Postby M3T1C0D3 » Jan 29, 2017 01:52

This is a great update. I love the banning of the proactive cheating. Just a question. Is the banning for cheating a full ban or just a suspension or both? What about the people who stuck things in their keyboards? Is that just a suspension of full ban?

False
Warder

Postby False » Jan 29, 2017 02:04

I'm all in! Keep it up..y'all are doing everything Broadsword isn't.
_=What makes the red man red?=_

Hideurkids
Warder

Postby Hideurkids » Jan 29, 2017 02:09

I love you guys and your masochistic ways :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenP
Phoenix Knight

Postby GreenP » Jan 29, 2017 02:18

70 people would dislike... if they could :(
Formerly known as
Touareg- RR10 noobVW on Uth1.
Crossfire- RR7 noobAnimist on Uth1.
Ohnoes- RR9 noobAnimist on Lolgins.

Click this LINK if you want to see the truth about Hibernia

BumblesZERG
Myrmidon

Postby BumblesZERG » Jan 29, 2017 02:31

Awesome stuff! Keep up the good work!
Lone Enforcer

Uthgard 2.0
50 Cabby
50 Earth Wizard
50 Minstrel
50 Reaver

Gwadien
Warder

Postby Gwadien » Jan 29, 2017 02:36

Would using remote access on a phone also be considered a 3rd party programme, for crafting for instance?

Vang86
Warder

Postby Vang86 » Jan 29, 2017 02:36

I challenge you to provide evidence publicly of actual cheating or atempt of cheating from my account and not an indication that there is just a 3d party tool on my pc installed or running. Rules clearly state the following:

5.The usage of cheats, hacks, or other third party tools is forbidden. This includes radar tools, speed hacks; fly hacks, macro tools, auto clickers, level bots and sniffer tools.

The USAGE. Key word right there. I imagine that the usage refers to connection with UTHGARD and not in general. So if I cheat in fifa I get banned in Uthgard. Makes sense. Also if you are unable to figure out if 3d party tools on a persons pc are used for uthgard or not, why not make it clear? Make an anouncement on forums or send personal warning. You continue to slander people while providing 0 evidence.

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Jan 29, 2017 02:39

Vang86 wrote:I challenge you to provide evidence publicly of actual cheating or atempt of cheating from my account and not an indication that there is just a 3d party tool on my pc installed or running. Rules clearly state the following:

5.The usage of cheats, hacks, or other third party tools is forbidden. This includes radar tools, speed hacks; fly hacks, macro tools, auto clickers, level bots and sniffer tools.

The USAGE. Key word right there. I imagine that the usage refers to connection with UTHGARD and not in general. So if I cheat in fifa I get banned in Uthgard. Makes sense. Also if you are unable to figure out if 3d party tools on a persons pc are used for uthgard or not, why not make it clear? Make an anouncement on forums or send personal warning. You continue to slander people while providing 0 evidence.

We do not discuss bans in our forum. Contact a GM directly if you want clarification on our rules so you can avoid a ban in the future.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

BumblesZERG
Myrmidon

Postby BumblesZERG » Jan 29, 2017 02:54

Vang86 wrote:I challenge you to provide evidence publicly of actual cheating or atempt of cheating from my account and not an indication that there is just a 3d party tool on my pc installed or running. Rules clearly state the following:

Good, we don't need any type of cheater around here. If you have the programs on your PC don't play here. Period.
Lone Enforcer

Uthgard 2.0
50 Cabby
50 Earth Wizard
50 Minstrel
50 Reaver

nk121
INVADER

Postby nk121 » Jan 29, 2017 05:14

Agreed! Keep up the great work. :grin: I remember you guys saying CPU usage was at 100%, that could be improved by hardware expansion couldn't it? Or is that no longer an issue because of the recent improvements? <3 the stability earlier with 4500 players online :D

quimbydogg
Guardian

Postby quimbydogg » Jan 29, 2017 05:19

In Dark Age of Camelot, no one can "claim" a camp. Anyone is free to move in and pull from the same spot you are sitting at. However, please be aware that it is not ok to engage with mobs that other players are already engaged with unless they request help.

If multiple groups or multiple people are pulling from the same camp it is pretty much a guarantee that they will be hitting each others pulls. I don't really see how 1 can happen (ok for 2 ppl to pull from same spot) but also be bad to hit a mob that someone else has pulled. Biggest issue I've seen is a group mezzing adds for baf bonus and other people taking those. Aside from the obvious of both groups just hit same mob to pull at same time.

Looney
Warder

Postby Looney » Jan 29, 2017 10:19

Please confirm for zerg xp as additional the person who pulls can be out of zerg and pulling into zerg for the xp..

Sharpinator
Warder

Postby Sharpinator » Jan 29, 2017 11:49

Hey all,

first of all:

You guys should be aware that I could not sleep in, stop be on caffeine instantly after wake-up or stop being highly dedicated to my toons for 3 weeks now :P It is the Uthgard-feeling as it was, when I first started playing Daoc on your server in 2009. I remember having been kinda excited with 1050 players on the server back then :) I want to thank you for that as for the occasion that you most obvioulsy all constantly work on a very nice gameplay-experience...guess the number of online-people and persistent queue within last weeks has been casting a smirk on your face as it makes me dreaming of epic battles in the frontiers in future! I definately worship you GMs and developers for that :)

Still, as this is Uthgard-community :P, I have on point left to complain about. I've been harrassed by some players in a very rude way by more than one occasions now. To be more specific, 2 players of the guild 'Dark Dawn' of Albion most obviously think terms and phrases like 'you are not germans, you are jews' or 'just another dirty arab' aren't rule violation at all (screenshots available btw.). Despite of appealing those since I consider it being racist I still saw at least one of them online. I have never experienced such a behaviour on Uthgard or that such a behaviour had been tolerated anyhow before. A feedback on those kinda appeals would be nice as well, even when I know you have lots of thing to focus on.

farmbooty
Myrmidon

Postby farmbooty » Jan 29, 2017 12:15

Thanks for this statements, devs care about their server in the end, good to see : )

Next

Return to News