One week in

Here you can comment on news articles.
Konrax
Guardian

Postby Konrax » Jan 22, 2017 22:00

Shalindra wrote:I don't understand all the complaining about the que, come on people, look at the population! Its a free server, and is here because a handful of dedicated people wanted to create a classic environment for everyone to enjoy. What is your problem... if you don't connect fast enough you can always jump on another free server, it wont be as well maintained, it wont have as much work put in it as Uthgard does, but you are welcome to hop if you want, no one says you have to stay here. I would rather have the population than I dead server, but Uthgard is my home Daoc experience.

Things are working very well staff, the only problem I would like to see addressed and I am sure it will be when server is as stable as you feel it needs to be, everyone does not get credit for getting the intended kill on quests. I hope that explanation makes sense. I have seen this already mentioned on the issue racer, so I have no doubt it will be addressed soon. Thank you so much for a great server!

The issue is with people who are afk for hours on end and bringing buffbots who are their "brother" playing with them.

After every reboot the que drops by 1500 at least which means a majority of the people on the server right now aren't actually playing.

Tristain34
Guardian

Postby Tristain34 » Jan 22, 2017 22:33

Konrax wrote:
Shalindra wrote:I don't understand all the complaining about the que, come on people, look at the population! Its a free server, and is here because a handful of dedicated people wanted to create a classic environment for everyone to enjoy. What is your problem... if you don't connect fast enough you can always jump on another free server, it wont be as well maintained, it wont have as much work put in it as Uthgard does, but you are welcome to hop if you want, no one says you have to stay here. I would rather have the population than I dead server, but Uthgard is my home Daoc experience.

Things are working very well staff, the only problem I would like to see addressed and I am sure it will be when server is as stable as you feel it needs to be, everyone does not get credit for getting the intended kill on quests. I hope that explanation makes sense. I have seen this already mentioned on the issue racer, so I have no doubt it will be addressed soon. Thank you so much for a great server!

The issue is with people who are afk for hours on end and bringing buffbots who are their "brother" playing with them.

After every reboot the que drops by 1500 at least which means a majority of the people on the server right now aren't actually playing.

I don't like the queue either, but I know not half of the population are buffbots. Pretty sure the admins know whos actually playing and who is not.
Rudy - Necro

Formerly,
Tristain - Friar - 7L2
h t t p : // search . camelotherald . com/#/character/cXkLvBFosRk
Morgan Le Fay

BumblesZERG
Myrmidon

Postby BumblesZERG » Jan 22, 2017 22:41

Basically if you are in the US and play est you cant play unless you wake up earlier than 9am and get in the que on the weekends. Both yesterday and today I jumped into the que at around 11am ext and it has been 4 hours + until you can get in game. SO basically I just have decided to not play on the weekends and just stick with weekdays. Better things can be done than sit in a que.
Lone Enforcer

Uthgard 2.0
50 Cabby
50 Earth Wizard
50 Minstrel
50 Reaver

Konrax
Guardian

Postby Konrax » Jan 23, 2017 00:08

Tristain34 wrote:
Konrax wrote:

I don't like the queue either, but I know not half of the population are buffbots. Pretty sure the admins know whos actually playing and who is not.

I never said half the server was buff bots, I said it was a combination of buff bots and afk people.

I have also noticed I have had 2000+ player que, then have a server reboot, get in, and then have a friend come on a half hour later saying there was a 200-300 person que.

spitfire808
Guardian

Postby spitfire808 » Jan 23, 2017 01:03

Yeah, I agree. I'm sure the devs are aware of this but this queue is ridiculous. Not because of the number of people in the queue but because people are just not even logging out anymore so it moves so slowly. Especially on the weekends, it's larger than normal. I've seen so many people run against the walls so they don't log out. Hopefully, something is done about this problem soon :|

michop
Warder

Postby michop » Jan 23, 2017 01:56

Konrax wrote:The issue is with people who are afk for hours on end and bringing buffbots who are their "brother" playing with them.

