The Final Phase

Here you can comment on news articles.
Hibernianman1
Gryphon Knight

Postby Hibernianman1 » Aug 28, 2016 00:09

LSUChadk wrote:So I won't be playing until the release is out. Here is why.

I started "testing" about a month and a half ago. I30 was great, but Cale sucked. I did level most of my toons to lvl 35, but those that had been playing on this server for quite some time, of course had the twinked out characters that would rip everyone apart. Ok, no big deal, I can wait until I50 to show them!! Well, I am seeing stealthers take out 3 people in a single fight. It's pretty silly. I'm not complaining at all about stealthers, I am complaining about the maxed out gear vs the trash gear. Quite frankly, it's no fun to RVR when that kind of stuff happens. It's very frustrating.

So me and my brother, we decided we would level up some skills so that we to can be maxed out. We rolled up a couple of necros and started looking for gear, and gold. Not soon after, thinking we were making progress towards our goal, we realized that leveling up weaponcrafting, chain, spellcrafting, tailoring, and alchemy would probably take us close to 2 months of playing every day, only to wipe that progress out when we go live. Obviously that is not worth it.

Why not just have the ability to make crafting free? I don't mind sitting there clicking a button 1000's of times, as long as I know that I can get to where I am going and that it will be worth the time. I would put in the time in that scenario. Two months to compete in RVR only to be wiped, is not worth it at all. Right now I am playing Madden 17 and soon Destiny. Bleh.

You are in the majority. The staff want you to grind out LGM and gear farm in order to be able to compete because that is a form of testing. Unfortunately hardly anyone wants to do that so little is getting done in terms of player vs. player.

I am of the mindset that not everyone wants to participate in lvl 50 RvR. Some people enjoy PvE much more. Others enjoy crafting and templating. Some people are more RvR focued while others are more 8v8 and/or 1v1 focused.

I think players should be allowed to test what they enjoy doing with as much currency and gear as they need to do it. Not everyone wants to grind mobs. Not everyone wants to do professions. We're missing out on a ton of people who would be testing the beta.

I think it is a terrible idea to not allow players gear with maxed stats because they cannot test combat mechanics and player vs player properly. People need to know whether the damage of certain spells or melee lines are working correctly and that requires maximum stats. The current testing is insufficient. Even with access to max gear people will still test crafting, templating, leveling, loot tables, etc. Different things interest different people.

Oh well, that's the way it goes...

Glacier
Myrmidon

Postby Glacier » Aug 28, 2016 04:46

This is the internet. IMO you can't give people free stuff and not have them beg for more. I also think I30 was a bust and I50 should not have been announced.

On the flip side having the realm mostly to myself had it's perks :)

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Aug 28, 2016 18:32

These kids these days, they want to test beta not grind for hours and hours to test beta. Frankly they are lazy and degenerate and need to get off my lawn. Why when we played beta in my day, we had to grind uphill in the snow both ways.
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37632

Players can greatly contribute to a server if you let them.

Uthgard, still the best server. Thanks, Devs.

Hibernianman1
Gryphon Knight

Postby Hibernianman1 » Aug 28, 2016 20:53

relvinian wrote:These kids these days, they want to test beta not grind for hours and hours to test beta. Frankly they are lazy and degenerate and need to get off my lawn. Why when we played beta in my day, we had to grind uphill in the snow both ways.

I got a good laugh from this, thank you :)

dracain
Guardian

Postby dracain » Aug 29, 2016 05:15

I really have no idea where some of you people are coming from. Right now we're in beta. That means we're testing a piece of software, not playing a game.

You don't need capped gear to test software. You need controlled, repeatable circumstances. We currently have that. You need access to all features. As of i50, we have that.

Our job as beta testers is to make sure recently implemented features like dragons, keeps, and relics are working as intended. We're also meant to take a look at RAs right now as they weren't easy to test previously.

Testing RAs doesn't mean heading to emain and cracking skulls. It means hitting a training dummy over and over with logging on and comparing the results before and after using RAs. It means dueling with friends to make sure that Active RAs work correctly.

DAoC 1.65 wasn't a balanced game. It was fun, it was challenging, it was possible to win in any realm with any class under the right circumstances, but it sure wasn't balanced. Since the devs are trying to recreate that game, there really isn't any need, nor has there been a call, to test balance. At this point in the beta, the same can kind of be said for general gameplay. We know classes are now basically working as intended, that's what the last few months have all been about. We don't need perfect gear to go to emain and rvr a while to "test" uh, what, that it's fun to play?

What we need to do now is test the above-mentioned features, dragons, and relics along with the functionality of RAs in a controlled setting.

