Formerly known as
Touareg- RR10 noobVW on Uth1.
Crossfire- RR7 noobAnimist on Uth1.
Ohnoes- RR9 noobAnimist on Lolgins.

Click this LINK if you want to see the truth about Hibernia

cammes
Myrmidon

Postby cammes » Aug 16, 2016 12:50

Mh the flammers still her and dont leave uthgard ingame and in forum i cant realy understand this . Plz leave then and all are happy

Harrkam
Guardian

Postby Harrkam » Aug 16, 2016 14:33

15 days ago, we talked about any ETA or anoucement about i50.
Holidays are going to end in two weeks.
And we're still in blur.
Can we get some news Trishin ? :)

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Aug 16, 2016 15:57

Please stay patient, news will come when they are ready. Hopefully soon obviously.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

Galandriel3
Gryphon Knight

Postby Galandriel3 » Aug 16, 2016 16:26

take your time, dont get annoyed just because of a bunch of basement nerds :grin:
[12:46] <Roundhouse_> actualy galandriel and blackbeard the master challenges out on heavytanks
[23:52] <Skarz> u are best skald i seen for long time

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Aug 16, 2016 16:35

I will give the devs props for one thing sincerely, more than one thing considering their hard work and their programming skill, they don't actually tell people they cannot speak.

They do lock some threads and they do fail to listen to their players but they don't tell people if you disagree don't play or shut up or blame anyone who disagrees or call people names. That is the job of a few of the players here. Crushing dissent.

The devs do actually allow people to express their opinions and don't silence them. I want to say that believe it or not I do respect the devs in many areas a good deal and appreciate their work.

What people may fail to understand is that I want to play on a thriving server and I'm not one of those players who memorizes maps or knows from experience where I am. I can also see that new or casual players might want a map. So I try and fight for that position.

The devs basically decided to put in a map without the gps dot. They will spend all this time and effort and coding time that could be used for many many many other things to do so. Why?

I'm 47 and have many issues, but admitting I am wrong is not one of them. Convince me with logic that people will quit because there is a gps dot or somehow the server will improve without the gps dot. Convince me that a new player or a casual player will be on even footing with someone that played for 15 years and rvr a lot as far as knowing where they are. Because during 1.65 the game was new to everyone and that is not the case now. So there is no logical good old day feeling when a portion of the population has navigation memorized and a portion does not. In the old days everyone learned together. There is a working map with a working gps dot. Leaving it in would not harm the "feel" of 1.65. The vets don't need it and the new players or casuals can use it to compete better. We know hardcore players will always have an advantage.

I have laid out a logical argument as to why the map with gps dot which is already in the code and working and which requires no coding time is best for the server.

Counter my argument. You can't except with a few weak arguments that don't hold water.
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37632

Players can greatly contribute to a server if you let them.

Uthgard, still the best server. Thanks, Devs.

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Aug 16, 2016 16:40

cammes wrote:Mh the flammers still her and dont leave uthgard ingame and in forum i cant realy understand this . Plz leave then and all are happy

Because I love daoc and want to play on a thriving server that allows more than one style of play and is not just for 8 man vets but also for casual and pve types, like myself.

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Aug 16, 2016 17:30

relvinian wrote:The devs basically decided to put in a map without the gps dot. They will spend all this time and effort and coding time that could be used for many many many other things to do so. Why?

I have laid out a logical argument as to why the map with gps dot which is already in the code and working and which requires no coding time is best for the server.

Counter my argument. You can't except with a few weak arguments that don't hold water.

There is no counter argument besides the fact that what you describe, is not our goal or vision. Our goal is not to create the perfect casual friend daoc version there is. Our vision is to create DAoC as of patch 1.65, good and bad. I understand you won't accept this as an argument, but that is the premise of the server and we stick to that. Could you argue that the server would be different with another vision (possibly better, possibly worse depending on who you ask), sure. But that is not up for debate and it never will be. That fact you can accept, or you can not, but it is none the less the situation we are in. No one can counter argue you, if you do not accept the premise of the server.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » Aug 16, 2016 18:43

Relvinian, I start to ask me how you ever played DAoC before maps were introduced with New Frontiers. Seriously.

We all were casuals and noobs when DAoC started and I for one had not the need to have a minimap back then. It added to the immersion to navigate inside the landscapes and the human brain quickly learned that easily. Nobody ever stopped playing because there was no map. Some players began to draw maps and to fill mob infos into it. That was nice to have sure, but more so because you had an idea where to level or find some mob.

On a personal note I admit that I hate mini maps. Its a different game when you play with them or without. Even worse are quest markers on mini maps in modern games.

You will not see the GPS dot on Uthgard. Thats a fact to be accepted. We target a classic experience which didn't have that. As compromise and good-will we accepted the request to have passive maps for reference in the UI. If somebody needs a map to compete as you say he has already lost the fight.
It's done when it's done. Thanks for your patience.
Every bug gets fixed. Sooner or later.

"It is an inescapable law of nature that the amount of satisfaction one gains from achieving something
is related to how hard it is and easy things can only elicit a fleeting superficial sort of pleasure."

Blue says, "you used macro tools or macro keyboard"
Pala says, "i am disabled. and i have a mechanic left hand that can be programed. its hard to play woith one hand"

[Appeal] Bxxxxxxxx: "why is RA first aid cann man i stealth use and not unstealth cann man ra if man use unstealth ?????????"
BannedUser: "i was not using automate game action my hand was fall on keyboard during i was sleep .... i was completly fall on keyboard ..."

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Aug 16, 2016 19:17

Trishin and Blue,

Thanks for the response. I guess we have to agree to disagree, and no doubt you can't please everyone and are wise not to try to please everyone. However, you do have a narrow vision for this server and if you widened your vision a tiny bit there would not only be room for all the hardcore 1.65 players but also there would be more casual players. The MMOG stands for Massive, and there is a big difference between a Massive server with 1000 prime players and 400 peak players.

In my vision for uthgard or daoc free server, I want lots and lots of people playing and lots of play styles encouraged. PVE, PVP, group, solo, hardcore, and casual, and even some BG casual pvp.

I sincerely wish to say that minor tweaking, in my opinion, would put the massive in MMOG for Uthgard. And not doing so, in my opinion, is like leaving money on the table after a deal or winning gambling. You walk away with less than could have been.

Map, LFG, BG bind, simple easy, and it would make all the difference. You are leaving money laying on the table.

megatron
Gryphon Knight

Postby megatron » Aug 16, 2016 19:32

You wanna hear my opinion on maps... If implementing maps is holding up the go-live date then leave em out.

Previous

Return to News