Survey Results

Here you can comment on news articles.
Shalindra
Warder

Postby Shalindra » Jun 14, 2016 19:01

Being that the game is still in BETA, why wouldn't you check the forums...

Thank you for the ability to vote, in the polls as well as with the issue tracker, I think its an awesome way to keep the population and GMs in touch, thank you!

TheKrokodil
Alerion Knight

Postby TheKrokodil » Jun 14, 2016 19:52

Bubbler wrote:
EClapu wrote:My huge issue with this is, HOW DID YOU MISS THE SURVEY? When I had down time, I found the survey pretty easily. Thanks for the opportunity. I will continue to keep making new toons, and leveling them to get those issue trackers done.

One main reason for missing the survey.

I don't look at the main page.

Other than logging in, which I still look at pretty much ONLY the play button. I type the address directly for the forum when I come to the forum. That's how it's missed, especially when the post on the front page isn't updated for awhile.

You can be upset for ppl missing the survey all you want. The end all be all is that not everyone here looks at the main page every time. If you want to ACTUALLY pole the community and not just pole the FANBOIS who sit on the webpage, then you need to either send an email to account email address or have people be directed to it upon login.

Sorry, but most folks DON'T LOOK AT YOUR WEBSITE EXCEPT TO PLAY.

It's a hard truth I know, but it is the truth. Stay Classy!

"There. I fixed it." -- I changed the launcher flow to include the main news page in it.

If you had reported bugs on the issue tracker, you also had to pass through the news page, so you should have seen the survey if you were helping us with our beta test.
Be nice. :)

Bubbler
Gryphon Knight

Postby Bubbler » Jun 14, 2016 19:58

TheKrokodil wrote:
Bubbler wrote:
EClapu wrote:My huge issue with this is, HOW DID YOU MISS THE SURVEY? When I had down time, I found the survey pretty easily. Thanks for the opportunity. I will continue to keep making new toons, and leveling them to get those issue trackers done.

One main reason for missing the survey.

I don't look at the main page.

Other than logging in, which I still look at pretty much ONLY the play button. I type the address directly for the forum when I come to the forum. That's how it's missed, especially when the post on the front page isn't updated for awhile.

You can be upset for ppl missing the survey all you want. The end all be all is that not everyone here looks at the main page every time. If you want to ACTUALLY pole the community and not just pole the FANBOIS who sit on the webpage, then you need to either send an email to account email address or have people be directed to it upon login.

Sorry, but most folks DON'T LOOK AT YOUR WEBSITE EXCEPT TO PLAY.

It's a hard truth I know, but it is the truth. Stay Classy!

"There. I fixed it." -- I changed the launcher flow to include the main news page in it.

If you had reported bugs on the issue tracker, I also had to pass through the news page, so you should have seen the survey if you were helping us with our beta test.

Awesome!
<Blood Feud>
Druid - Bubbler
Hero - Cramit
Enchanter - Rounder
Bard - Melody
BladeMaster - Crunch
Mentalist - Dottie

Kazyo
Myrmidon

Postby Kazyo » Jun 15, 2016 06:20

So.... textures argument over RvR?

Please tell me why you play a game from 2001 for textures.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

DaQueso
Myrmidon

Postby DaQueso » Jun 15, 2016 14:01

Kazyo wrote:So.... textures argument over RvR?

Please tell me why you play a game from 2001 for textures.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Aesthetics are part of what make the game great
Most of the ****** that was introduced in ToA and beyond looks bad or out of place

Torgo
Eagle Knight

Postby Torgo » Jun 16, 2016 15:36

I bet if you did the same survey again today you would get different answers than the original.

For example..maps.

When I started the Beta I was rusty and forgot many of the locations. However after finding a couple maps online and playing for a little while the whole "ingame map" thing is no longer a concern.

