Help to train our Dragon!

Here you can comment on news articles.
Ino
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ino » Nov 30, 2016 00:37

[R]Bloodwyne wrote:guy from my guild was just wondering how long it actually took mythic to develop daoc from scratch, anyone knows? btw how was the dragon raid, was it exciting? What is the difference to uth1.0 dragon? will we see test of mid dragon this year? i smell progress!!!!11

bloodwyne <3

[R]Bloodwyne wrote:guy from my guild was just wondering how long it actually took mythic to develop daoc from scratch, anyone knows?

dont know, but at least uthgard downtime is already longer than daoc release to 1.65 release :-)
[R]Bloodwyne wrote:btw how was the dragon raid, was it exciting? What is the difference to uth1.0 dragon?

yeah it was exciting and funny :-)
first couple raids the dragon was far too easy, but later it looked stronger. but we wiped then because we didnt execute our tactics very well :D
check out my twitch vods for full coverage:
https://www.twitch.tv/analogehalluzinel ... 5?t=16m57s

only got time for three hours maximum on friday. maye you can sign me up as additional class.
#Signup Inodor, Bard - Friday 2nd. (3hours max)
Last edited by Ino on Nov 30, 2016 00:44, edited 1 time in total.

Aknot
Warder

Postby Aknot » Nov 30, 2016 00:42

Alcyon wrote:We need more players for Fridays test. Get signed up people!

Ok, I'll take the time for Friday finally, so :

#Signup Aknot, [classe you need]. for Friday 2nd

cavesham
Banned

Postby cavesham » Nov 30, 2016 04:24

make the dragon penetrate bubbles please

i dont want 1 group killing it ( its a dragon )

Austerim
Alerion Knight

Postby Austerim » Nov 30, 2016 05:27

At its level, shouldn't it penetrate bubbles all the time? :oops:
[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> You have to be a c*** to be awesome at daoc
[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> that's what I learnt
[3:11pm] <Frosty_> then why does austerim suck
lordgriffon wrote:Oh by the way... ever seen a group of 8 smite clerics? Or play against a group like that? I have. Absolute devastation. The group that runs up against them can't kill them fast enough because smite clerics have sooooooo many tools at their disposal combined with decent ranged damage with 8 of them dudes doing it!

Prometheus
Warder

Postby Prometheus » Nov 30, 2016 06:59

the raid was fun so you can count me in again, brought back good memories!

#Signup Willow, Animist - Friday 2nd.

dvonipaja
Myrmidon

Postby dvonipaja » Nov 30, 2016 08:35

Great work and wonderfull idea :) !!

Might have some time to join this friday :)

What would be better as a tank ? warden ? or hero ?
(can also take a bard if needed)

PS : nice video ino :) ... third/fourth attempt seems more like it ;) although there seems to be a problem concerning the bonus regarding number of attackers ? (shroom don't seem to touch even when flooded ?)
1st/2nd/5th attempt in less than 3/5 minutes each ... outch ;x ...

PPS : </joke on>lag jump is an exploit and it is baaaad ;x ... don't do it people ;x</joke off>

[R]Bloodwyne
Gryphon Knight

Postby [R]Bloodwyne » Nov 30, 2016 19:53

Kazyo wrote:
[R]Bloodwyne wrote:
Austerim wrote:I don't think cap gear would help at this point and time anyway except for maybe the 5-10 people that are left playing. It's a neverending beta. :oops:

i guarantee you cap gear and no realm timers would populate the frontiers real fast, of course 90% would just play and not actively contribute to bug fixing/reporting but who cares if it is for one more guy even who does it. If you had 8man rvr during this beta it would actually make sure rvr could be pretty polished at release. The way this beta is done i am 100% sure once the server releases it will still be a total mess considering bugs and abuses.

So you guys could get steamrolled in Emain all day by PuGs, rage quit, and QQ again? :roll:

Don't get me wrong, I'm fed up with the beta as well, but don't claim it'd help you come out to play. You guys already had the chance to make 8man setups with duped gear and dodged daily.

noname bragging about 8man success in a severely bugged beta, not surprised at all

are you that IKEA guy who wrote me a love letter once?