If people just want to play the beta, roll up a million twinks and rvr in emain then go ahead, you're not hurting anything; however, the second you start making demands of devs to give you an LGM crafter you're being counterproductive to getting the beta over and done with so the server can properly launch.

It's kind of ridiculous reading through the demands people are making in here. Give us LGM crafters so we can salvage... for what purpose? That has been tested and is working fine. crafting is working pretty well. Just sounds like a bunch of whining from people saying they want to test things, but really just want to play the game on easy mode.

Jafeeio
Myrmidon

Postby Jafeeio » Aug 29, 2016 05:31

dracain wrote:I really have no idea where some of you people are coming from. Right now we're in beta. That means we're testing a piece of software, not playing a game.

You don't need capped gear to test software. You need controlled, repeatable circumstances. We currently have that. You need access to all features. As of i50, we have that.

Our job as beta testers is to make sure recently implemented features like dragons, keeps, and relics are working as intended. We're also meant to take a look at RAs right now as they weren't easy to test previously.

It's kind of ridiculous reading through the demands people are making in here. Give us LGM crafters so we can salvage... for what purpose? That has been tested and is working fine. crafting is working pretty well. Just sounds like a bunch of whining from people saying they want to test things, but really just want to play the game on easy mode.

Are we existing in two different universes? Because in mine the playerbase has spoken and the amount of players currently playing is not enough to facilitate dragon raids and relic raids. How about giving players what they want AND get testing done?

I guarantee you that over 95% of players is never going to read your post because they logged in, saw crappy gear and no way to get to the capital and logged out again, never to be seen again until launch. The train has left the station.

If you want to salvage this i50 you need to make major changes.

Kazyo
Myrmidon

Postby Kazyo » Aug 29, 2016 05:33

So much "testing" to be done after a server wipe and 2 years of downtime.

I guess I'll wait for the Live launch, and if I'm lucky, I will have lost interest in DAoC all together.

Kazyo
Myrmidon

Postby Kazyo » Aug 29, 2016 05:35

Jafeeio wrote:
I guarantee you that over 95% of players is never going to read your post because they logged in, saw crappy gear and no way to get to the capital and logged out again, never to be seen again until launch. The train has left the station.

I did this earlier this afternoon :lol: :lol:

Austerim
Alerion Knight

Postby Austerim » Aug 29, 2016 06:54

I logged in today and got a mostly cap template and plats. 8)
[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> You have to be a c*** to be awesome at daoc
[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> that's what I learnt
[3:11pm] <Frosty_> then why does austerim suck
lordgriffon wrote:Oh by the way... ever seen a group of 8 smite clerics? Or play against a group like that? I have. Absolute devastation. The group that runs up against them can't kill them fast enough because smite clerics have sooooooo many tools at their disposal combined with decent ranged damage with 8 of them dudes doing it!

dblaha86
Myrmidon

Postby dblaha86 » Aug 29, 2016 10:07

Sweet old dupe bug, players will be handing out free templates and lgm crafters before staff does.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hibernianman1
Gryphon Knight

Postby Hibernianman1 » Aug 29, 2016 13:38

Jafeeio wrote:
dracain wrote:I really have no idea where some of you people are coming from. Right now we're in beta. That means we're testing a piece of software, not playing a game.

Are we existing in two different universes? Because in mine the playerbase has spoken and the amount of players currently playing is not enough to facilitate dragon raids and relic raids. How about giving players what they want AND get testing done?

You are exactly right. Nobody wants to invest hundreds of hours in order to test mechanics that could be tested in minutes.

Celteen
Alerion Knight

Postby Celteen » Aug 29, 2016 13:50

You should look for cheap temps in housing oO
<<< This avatar is handmade by Inotor Wurzelbert : )
Check out the Mampfer-Threads for more.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25079
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26934

Scrooge
Myrmidon

Postby Scrooge » Aug 30, 2016 06:57

Are there any news regarding progress towards releasing Shrouded Isles zones to be tested in the near future?
Scrooge <Insanity>
Vondas <Fury>

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Aug 30, 2016 09:18

Scrooge wrote:Are there any news regarding progress towards releasing Shrouded Isles zones to be tested in the near future?

SI is a closed project for now. Our only focus is getting the server ready for relaunch, which does not include SI. SI will be looked at when we are comfortable with the classic zones.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

Warjon
Gryphon Knight

Postby Warjon » Aug 31, 2016 00:53

Trishin wrote:
Scrooge wrote:Are there any news regarding progress towards releasing Shrouded Isles zones to be tested in the near future?

SI is a closed project for now. Our only focus is getting the server ready for relaunch, which does not include SI. SI will be looked at when we are comfortable with the classic zones.

Shouldn't have released the SI toons then. They take more away from a realm than they add.

PreviousNext

Return to News