Herald, assistance and more!

Here you can comment on news articles.
Alcyon
Eagle Knight

Postby Alcyon » Dec 09, 2016 19:09

Greetings Uthgard Community!

As we are sure many of you are now aware Uthgard is now below thirty days away from relaunching! Thus we are making some final adjustments and searching through the issue tracker for anything that needs our attention. We have been overwhelmed by the support from the community and are happy to see our forums and Facebook page lively once more. Regular updates will be provided as we countdown the days until the relaunch and they will continue on a regular basis when the server becomes live.

In the lead up to the relaunch we welcome community involvement in promoting the server and are pleased to see many of you sharing the relaunch post with your friends! Should any players feel they would like to produce a new promotional video for the Uthgard relaunch then absolutely please do so; should we like any of the material you come up with we may publish it on our homepage for all visitors to see!

Whilst we are busy with the final preparations for the relaunch we do however need assistance from you the community. Please see the information below and let us know if you can help in any way!

Herald

Are you a frontend engineer? Do you know about AngularJS, restful APIs and HTML5? Then Uthgard needs your assistance! Many of the veterans of Uthgard will be aware of our previous herald that ran on Uthgard 1.0. Although our herald has served us well we are now turning towards our community to help create a brand new herald for the relaunch. Our ideas for the herald have been discussed and a small framework has been thought out. We now need assistance from any talented and motivated players out there who may wish to help us make the brand new herald a reality. Should any players be interested in such a project we would like to invite you to join us in IRC at #uthgard.herald so we may be able to take discussions further.

To those who may not be so keen on development do not fear! Do you have a strong opinion on a feature we should include in our new herald? Then please provide us with your ideas in this thread. We will take your thoughts and ideas into consideration when prioritising and making decisions, but be aware that we will have to weigh the the ideas against how much effort it will take to implement.

Item linking assistance!

We have made significant improvements to many items regarding sell prices and salvage values since we closed in 2014, but there's still space for improvements. The German DAoC database at http://bestiary.telaran.org provides a lot of data which we would love to use in order to improve your game experience. However, since the database only contains German item names, we cannot use it at the moment.
Therefore we need your help: If you are fluently speaking both German and English and are willing to help us improve our item database for you, please sign up here: https://goo.gl/forms/aqUAYiVjqWzCqRGm2
This important step will help to finish making the realms more even and the chances equal for all players!

We are grateful for any assistance players may be able to provide!

Until next week!

Your Uthgard staff.
People coming together as a community can make great things happen.

Kaosfury
Eagle Knight

Postby Kaosfury » Dec 09, 2016 19:41

Nom nom nom . Tasty guys.

I wish i knew how to code or draw. All i can do is cheer lead and tell every one i see about Uthgard.

Sent from my SM-G925R4 using Tapatalk

idiotron
Warder

Postby idiotron » Dec 09, 2016 20:57

Do you have a strong opinion on a feature we should include in our new herald?

Just build a HTML5+PHP herald, we can endure that much. Unless you are using a NoSQL database, in which case I will just shut up and majestically walk away.

Vlalkor
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby Vlalkor » Dec 09, 2016 21:07

signed up!

Jerrian
Phoenix Knight

Postby Jerrian » Dec 09, 2016 23:08

Well, translation should work, so I signed up :-D .
But I ´ve no clue about this herald thing :-/ , but I was fine with the old ones data I would like to see a cool daoc signature builder for Uthgard data as well ;-)

Cad
Warder

Postby Cad » Dec 10, 2016 00:11

bring back the iirc bots for /who :P

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Dec 10, 2016 00:52

Cad wrote:bring back the iirc bots for /who :P

No. Not in #uthgard, anyway. You can private message them or do it in some other channel.

playfull
Myrmidon

Postby playfull » Dec 10, 2016 04:28

speaking of banned...

when i try to join iirc via the website it says i am banned?

whatsup with that

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Dec 10, 2016 05:38

from the channel or from quakenet? If its quakenetyou'll need to contact them - go to quakenet help to look up contact info.

playfull
Myrmidon

Postby playfull » Dec 10, 2016 05:44

when i try to enter from

https://uthgard.org/irc

elrim208
Myrmidon

Postby elrim208 » Dec 10, 2016 16:53

I'm excited about the translation! I'm a native English speaker who speaks German as a second language. I live in the US so I rarely get to speak the language. I have to listen to German podcasts and read German articles to keep it fresh. I hope I can put my German skills to use :).

Love me Babby
Myrmidon

Postby Love me Babby » Dec 10, 2016 18:39

burfo
Myrmidon

Postby burfo » Dec 10, 2016 19:39

Nice work, as always!
Burfo

Panini
Myrmidon

Postby Panini » Dec 10, 2016 22:48

Ich spreche ein bisschen Deutch, auf wiederschnitzel.

Anyway i hope you get better help then what i would be able to offer :gaga:
Midgard Panini 3L5 RM, Species 5L0 SVG | Jaecar 2L2 Hunter | Sploon 40 Sb
Hibernia <Wilson> Seiceps 2L7 Druid - RIP
Hibernia <Na Fianna Dragun> Diesl - 30 Valewalker | Jabstar - 46 Nightshade | Strickland - 43 Enchanter

American beer is like making love in a canoe; It's f*cking close to water. - Monty Python

Askafruja
Guardian

Postby Askafruja » Dec 11, 2016 00:47

ready for some heavy linking help :)

Greets
Muzel/Chutriel/Hubschraubaer

Next

Return to News