News about the beta and the future

Here you can comment on news articles.
barto22
Phoenix Knight

Postby barto22 » Aug 15, 2016 22:04

Trishin wrote:Can we stop this map discussion? We already said they would be put in the game. There is nothing to discuss frankly. Spend your time on something that actually might have an impact is my piece of advice.
So where is it then? Why is it not in already if it's already been sorted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My mind’s made up, don’t confuse me with facts.
You mustn't assume that your personal situation is a reflection of every other person that has logged in to Uthgard.

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Aug 15, 2016 22:26

barto22 wrote:
Trishin wrote:Can we stop this map discussion? We already said they would be put in the game. There is nothing to discuss frankly. Spend your time on something that actually might have an impact is my piece of advice.

Because the main developer working on client modifications are inactive at the moment. This will obviously change from time to time and hopefully he will soon be back at work. This is something we do in our spare time, and sometimes some people have less/more amount of time to work on Uthgard. This is natural, and will happen from now to eternity.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Aug 16, 2016 00:25

Regular map or some lame map that doesn't show you where you are?
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37632

Players can greatly contribute to a server if you let them.

Uthgard, still the best server. Thanks, Devs.

Njor
Eagle Knight

Postby Njor » Aug 16, 2016 01:11

relvinian wrote:

but the lame map is the one which shows you where you are :D

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Aug 16, 2016 01:23

relvinian wrote:

You know that we have already told you the answer to it - so here we are wasting everyone's time again answering it: MAP will return without dots that show player positions.

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Aug 16, 2016 01:52

I feel with the admins . You must ve strong mental power to withstand telling ppl that they are acting like 5years old all the time...

Secos
Warder

Postby Secos » Aug 16, 2016 02:51

Abydos wrote:
relvinian wrote:

You know that we have already told you the answer to it - so here we are wasting everyone's time again answering it: MAP will return without dots that show player positions.

Why can't we have the dots? What was wrong with it in 1.0? Why are we taking away QOL features that were already apart of the server previously?

barto22
Phoenix Knight

Postby barto22 » Aug 16, 2016 03:01

Trishin wrote:
barto22 wrote:

Because the main developer working on client modifications are inactive at the moment. This will obviously change from time to time and hopefully he will soon be back at work. This is something we do in our spare time, and sometimes some people have less/more amount of time to work on Uthgard. This is natural, and will happen from now to eternity.

I understand this is a hobby and it's also free for us to enjoy. However, I feel that some transparency between you and us is certainly not too much to ask for. You say that the developers are inactive at the moment, and that's fine, but the map has not been working for the entire duration of the beta. I was under the impression that it was such a simple thing to implement that it was just a case of activating it. If the answer or outcome was clear then why was this not achieved before the launch of the beta? This could be said about a few other bits too.

My mind’s made up, don’t confuse me with facts.
You mustn't assume that your personal situation is a reflection of every other person that has logged in to Uthgard.

Abydos
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Abydos » Aug 16, 2016 03:16

It is not a simple thing to put in without dots. As a workaround, you're free to add in your own maps using one of the custom UI windows. In fact, if the community wants to do that and send me the UI files I'll consider just slapping those on the patcher and being done with it.

Pirate
Myrmidon

Postby Pirate » Aug 16, 2016 03:22

pweet wrote:I feel with the admins . You must ve strong mental power to withstand telling ppl that they are acting like 5years old all the time...

I was just thinking this exact thing.

I truly appreciate all the work the Uthgard team does, solely because you love the game. It's too bad there are so many people that feel entitled to have the game tailor-made as they want it.

megatron
Gryphon Knight

Postby megatron » Aug 16, 2016 03:55

This is my daily "can we get i50" / "can we go live already"... post. Being that the main dev is busy with life I think we should get to start testing level 50 stuff since thats the end game... I think we've put in plenty of 30+ bugs and now we need to start working on the rest.

sorry for the repetition but I log in every day and haven't found anything new to report so I just say whats on my mind...which is i50/go-live.

Love what you guys are doing and cant wait to get started for real.

playfull
Myrmidon

Postby playfull » Aug 16, 2016 04:35

any word on i50? 2 weeks into august

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Aug 16, 2016 05:40

Abydos wrote:It is not a simple thing to put in without dots. As a workaround, you're free to add in your own maps using one of the custom UI windows. In fact, if the community wants to do that and send me the UI files I'll consider just slapping those on the patcher and being done with it.

As a work around why don't you put in the map the way it was. It worked fine, was a qol issue for players. There is no good old 1.65 there are people who are experts who played 15 years and a few not so experts. Now that is a disparity and then all were on equal footing. So put the map in and fix the disparity. Someone who played 15 years has many advantages over a new player do they also need to know where stuff is and the new player has no clue? Or if everyone should already know? Then what is the problem?

Stop wasting time on development, stop ignoring at least 1/3 of the players and just put the damn map and lfg back in.

And it doesn't matter how many times you have to tell someone if they are wrong. Wrong is wrong. And also do you like players? Population? Or is this something like a vanity project?
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37632

Players can greatly contribute to a server if you let them.

Uthgard, still the best server. Thanks, Devs.

Celteen
Alerion Knight

Postby Celteen » Aug 16, 2016 08:46

A GPS would be quite handy and would definitely do some good for casuals.
But as they said multiple times already they won't do it.
So get out of here or even better get out of your room once in a while take a deep breath and stick to your own words:
revilian wrote:this is my last post, bye bye. send me a msg when map gets back into the game.
<<< This avatar is handmade by Inotor Wurzelbert : )
Check out the Mampfer-Threads for more.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25079
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26934

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Aug 16, 2016 10:30

relvinian wrote:Stop wasting time on development, stop ignoring at least 1/3 of the players...

I conclude, Uthgard has max 3 active players.

PreviousNext

Return to News