You've got a pretty mature Beta at this point. I think it might not be a bad idea to reset the survey and do it again.

grateful
INVADER

Postby grateful » Jun 16, 2016 23:56

beta is going to be a slow process....i'm not going to play until live

m-dtaro
Guardian

Postby m-dtaro » Jun 17, 2016 16:05

I think we can all agree it is good enough at this point anything else can be polished off in live! Can we move on to instant 50?! We can't take the grindfest anymore knowing that there will be no fruit to bare!!!!!
Commin-eyh-yaay-hawww

Caemma
Phoenix Knight

Postby Caemma » Jun 19, 2016 00:31

riad wrote:
Caemma wrote:276 votes on 12463 accounts created...
Well, i'm sure that everyone of those players have been properly informed :roll:

so? it's the same people that ask if beta characters remain.

instead of just clicking your way through stuff, learn to read. it's awesome.

What are you talking about dude, i guess you didn't got the meaning of it

meh
There was a time when Uthgard 1.0 existed and maaaany toons and arrpees arose... but now:
ImageImageImage

TheKrokodil
Alerion Knight

Postby TheKrokodil » Jun 19, 2016 01:49

Don't confuse created accounts with 28D daily active users.
Be nice. :)

Caemma
Phoenix Knight

Postby Caemma » Jun 19, 2016 03:59

TheKrokodil wrote:Don't confuse created accounts with 28D daily active users.

Wonder how much difference there is, like how many of those thousands accounts have been "decently active" during this beta?
There was a time when Uthgard 1.0 existed and maaaany toons and arrpees arose... but now:
ImageImageImage

Love me Babby
Myrmidon

Postby Love me Babby » Jun 23, 2016 04:03

At this rate i'm, thinking 2018 launch ?

Zaltor_Kabalen
Myrmidon

Postby Zaltor_Kabalen » Jun 23, 2016 09:02

As someone who hasn't actively played DAoC in years, outside of a brief stint on Genesis in 2012, I'm liking the server so far. I was mainly active during the years between 2001 and 2007, and I saw the major changes after 1.65 and TOA. I wish TOA could be implemented without artifacts and master levels, just so I could explore the regions again, but I'm sure that would be asking too much. I wish I could have put my two cents in on the poll, but I didn't have the chance. So far I'm enjoying the beta, but I think I feel like a lot of people do: there's little incentive to level to 50. I probably won't.

I definitely want to see STATIC maps, just so I don't have to alt-tab. For someone who might play on all three realm at some point, not having maps, and relearning all 3 realm's zones, would make the game a lot more complicated than it has to be. I'm also hoping that ROG items will return when Shrouded Isles is implemented into the testing. The drops are a little iffy right now; there's not much diversity.

Salisbury is still my most hated zone in the game...I hope Albion catches on fire. (Why am I playing Alb?) I also hope the Beta testing ends sooner than later. I think a lot of people are getting turned off due to the delays. The anticipation is killing me.
Last edited by Zaltor_Kabalen on Jun 23, 2016 09:19, edited 4 times in total.

Bisso
Guardian

Postby Bisso » Jun 23, 2016 10:58

Help me if I'm wrong...
But why shouldnt a normal map to be introduced with players locations?

I dont see any disadvantages in it, for anyone ...

dabri0n
Gryphon Knight

Postby dabri0n » Jun 23, 2016 11:15

Bisso wrote:Help me if I'm wrong...
But why shouldnt a normal map to be introduced with players locations?

I dont see any disadvantages in it, for anyone ...

12 years ago there was no map in the UI and people alt-tabbed out of game to look at valmerwolf or kirstenas maps. For nostalgia sake this is replicated (there is no other reason I believe).

Personally.. maps dont make or break the game for me. The game also doesn't take 1-2mins to alt-tab out of or into again like it was back then on my computer. And people have at least two monitors these days. So this should be a non issue.
uwu ~ orz
https://tinyurl.com/y75vcqqm

PreviousNext

Return to News