So if u are in the que at 2000 u still sit and look at the screen and wait for hours? Or do something else, watch from time to time? Missing the reboot?

There is only one "problem" - 5000 people will play at the same time. Thats the fault of the staff - cause they do a brillant job, make a great classic daoc server.

Thank u staff for this great classic feeling!

lassenyboe
INVADER

Postby lassenyboe » Jan 23, 2017 10:09

the essence of the problem is the fact that its such a popular server, and because its such a popular server , we see alot of people playing, and because of so many people are playing and have seen the result in queue time if they do log out, they will simply just stay logged in as long as they can.

i dont belive its buffbots.

ConstentinNL
Warder

Postby ConstentinNL » Jan 23, 2017 10:34

lassenyboe wrote:the essence of the problem is the fact that its such a popular server, and because its such a popular server , we see alot of people playing, and because of so many people are playing and have seen the result in queue time if they do log out, they will simply just stay logged in as long as they can.

i dont belive its buffbots.

That's right and I would add : there are more and more people who want to play such a good classic server. I think population will increase more again. A simple server cannot hold all DAoC classic fans alone...
Come and fight => http://kamak.labrute.fr

Minuial
Warder

Postby Minuial » Jan 23, 2017 15:26

Konrax wrote:I have also noticed I have had 2000+ player que, then have a server reboot, get in, and then have a friend come on a half hour later saying there was a 200-300 person que.

Yup... i think that's also because many people do not check the IRC - so they sit in a queue for (lets say) 2 hours and then suddenly feel "kicked", the queue "disappears" without a reason (have seen many threads about that issue in the support forum, i think some of them might have come from being reboot-kicked), they are frustrated or don't have the time to wait in queue for another 2 or 3 hours, so they just give up and go to... whatever they do in rl :lol:
Minuial/ Doewen/ Selphiie/ Istui/ Amaya/ Istya/ Alyrisa/ Shyena/ Jaenays/ Mailea

darmas
Myrmidon

Postby darmas » Jan 24, 2017 23:34

been sitting in queue for 4 hours and 4 mins today...
i'm number 16 now. and gotta go to bed for work in 25 mins. yay :)

uth49
Warder

Postby uth49 » Jan 25, 2017 07:43

hi there,

what prevents one player to report a toon walking against a wall, or seating for hours ? by the way, nothing in the rules says that you must log off when you stop playing. i'm afraid devs rely on individual intelligence, which seems to be quite optimistic at the end :)
but that's not a dev's fault, that's a stupidity side effect... people always think 'me first', which triggers all this painful frustration for others.

server is up and running because devs did it, and they should be rewarded for this, in whatever style. humans are stupids by design (intelligence is a personal initiative requiring a lot of investment), and for this there is no definitive solution, you have to live with it or leave; they call this life :)

well, that being said, i'm going back to normal life, because waiting in a queue is so boring that I even not tried once here. i'm simply waiting for mother Nature to perform a standard regulation amongst the morons who are affecting my player experience by only being themselves (wall runners, bufbots, ...) .

cheers, hugs, and all my thanks to the staff.

beidjen
Guardian

Postby beidjen » Jan 25, 2017 20:52

What should happen if the server didn't have a cap? At first ofc 5000 ppl logging in and laggy as h..l. But ppl should more and more log out if there was no queue and the afk wall runners should only be online when they was playing.

Maybe...

(sorry if my english isn't the best)

Nervenarzt
Warder

Postby Nervenarzt » Jan 25, 2017 23:33

heyho .. nearly 2 Hours in the queque line as the server go offline.

I am getting Nutz.

Anyone knows when they can handle more players?

They made a great job and this for free .. but this is frustrating.

cavesham
Banned

Postby cavesham » Jan 27, 2017 17:28

great job according to who?

how is it great if you cant even login?

guirssane
Myrmidon

Postby guirssane » Jan 27, 2017 21:34

cavesham wrote:great job according to who?

how is it great if you cant even login?

According to the 3000 players not in the que maybe? oO

Previous

Return to News