Thanks for the update!

Britrain
Guardian

Postby Britrain » Dec 20, 2016 09:00

+7 for porters

Kazyo
Myrmidon

Postby Kazyo » Dec 20, 2016 09:33

So about those Porters that were in the game at the 1.65 patch ...

zephy
Warder

Postby zephy » Dec 20, 2016 10:39

Really, please add some "Surrogate-Porters" for the SI-ones!

Staying classic will show sufficiently in the char-dynamics, the level-speed etc., but adding the porters would be a great christmas gift :D

Bubbler
Gryphon Knight

Postby Bubbler » Dec 20, 2016 15:48

Yes, lets have yet another CUSTOM change to Uthgard and still try and pony it off as "Classic" daoc. Amazing..
<Blood Feud>
Druid - Bubbler
Hero - Cramit
Enchanter - Rounder
Bard - Melody
BladeMaster - Crunch
Mentalist - Dottie

Frosty
Myrmidon

Postby Frosty » Dec 20, 2016 16:01

Wasting our time arguing these nice things to put in :confused:

isocleas2
Gryphon Knight

Postby isocleas2 » Dec 20, 2016 16:11

Bubbler wrote:Yes, lets have yet another CUSTOM change to Uthgard and still try and pony it off as "Classic" daoc. Amazing..

Well in defense of the angry mob there are already features from SI implemented this would only be a stopgap solution until the real porters come out with the expansion. So its a custom change but nothing that won't eventually be here in one form or another anyways...

Bubbler
Gryphon Knight

Postby Bubbler » Dec 20, 2016 16:45

isocleas2 wrote:
Bubbler wrote:Yes, lets have yet another CUSTOM change to Uthgard and still try and pony it off as "Classic" daoc. Amazing..

Well in defense of the angry mob there are already features from SI implemented this would only be a stopgap solution until the real porters come out with the expansion. So its a custom change but nothing that won't eventually be here in one form or another anyways...

O I get it. I was merely trying to point out, however poorly, that it would still be "custom" in the eyes of the devs since the location of these porters wouldn't be correct. Sure SI capitol had convenient porters to classic areas but since it was only from the SI capitol, which as we know won't be implemented, it will be looked down on as a custom change.

There is seemingly a threshold that the devs have to making custom changes, since there are already custom changes on the server. (ie shroom cap) However they don't share this threshold with us but I would bet this change wouldn't make it.
<Blood Feud>
Druid - Bubbler
Hero - Cramit
Enchanter - Rounder
Bard - Melody
BladeMaster - Crunch
Mentalist - Dottie

snoog
Myrmidon

Postby snoog » Dec 20, 2016 19:55

I'm so hyped. Good ****** to the staff long time coming, I've been an RPG-less refugee far too long.

To hell with porters ill take horses and enjoy the scenery. ;)

Long Live Uthgard
#DragonRaidsComin
Snoogs 50 Savage

barto22
Phoenix Knight

Postby barto22 » Dec 20, 2016 20:09

Bubbler wrote:
isocleas2 wrote:

O I get it. I was merely trying to point out, however poorly, that it would still be "custom" in the eyes of the devs since the location of these porters wouldn't be correct. Sure SI capitol had convenient porters to classic areas but since it was only from the SI capitol, which as we know won't be implemented, it will be looked down on as a custom change.

There is seemingly a threshold that the devs have to making custom changes, since there are already custom changes on the server. (ie shroom cap) However they don't share this threshold with us but I would bet this change wouldn't make it.

We really should stop brandishing this "Classic Server" wand around. It's a custom server, with the staff's own custom setting.
My mind’s made up, don’t confuse me with facts.
You mustn't assume that your personal situation is a reflection of every other person that has logged in to Uthgard.

DerWegIstDasZiel
Myrmidon

Postby DerWegIstDasZiel » Dec 20, 2016 20:10

!!!LAUNCHTIME!!!

---------- Djamak ---------
<West Albion Explorers>
Level 49 Briton Sorcerer
---Grandmaster Tailor---
-----------RR 2L2----------
----------Rilan 281--------

Serpentarius
INVADER

Postby Serpentarius » Dec 21, 2016 01:47

Hello,

I am wondering if it will be necessary to redo the "Getting Started" stuff if we already have a client dedicated to the beta that we have been using?

Thanks for all the hard work!

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Dec 21, 2016 01:50

Serpentarius wrote:Hello,

I am wondering if it will be necessary to redo the "Getting Started" stuff if we already have a client dedicated to the beta that we have been using?

Thanks for all the hard work!

If you can login as of right now, there should be no further preparations needed. There might be a small patch to the client at launch day, but it should be minimal if any.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Dec 21, 2016 05:35

It really sucks when you want to say things but you don't feel it will either do any good or will be deleted.

I think there are still a lot of issues going and beta is still going to be unofficially going on after launch.
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37632

Players can greatly contribute to a server if you let them.

Uthgard, still the best server. Thanks, Devs.

BigSteve
Warder

Postby BigSteve » Dec 21, 2016 05:43

I agree with Relv, but at least we can troll something more than the forums!

PreviousNext

Return to News