Signus
Gryphon Knight

Postby Signus » Nov 30, 2016 22:33

Ino wrote:
[R]Bloodwyne wrote:guy from my guild was just wondering how long it actually took mythic to develop daoc from scratch, anyone knows? btw how was the dragon raid, was it exciting? What is the difference to uth1.0 dragon? will we see test of mid dragon this year? i smell progress!!!!11

bloodwyne <3

[R]Bloodwyne wrote:guy from my guild was just wondering how long it actually took mythic to develop daoc from scratch, anyone knows?

dont know, but at least uthgard downtime is already longer than daoc release to 1.65 release :-)
[R]Bloodwyne wrote:btw how was the dragon raid, was it exciting? What is the difference to uth1.0 dragon?

yeah it was exciting and funny :-)
first couple raids the dragon was far too easy, but later it looked stronger. but we wiped then because we didnt execute our tactics very well :D
check out my twitch vods for full coverage:
https://www.twitch.tv/analogehalluzinel ... 5?t=16m57s

only got time for three hours maximum on friday. maye you can sign me up as additional class.
#Signup Inodor, Bard - Friday 2nd. (3hours max)

From what I remember, a group of 40 well armed well RA'd folks could down the dragon. But usually it took like 100 people to tackle, using the wipe and rez in waves tactic.

Once we had a group of 200 on the live server, and got fire bombed at the start of the zone by a fly by after our scouts said the dragon was missing from its spawn.

In any case, it is generally harder to reverse engineer something perfectly than it is to create it from scratch.

And how the hell would cap gear make everyone start playing again? People didn't stop playing because they didn't have access to cap gear lol

dvonipaja
Myrmidon

Postby dvonipaja » Nov 30, 2016 23:25

Wasn't there suppose to be a breath attack each time there was someone crossing the border of the lair ? (with a reasonnable time difference between 2 breaths like 5/10 seconds to let more people pass through)

But yeah for 30/40 people like what i saw i think it should at least take something like 15/20 minutes of fight with "spread on breath" tactic and "solo fly on targeted breath"

I can't remember if there was an issue with the bonus to hit/to damage from attacking in numbers because it seemed to me that the animist shrooms where not hitting that much at some point and it reminded me of some difficulties we had on alb with theurgist flood pets not giving bonuses to melees on a keep lord (did not take any screen infos at the time and i did not have time / opportunity to check more on that :/...)

Shouldn't it be a smouth low curve ?

(trying to find back some infos :/ ... i think i remember a patch note giving the exact % bonus per attacker concerning magical pet or something like that)

http://camelotherald.wikia.com/wiki/Patch_Notes:_Version_1.46
Code: Select all
- Archers will hit more often in group situations - the group melee "to-hit" bonus has been increased

dvonipaja
Myrmidon

Postby dvonipaja » Dec 01, 2016 01:25

i think there was more than 4 groups on monday for the first test round :)

#signing up, Hero, archiflex

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Dec 01, 2016 01:54

Ensley03 wrote:How sad is it that since this has been down for 3 years, there's not even 2 groups available to test. :lol:

#nosignup

What a sad person you must be :lol:

cavesham
Banned

Postby cavesham » Dec 01, 2016 04:25

beta was packed in the beginning, but exp was 1x and there was no /level command, no starting money and no responses to any questions so everyone quit

what did you guys expect?

hope you can fix dragon but i dont care either way if its broken or not

Kazyo
Myrmidon

Postby Kazyo » Dec 01, 2016 07:30

[R]Bloodwyne wrote:
are you that IKEA guy who wrote me a love letter once?

YOLKD
Gryphon Knight

Postby YOLKD » Dec 01, 2016 11:08

welp i guess the NA crowd will never see a dragon kill
Koochi made the beta quit.

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » Dec 01, 2016 15:55

Dragons should be EPIC mobs, not what it was in Uth 1 and others freshards
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

PreviousNext