Survey Results

Here you can comment on news articles.
-l- Edgtho -l-
Gryphon Knight

Postby -l- Edgtho -l- » Jun 10, 2016 08:36

i was happy to see no map and no broadchat.
also i was happy to know that uth staff would never change that (as far as i knew them).
now i am sad.

(for me you could even implement the old keyboard settings!! most people wouldnt be able to play 5 minutes with those xD)

Lasastard
Phoenix Knight

Postby Lasastard » Jun 10, 2016 08:40

I personally wasn't aware of the survey, so I would question how much it reflects opinions among players (as I am guessing many missed this too).

That being said, leave the map switched off for all I care. It literally takes a day to get used to it and that's that. All this "follow the yellow brick road" stuff that games do these days is insulting anyway. There hasn't been any game since DAoC for me that I had such "map knowledge" of, just because there wasn't a map in the early days. If everything fails, you can always...you know...ask someone.

Celteen
Alerion Knight

Postby Celteen » Jun 10, 2016 10:30

The no map was kinda awesome, but too many new kids on the block complaining about it :P
They could have ordered a LED illuminated OF map from Inotor if they struggle finding the way.
Sry no GPS back during the medieval :grin:
<<< This avatar is handmade by Inotor Wurzelbert : )
Check out the Mampfer-Threads for more.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=25079
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26934

Capass7x1
Myrmidon

Postby Capass7x1 » Jun 10, 2016 16:56

As far as I'm concerned, if you didn't know about the survey that's your own fault. Short of sending an email to all accounts advertising it's existence, they did what they could to put it out there.

Definitely moreso than spamming a forum post beckoning people to go and vote in an issue tracker that wasn't intended to be used as a popularity survey

Zakoraya
Gryphon Knight

Postby Zakoraya » Jun 10, 2016 19:42

TheKrokodil wrote:Thank you all for participating in our survey. You can find the results from the survey >> over here <<.

• Given the choice between adding support for Win XP or Linux, we'd prefer linux (12% of users asked for this [vs] 9% for Win XP, and Linux distros are getting regular security updates).

Will there be support for people connecting with Mac systems? :)

Lasastard
Phoenix Knight

Postby Lasastard » Jun 11, 2016 00:51

Capass7x1 wrote:As far as I'm concerned, if you didn't know about the survey that's your own fault. Short of sending an email to all accounts advertising it's existence, they did what they could to put it out there.

Definitely moreso than spamming a forum post beckoning people to go and vote in an issue tracker that wasn't intended to be used as a popularity survey

If they really wanted a representative view of the communities opinion on these points, that is exactly what they should have done imho. I had to go back to the news post and specifically look for the link to the survey buried in a block of text.

That being said, I dont feel that the issues they wanted feedback on are in any way going to affect my enjoyment of the game one way or the other. I am merely amused that people seem to have strong reactions over there being no ingame map, that's all.

barto22
Phoenix Knight

Postby barto22 » Jun 11, 2016 10:00

Capass7x1 wrote:As far as I'm concerned, if you didn't know about the survey that's your own fault. Short of sending an email to all accounts advertising it's existence, they did what they could to put it out there.

Considering that the entirety of the community play the game and only a handful use the forum and read the new post i think common sense would have told them to put a message in the changelog or the motd. Why would anybody read the news post that hadn't been updated for over 2 weeks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My mind’s made up, don’t confuse me with facts.
You mustn't assume that your personal situation is a reflection of every other person that has logged in to Uthgard.

Sethor
Alerion Knight

Postby Sethor » Jun 11, 2016 19:38

barto22 wrote:

Considering that the entirety of the community play the game and only a handful use the forum and read the new post i think common sense would have told them to put a message in the changelog or the motd. Why would anybody read the news post that hadn't been updated for over 2 weeks?

It also should be common sense that members of a community can make use of given communication platforms to stay informed.

Assuming that you are an avid member of the Uthgard community, this forum is a great place to stay up to date. It only requires you to actually read the new postings and topics. And the best thing ... unread threads are marked in the forum list.

Gesendet von meinem C6603 mit Tapatalk
Characters:
Midgard: Nothing atm
Albion: Nothing atm
Hibernia: suxx ^^

barto22
Phoenix Knight

Postby barto22 » Jun 11, 2016 19:41

Not worth trying to cover up a silly mistake Sethor.

My mind’s made up, don’t confuse me with facts.
You mustn't assume that your personal situation is a reflection of every other person that has logged in to Uthgard.

Caemma
Phoenix Knight

Postby Caemma » Jun 12, 2016 17:30

276 votes on 12463 accounts created...
Well, i'm sure that everyone of those players have been properly informed :roll:
There was a time when Uthgard 1.0 existed and maaaany toons and arrpees arose... but now:
ImageImageImage

riad
Banned

Postby riad » Jun 12, 2016 20:05

Caemma wrote:276 votes on 12463 accounts created...
Well, i'm sure that everyone of those players have been properly informed :roll:

so? it's the same people that ask if beta characters remain.

instead of just clicking your way through stuff, learn to read. it's awesome.

TheKrokodil
Alerion Knight

Postby TheKrokodil » Jun 13, 2016 01:05

We gave you the option to give us your opinion in a very obvious way; if you didn't, then that is your fault. :D
Be nice. :)

Zaya
Myrmidon

Postby Zaya » Jun 13, 2016 02:00

I'm glad you gave us the possibility to vote on important issues. Although I missed the survey, too, I still think it's a nice thing to involve players into the process and I appreciate that.

Keeping in mind that some people didn't see the announcement, maybe there is a way to optimize this for the next time. Otherwise we just have to read the news with more care :)

Regards,
Zaya

EClapu
INVADER

Postby EClapu » Jun 13, 2016 02:37

My huge issue with this is, HOW DID YOU MISS THE SURVEY? When I had down time, I found the survey pretty easily. Thanks for the opportunity. I will continue to keep making new toons, and leveling them to get those issue trackers done.

Bubbler
Gryphon Knight

Postby Bubbler » Jun 13, 2016 14:37

EClapu wrote:My huge issue with this is, HOW DID YOU MISS THE SURVEY? When I had down time, I found the survey pretty easily. Thanks for the opportunity. I will continue to keep making new toons, and leveling them to get those issue trackers done.

One main reason for missing the survey.

I don't look at the main page.

Other than logging in, which I still look at pretty much ONLY the play button. I type the address directly for the forum when I come to the forum. That's how it's missed, especially when the post on the front page isn't updated for awhile.

You can be upset for ppl missing the survey all you want. The end all be all is that not everyone here looks at the main page every time. If you want to ACTUALLY pole the community and not just pole the FANBOIS who sit on the webpage, then you need to either send an email to account email address or have people be directed to it upon login.

Sorry, but most folks DON'T LOOK AT YOUR WEBSITE EXCEPT TO PLAY.

It's a hard truth I know, but it is the truth. Stay Classy!
<Blood Feud>
Druid - Bubbler
Hero - Cramit
Enchanter - Rounder
Bard - Melody
BladeMaster - Crunch
Mentalist - Dottie

PreviousNext

Return to News