Welcome Home

Here you can comment on news articles.
Alcyon
Eagle Knight

Postby Alcyon » Dec 02, 2016 13:04

Dear players,

We would like to take you back to January 25th 2014 where we stated: 'We've come down a very long road together'. It is fair to say that given the amount of time Uthgard has been down since the January of that year that we can echo those words once again. The road has been long, hard and at times draining. However, we are pleased to announce that on Friday January the 6th at 20:00 UTC+1 Uthgard will officially return and Dark Age of Camelot will once again return to our lives in its glory.

20:00 UTC+1 converts to the following time zones for you all:

CET: 20:00 (Berlin)
    HKT: 03:00 (Hong Kong)
    EST: 14:00 (New York)
    PST: 11:00 (Los Angeles)

Once the new timer on the webpage has hit 00:00:00 Uthgard will open its doors officially once again for you our loyal player base, our DAOC veterans and soon to be new friends.

The server is now in a good enough shape to relaunch; the last few months of the open BETA proved extremely useful to improving the quality of our server and we would like to thank you all once again for your efforts. Some crucial and alarming discoveries were made, the most significant being an issue with our housing zones, as we strived to fix this we fell further into what proved to be a housing rabbit hole. We took the decision to completely overhaul the housing zone and this has taken a lot of man hours to do effectively. Along with housing there were other significant bugs and issues, but now we are in a good enough place to relaunch for you all and allow you all an equal opportunity to start afresh fairly.

We would like to make a side note to our American and non European comrades. We consider Uthgard to be now more than ever a truly international server. We realise the time may not be considered to be 'friendly' towards our American player base, this was not so much out of choice but staff scheduling. We value your presence and look forward to the influx of American and international players once our European friends return to their beds for rest! We have recruited some fine Game Masters who will be on hand to help our American and further afield player base so support will be there for you at all times of day.

We want Uthgard to be considered a home for players seeking a true Dark Age of Camelot classic experience and will be on hand to support our players through frequent updates and communication via the forum or Facebook page. Our passion and drive is what sets our server apart from all the others but also you our loyal players. Let us together make Uthgard the only place to seek the authentic Dark Age of Camelot experience. We will continue to strive for an improved communication with our players in regards to updates of the server. Changes have already been made via our Facebook page - be sure to follow us there!

Now is the time for you to talk amongst yourselves, friends and guild members about your chosen realms and starting classes! Players are reminded that once the server is live the instant 50, armour merchants and respec merchants will all disappear from your capital cities and the realm switch timer will revert back to seven days. The server will remain in its BETA stage until we come ever closer to the relaunch date; this is to allow you to keep helping the server as we prepare for the relaunch. Do not forget tonight dragon test where we hope to see some of you again!

We are extremely excited to see many of you competing in our frontiers and hope through our improved keep system that there will be a place for you all whether it is solo, group, 8v8 or zerg! We have mentioned previously that the rush for Darkness Falls will be one of the highlights of the relaunch and we very much look forward to new memories being born on our server!

There have been many times for us all where we wished we were a part of this great game from the beginning once again, we invite you all to join us in that opportunity of a clean slate for you. Help your realms in any way you can, work together and most importantly of all have fun! Sometimes we can forget in moments of tension and hostility that ultimately we want to play this game because it is unique fun and the best PvP experience out there!

We cannot wait to see you all in the homelands and frontiers soon!

Your very relieved and proud Uthgard Staff!
People coming together as a community can make great things happen.

GreenP
Phoenix Knight

Postby GreenP » Dec 02, 2016 13:06

first ! good news
Formerly known as
Touareg- RR10 noobVW on Uth1.
Crossfire- RR7 noobAnimist on Uth1.
Ohnoes- RR9 noobAnimist on Lolgins.

Click this LINK if you want to see the truth about Hibernia

Armath
Warder

Postby Armath » Dec 02, 2016 13:12

Great news.

*Prepares to put real life on pause for a while*

Ingjard
Warder

Postby Ingjard » Dec 02, 2016 13:13

Woooo!! who else is quitting life to become a daoc character full time?!?
Joeey - retail
Clicker - Genisis
Clicker Shmoe Falai Ralai Ingjard Joeey -Uthgard 2.0

Makish
Gryphon Knight

Postby Makish » Dec 02, 2016 13:18

noice!

mature Player LF 8vsXX Grp/Guild - Alb/Minst pref :D
Ololofeld - BD - Lyo/Mid

Amisch
Gryphon Knight

Postby Amisch » Dec 02, 2016 13:21

I never thought I see this day but it's finally in touching distance. I AM ON A TRAIN !!! Thanks Uth Staff

Zerker
Warder

Postby Zerker » Dec 02, 2016 13:25

Relaunch at my birthday, i accept that as a gift.

Also: Are you missing out the year of the relaunch on purpose? ^^

Nogi
Warder

Postby Nogi » Dec 02, 2016 13:29

Maybe... we will see! ;-)

Be aware of Nogi the Schaman! *lol*

:D :D :D :D :D

Jarqo
Eagle Knight

Postby Jarqo » Dec 02, 2016 13:32

Nice to see a good news :) Hope all will have great fun again!

Btw: "Once the new timer on the webpage has hit 00:00:00 Uthgard will open its doors officially once again for you our loyal player base, our DAOC veterans and soon to be new friends."
Where can we see that timer pls ^^? I'm kinda blind :p
Best Sniper Ranger on Uthgard since 2007.
Looking for maps? Try http://jarqo91.wix.com/daoccamps

Alcyon
Eagle Knight

Postby Alcyon » Dec 02, 2016 13:37

Jarqo wrote:Nice to see a good news :) Hope all will have great fun again!

Btw: "Once the new timer on the webpage has hit 00:00:00 Uthgard will open its doors officially once again for you our loyal player base, our DAOC veterans and soon to be new friends."
Where can we see that timer pls ^^? I'm kinda blind :p

Temporary issue - the timer should return ASAP.
People coming together as a community can make great things happen.

brandondano
INVADER

Postby brandondano » Dec 02, 2016 13:39

I was six when this game came out... I never did try it, and while I believe its still live today, something tells me this would be closer to the original state of the game at that time then the current game today. Anyways, I can't wait to experience this world with you guys, maybe you can show a newbie a thing or two.

Genjiro
Developer
Developer

Postby Genjiro » Dec 02, 2016 13:41

brandondano wrote:I was six when this game came out... I never did try it, and while I believe its still live today, something tells me this would be closer to the original state of the game at that time then the current game today. Anyways, I can't wait to experience this world with you guys, maybe you can show a newbie a thing or two.

I hope we and our community can and will do that. Welcome to Uthgard!
News || Getting Started || Rules || Issue Tracker
Coloured text represents my personal opinion and is not associated with Uthgard Staff nor is it an official statement.

tamiko
Warder

Postby tamiko » Dec 02, 2016 13:44

woot!

Supp RM LF established group/guild for fast 50 and ofc rvr dominance!

Celi
Myrmidon

Postby Celi » Dec 02, 2016 13:46

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
Who are you?

vangonaj
Alerion Knight

Postby vangonaj » Dec 02, 2016 13:51

Nice news. With SI or without??

Next

Return to News