Welcome Home

Here you can comment on news articles.
Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Dec 06, 2016 16:47

asdalo wrote:I did not understand something. Starting from 6th January it will be a new beta or it will be a 'final' version?
I mean, is it planned that the character be wiped out after a while or not?
As far as I understand this should be the final/definitive version of the server, but I would like to be sure about that.

Thank you

All characters, currently acquired items, houses and guilds will be deleted before 6th January 2017.
Begining 6th January 2017 the server will be live. There will be no additional wipe.
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

asdalo
INVADER

Postby asdalo » Dec 06, 2016 17:18

Genjiro wrote:
asdalo wrote:I did not understand something. Starting from 6th January it will be a new beta or it will be a 'final' version?
I mean, is it planned that the character be wiped out after a while or not?
As far as I understand this should be the final/definitive version of the server, but I would like to be sure about that.

Thank you

All characters, currently acquired items, houses and guilds will be deleted before 6th January 2017.
Begining 6th January 2017 the server will be live. There will be no additional wipe.

Thank you for the quick answer and for the good work you are doing :)

Christdeath
INVADER

Postby Christdeath » Dec 06, 2016 21:51

Hello there.

I´ll be new player in DAoC + Uthgard server.One question,the Getting Started guide in the site is valid up to date or you´ll update it before the launch? I mean,i can install the game now? I want to be sure :D

Thanks for your effort and time.

Cirdan
Eagle Knight

Postby Cirdan » Dec 06, 2016 21:54

Christdeath wrote:Hello there.

I´ll be new player in DAoC + Uthgard server.One question,the Getting Started guide in the site is valid up to date or you´ll update it before the launch? I mean,i can install the game now? I want to be sure :D

Yes, you can follow the directions here https://uthgard.org/howto and get installed and set up. It's recommended that you do so now; that way you'll iron out any setup problems before launch and it will lessen the overall traffic that will happen on launch day.

Christdeath
INVADER

Postby Christdeath » Dec 06, 2016 22:36

Cirdan wrote:
Christdeath wrote:Hello there.

Yes, you can follow the directions here and get installed and set up. It's recommended that you do so now; that way you'll iron out any setup problems before launch and it will lessen the overall traffic that will happen on launch day.

Amazing quick asnwer! Installing now!
Wanted play DAoC from the old days when launch but not possible so far;going to class,races,guides,etc.One more time thanks for your effort and time.

(Sorry English not my main)

Nikki Brat
Warder

Postby Nikki Brat » Dec 07, 2016 03:33

Uh oh. Guess I have to stop thinking theory and playing on paper and actually decide what i wanna play haha.

Ster
Warder

Postby Ster » Dec 07, 2016 04:10

As a solo player mostly I can't say I'm all that excited. Probably quit the first time i spend half a day just running from one spot to the next to get 1 bubble xp

-l- Edgtho -l-
Gryphon Knight

Postby -l- Edgtho -l- » Dec 07, 2016 09:00

Ster wrote:As a solo player mostly I can't say I'm all that excited. Probably quit the first time i spend half a day just running from one spot to the next to get 1 bubble xp

another guy who wants the goal without the journey, be welcome :P

Njor
Eagle Knight

Postby Njor » Dec 07, 2016 12:03

Ster wrote:As a solo player mostly I can't say I'm all that excited. Probably quit the first time i spend half a day just running from one spot to the next to get 1 bubble xp

DAoC at 1.65 treats solo players (I am one) just right, most content is designed for groups, apart from quests soloing is hard ... and thats how it should be, otherwise it would not be appropiate for groups.
Why you would take more time running between locations than grouped players though I can't understand ... maybe you have a similar affliction in regards to maps/orientation as some other forum dwellers here ...

cheers

Panini
Myrmidon

Postby Panini » Dec 07, 2016 12:36

Njor wrote:

DAoC at 1.65 treats solo players (I am one) just right, most content is designed for groups, apart from quests soloing is hard ... and thats how it should be, otherwise it would not be appropiate for groups.
Why you would take more time running between locations than grouped players though I can't understand ... maybe you have a similar affliction in regards to maps/orientation as some other forum dwellers here ...

cheers

I agree, i also enjoy playing solo, for example when there's no grouping available at silly hours ;) But i don't mind it, playing dark age just has a way of calming me down. I just feel good when playing the game, unlike any other game. Thats the main reason why i play it, not to be the best of the best, but because of how it makes me feel. But also a little bit to be the best of the best :lol:
Midgard Panini 3L5 RM, Species 5L0 SVG | Jaecar 2L2 Hunter | Sploon 40 Sb
Hibernia <Wilson> Seiceps 2L7 Druid - RIP
Hibernia <Na Fianna Dragun> Diesl - 30 Valewalker | Jabstar - 46 Nightshade | Strickland - 43 Enchanter

American beer is like making love in a canoe; It's f*cking close to water. - Monty Python

Barri
Warder

Postby Barri » Dec 07, 2016 14:30

Can i ask, when si will be implemented ? :-)

But, great NEWS. Im an old Uthgardplayer and i will play daoc now again. :)

t-bone
Myrmidon

Postby t-bone » Dec 07, 2016 14:51

Cant wait for Nisses lair!

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Dec 07, 2016 14:52

Barri wrote:Can i ask, when si will be implemented ? :-)

But, great NEWS. Im an old Uthgardplayer and i will play daoc now again. :)

We don't know ourselves yet, so hard to answer that question I'm afraid.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

Sulex
Guardian

Postby Sulex » Dec 07, 2016 17:41

Yeeeeha! You can count on me!

Kha
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kha » Dec 07, 2016 21:16

Good news !

Am happy you guys decided to give it a go !

Am really concerned tho ... Lot of major bugs not even assigned. (Some of them are game mechanic, and sounds like buffs or nerfs for some classes.) Especially nerf for pet classes ...

Do you plan to fixe all of those before launch ? Within 30 days ?

Or ... we'll get an early Uth going live, but with still bugs on the "to-do list" ?

Let's see Pet mechanics for example 3 assigned out of 42 reports confirmed (i did not count the reports about charmable mobs that have wrong abilities, usually nerfed etc.)

Here are some of the major ''pet bug" not assigned yet as example:
https://uthgard.org/tracker/issue/1647/ ... _carefully
https://uthgard.org/tracker/issue/2489/ ... 't_in_1.65
https://uthgard.org/tracker/issue/979/@ ... /mountians.
https://uthgard.org/tracker/issue/1730/ ... Shield_(SM)_stops_doing_damage,_still_drains_power
https://uthgard.org/tracker/issue/2429/ ... _attacking
https://uthgard.org/tracker/issue/1150/ ... yellow_mob
https://uthgard.org/tracker/issue/2473/ ... arm_Giants

Hope am concerned for nothing. I wish you luck to solve the most possible before launch.
As it stands for now ... Don't do a pet class guys. :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to News