Preperation for relaunch

Here you can comment on news articles.
Alcyon
Eagle Knight

Postby Alcyon » Jan 03, 2017 16:52

Dear players.

We hope you had an enjoyable holiday season and are prepared for Friday! We have been busy in the last few days making some final preparations for the relaunch we would like to take this opportunity to remind players of some crucial aspects before logging in and also inform you of some important announcements regarding the server close and relaunch.

When will the server close?

Uthgard beta will officially close Thursday the 5th of January at 02:00 UTC+1.

Will there be a maximum amount of clients?

Yes. Uthgard will relaunch with a hard cap for safety precautions. We will then gradually increase this if required in order to support as many people as possible. Please be patient with us with this. There will be a queuing system in place in order to help a fair inflow of connections. It should be noted that it is absolutely not our intention to lock anyone out from the game server, these precautions have been put in place to make sure we do not run in to any major issues. It is always best to be safe rather than sorry.

Please make sure you are well acquainted with our rules

Uthgard's stance on cheating is clear. We will do our very best to keep our server clean and fair for all. In order to access the server every player must accept our rules.

The list of rules for the server can be found via this link: https://uthgard.org/rules

We would like to particularly highlight the following as these so often lead to the most frequent bans:

Players must not log in more than one account at a time. This explicitly includes the use of buff bots.

The usage of cheats, hacks, or other third party tools is forbidden. This includes radar tools, speed hacks; fly hacks, macro tools, auto clickers, level bots and sniffer tools.

Reserved names

Any players from Uthgard 1.0 who have names reserved on their old account need to insure that their email addresses are linked with their current master accounts. This is to make it possible that you can access your old names.

One final dragon test

Uthgard staff would like to invite players to join us for one final dragon test on Wednesday the 4th at 20:00 UTC+1. This is to check and finalise some of our final preparations for the dragons. This final test will be at the Hibernian dragon - players wishing to participate in the events please log in by 19:30 tomorrow.

We very much look forward to seeing you all on Friday!

Your Uthgard Staff.
People coming together as a community can make great things happen.

Austerim
Alerion Knight

Postby Austerim » Jan 03, 2017 16:59

[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> You have to be a c*** to be awesome at daoc
[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> that's what I learnt
[3:11pm] <Frosty_> then why does austerim suck
lordgriffon wrote:Oh by the way... ever seen a group of 8 smite clerics? Or play against a group like that? I have. Absolute devastation. The group that runs up against them can't kill them fast enough because smite clerics have sooooooo many tools at their disposal combined with decent ranged damage with 8 of them dudes doing it!

Zintair
Myrmidon

Postby Zintair » Jan 03, 2017 17:02

Looking forward to Friday also great news for dragon test!!! Could double as stability maybe?!?

Also what realms dragon is being tested?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vlalkor
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Vlalkor » Jan 03, 2017 17:18

Nice work Alcyon! Cannot wait til Friday to get some game time in :D <3

Bubbler
Gryphon Knight

Postby Bubbler » Jan 03, 2017 17:18

Looking forward to Friday Here. Glad to get an idea of when the server is going down and the queue system.

Can we be told the actual cap and will it be even between realms? For instance is it the first 1000 players that log on, irrelevant of realm choice or will it be more like 300 per realm are allowed and then the queueing starts?

How long will it take for the queue to lessen as people log on? For instance if you get a total of 4k people trying to log on on friday will the queue start after 2000 have logged on and change every 15 minutes from there to allow another 500 on or something different?

Just wondering since many players are set to start at server up with specific groups and don't want to be left behind or get ahead of their group depending on who gets into the server and who is watching the queue.
<Blood Feud>
Druid - Bubbler
Hero - Cramit
Enchanter - Rounder
Bard - Melody
BladeMaster - Crunch
Mentalist - Dottie

Miiyomo
Gryphon Knight

Postby Miiyomo » Jan 03, 2017 17:24

Alcyon wrote:Dear players.

Will there be a maximum amount of clients?

Yes.
[set of polite lines] *but no indication about the limit*

Thanks for the update.
See you on Monday. ( -1 hurray! )
Enjoy Life Miiyomo.
-DAoC- BIT
-WoW- Rock n' LoL
-Warhammer Online- Warp Legio
-DiabloIII- BIT
-GW2- XxX

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Jan 03, 2017 17:27

Bubbler wrote:Looking forward to Friday Here. Glad to get an idea of when the server is going down and the queue system.

Can we be told the actual cap and will it be even between realms? For instance is it the first 1000 players that log on, irrelevant of realm choice or will it be more like 300 per realm are allowed and then the queueing starts?

How long will it take for the queue to lessen as people log on? For instance if you get a total of 4k people trying to log on on friday will the queue start after 2000 have logged on and change every 15 minutes from there to allow another 500 on or something different?

Just wondering since many players are set to start at server up with specific groups and don't want to be left behind or get ahead of their group depending on who gets into the server and who is watching the queue.

Some info:

- The queue is split up on realms (so 500 mids, 500 albs, 500 hibs, 500 no-realm-yet can login)
- The queue can be changed without reboot (so if everything is smooth we can easily increase it without rebooting)
- The queue works as first come, first serve per realm.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

Gil
Alerion Knight

Postby Gil » Jan 03, 2017 17:58

Which Dragon(s) are we testing this time? I hope it's all three realms.

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Jan 03, 2017 18:00

Hibernia again.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

Ohai
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ohai » Jan 03, 2017 18:16

so basically log alb, instant in. log mid, wait 3 hours in queue

gotcha!

Gil
Alerion Knight

Postby Gil » Jan 03, 2017 18:21

Ohai wrote:so basically log alb, instant in. log mid, wait 3 hours in queue

gotcha!

I'm mid and yet I think this is as fair as they can do it. It would suck for all of us if Mid took most of the slots.

Nelan
Warder

Postby Nelan » Jan 03, 2017 19:38

Oh boy, it's happening.

ascanet
Warder

Postby ascanet » Jan 03, 2017 20:05

While I am sure you guys have thought up most everything, have you considered testing your queue system with us players prior to relaunch? I for one would be happy to assist

-asca

Cirdan
Eagle Knight

Postby Cirdan » Jan 03, 2017 20:07

ascanet wrote:While I am sure you guys have thought up most everything, have you considered testing your queue system with us players prior to relaunch? I for one would be happy to assist

-asca

It was already tested at the beginning of the beta.

Capass7x1
Myrmidon

Postby Capass7x1 » Jan 03, 2017 20:14

Not sure if I missed it, but is there a launch time for Friday?

Next

Return to News