News about the beta and the future

Here you can comment on news articles.
relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Aug 12, 2016 16:51

Njor wrote:
Dwan wrote:
Cipherr wrote:The rabid opposition to a working map is amazing to me. Even more so from someone who claims to not even have played the game back at release. You dont even have nostalgia to point to as a reason for being against it. Adding it does absolutely NOTHING to your gaming experience, nor mine. But it does help create a slightly better chance that more casual gamers will stick around longer and eventually hit 50 and rvr.

Being against something that would only help the server while having zero drawbacks is borderline insane. Its also inconsistent, because seemingly none of the 'hardcore' players against maps, seem to be in favor of removing autoloot: which ALSO wasn't in during 1.65. A minor convenience being able to autoloot. How exactly does one separate that from the minor convenience of NOT having to window out to view a map?

Well said my friend. Very well said.

in case you two didn't get the message so far, map will be in, work in progress, no gps dot though

cheers

In case you didn't miss it, the map was working before the devs messed with it. And it can be working again in 30 seconds. The fact they want to put another type of map in without the gps dot is the problem. They are literally insane and completely out of touch with what players want. Players want to have fun, period. Anything causing more work is not fun.

You have stuff that worked fine that is now broken like map and lfg and then you got stuff that doesn't work but its not being worked on because of stupid ****** like maping a map to replace the map that used to work?
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37632

Players can greatly contribute to a server if you let them.

Uthgard, still the best server. Thanks, Devs.

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Aug 12, 2016 17:04

didnt you say like 100map posts ago sth like that:
relvinian wrote:this is my last post, bye bye. send me a msg when map gets back into the game.

maybe stick to it and enjoy sth you like? Obviously you wont like Uthgard, just move on. In WoW they have a very good map i heard.
Last edited by pweet on Aug 12, 2016 17:05, edited 1 time in total.

Galandriel3
Gryphon Knight

Postby Galandriel3 » Aug 12, 2016 17:04

relvinian = viva, a frustrated old man : ///
[12:46] <Roundhouse_> actualy galandriel and blackbeard the master challenges out on heavytanks
[23:52] <Skarz> u are best skald i seen for long time

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Aug 12, 2016 20:27

147 playing 37 on hib right now, sort of prime time.

Why would i give all this up?

megatron
Gryphon Knight

Postby megatron » Aug 12, 2016 21:09

Bebop wrote:All these my dad is stronger than your dad comments on this thread got me rolling, but can we get a post FROM A GM OR DEV on i50 eta or any updates?

I am so Casual, never been a hard X core enough to not type /map
10,000 players online in my wet dreams
This game has zero chance of pulling in ANY new players
megatron posts in general

I went ahead and updated my profile pic so you can find my posts easier... You're welcome.

Go F'n Live already folks!!!

dblaha86
Myrmidon

Postby dblaha86 » Aug 13, 2016 06:42

These forums are so much fun that going live will now be a big let down no matter what

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

eredinger
Guardian

Postby eredinger » Aug 15, 2016 07:25

54 players on....Wonder how many bugs will be found at this population.

Celteen
Alerion Knight

Postby Celteen » Aug 15, 2016 11:26

eredinger wrote:54 players on....Wonder how many bugs will be found at this population.

54 testers are more than enough :idea:
<<< This avatar is handmade by Inotor Wurzelbert : )
Check out the Mampfer-Threads for more.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25079
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26934

Makish
Gryphon Knight

Postby Makish » Aug 15, 2016 12:19

just check the tracker, 90% of the issues comes from the same ppl anyway..
Ololofeld - BD - Lyo/Mid

ACrispyTaco
Myrmidon

Postby ACrispyTaco » Aug 15, 2016 15:57

I hate to be THAT guy but if you don't have the entire DAoC map memorized by now and you aren't able to navigate it by landmarks alone... you've been playing the wrong game your whole life.

Personally I haven't needed a map since the little paper one I got in the DAoC retail box, but If you need a map to play the game why not just pull it up on a second monitor? Everyone should have a 2nd monitor at this point, it's pretty standard.

"I want the devs to spend lots of time adding a map to the game that wasn't there originally because I'm too lazy to go buy a cheap 2nd monitor"

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Aug 15, 2016 16:52

ACrispyTaco wrote:I hate to be THAT guy but if you don't have the entire DAoC map memorized by now and you aren't able to navigate it by landmarks alone... you've been playing the wrong game your whole life.

Personally I haven't needed a map since the little paper one I got in the DAoC retail box, but If you need a map to play the game why not just pull it up on a second monitor? Everyone should have a 2nd monitor at this point, it's pretty standard.

"I want the devs to spend lots of time adding a map to the game that wasn't there originally because I'm too lazy to go buy a cheap 2nd monitor"

The map is in the game already the devs remarked it out so it doesn't work. They broke a working map and they can fix it with almost no effort.

Galandriel3
Gryphon Knight

Postby Galandriel3 » Aug 15, 2016 17:17

relvinian = viva, a frustrated old man : ///
[12:46] <Roundhouse_> actualy galandriel and blackbeard the master challenges out on heavytanks
[23:52] <Skarz> u are best skald i seen for long time

isocleas2
Gryphon Knight

Postby isocleas2 » Aug 15, 2016 17:34

ACrispyTaco wrote:
but If you need a map to play the game why not just pull it up on a second monitor? Everyone should have a 2nd monitor at this point, it's pretty standard.

"I the devs to spend lots of time adding a map to the game that wasn't there originally because I'm too lazy to go buy a cheap 2nd monitorwant "

90% of hardcore gamers and techies have a 2nd monitor but this is an old game with a lot of older casual players, so expecting your player base to buy a 2nd monitor just to use a map seems a bit arrogant.

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Aug 15, 2016 18:16

Can we stop this map discussion? We already said they would be put in the game. There is nothing to discuss frankly. Spend your time on something that actually might have an impact is my piece of advice.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

Equade
Gryphon Knight

Postby Equade » Aug 15, 2016 19:48

Forgive my laziness in searching for this information, but I am _really_ keen to find out how the attack timers will work;

1. Instant or delayed style? I remember having been through both on Uthgard and I by far like the instant style waaay better than the delayed one. It is a QoL issue that I hold as near to my heart as armor padding :D

2. Follow-up styles. Will they have to be landed as soon as the swingspeed timer reaches 0, or is there time to disengage and then follow up for a period of time or Indefinitely?
[EDIT] To elaborate, I mean: If you have swingspeed at cap, 1.5s, and you use a sidestyle, will one have to do the followup after 1.5s, or can the followup be anytime within a timeframe thereafter? Like after 3 seconds? Or indefinitely, as long as the precursor (on the same target) is in place?

I am pretty certain there was a delay back on live, and I am advocating against myself here as I hated it, which is why timing stuff like assassin PA could be troublesome, especially when trying to PA someone on a horse
Uth1: Equade rr10 ranger, Fight rr7 sb, Sinwar rr6 thane
Genesis: Swift rr7 champ, Reaperinho rr6 vw, Sinwar rr5 eld
Uth2: NS, VW and Eld

PreviousNext

Return to News