Survey Results

Here you can comment on news articles.
TheKrokodil
Alerion Knight

Postby TheKrokodil » Jun 05, 2016 19:34

Thank you all for participating in our survey. You can find the results from the survey >> over here <<.

You left us a ton of comments on how we can improve further, and what you want us to focus on. It would be too much to address each single comment here, but here's an excerpt of the common themes:

A few key points/realizations that we have taken from this survey:

• We will proceed with adding the static /map (75% of users asked for this)
• For now, we will leave the looks of the capitols cities and DF as they are (55% of users asked us to keep this)
• Given the choice between adding support for Win XP or Linux, we'd prefer linux (12% of users asked for this [vs] 9% for Win XP, and Linux distros are getting regular security updates).
• Worldbuilding and Quests are among the areas that still need most work, followed by in-game mechanics.

And to address also some of the common questions/sugggestions:

• Better filtering in the issue tracker: You can use the top search box for filtering by words, bug classification and type (just start typing; use the "All issues" section to get the best overview). The community also has started creating a per-realm view of the tracker by themselves (yay, great job!)

• Ability to re-open issues: Implemented. Reporters can now do this via a button click. We'll probably also give you the option to make issues closeable in the future.

• You also asked for more community involvement and transparency on our side. We'll try looking into it, and getting even better at it. We currently have some ideas brewing internally. Stay tuned for more :).

• No, we didn't delete the database from Uthgard v1; everything new is based upon it. We took what we had, and improved it from there. We do, in fact, still have backups from yesterday down to 2007.

• I50 and RvR focus will come once important issues such as the XP formula are fixed. We're working on it - Enthusiastically :)

Also, you might have noticed that we have changed the way on how you connect to Uthgard. The tl;dr for it is that we want to (a) make the flow more secure, and (b) prevent the ambiguity to which account you are logging on. There's more to it if you are interested in the background.

The small web-server downtime earlier today was caused by some missing isolation on the tasks running the server. Sorry for the inconvience; everything should be back up and running again now. We've isolated the error cause, and this exact error should not happen again.

Just now there was also a game-server outage that was caused by the game server exceeding the maximum number of live SQL connections during a world save (>100 connections), and not being able to recover from that, thus causing a mass LD.

Changes, experiments and smaller rollbacks are part of the beta experience :). Thank you for helping us test!

Stay tuned for more news
- Uthgard Staff
Be nice. :)

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Jun 05, 2016 20:12

So 25% don't want map and 75% want a nerfed map?

Good survey. What percentage of people want a working map if they had the option? Who knows?

How many programming hours went into breaking the map and will now go into making a new nerfed map?

How does that compare to say, SI?

Thank you, and have a nice day. See I can be nice.
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37632

Players can greatly contribute to a server if you let them.

Uthgard, still the best server. Thanks, Devs.

cheese01551
Gryphon Knight

Postby cheese01551 » Jun 05, 2016 20:15

where was this survey????

Nezix
Phoenix Knight

Postby Nezix » Jun 05, 2016 20:25

cheese01551 wrote:where was this survey????

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=37090

Help us decide - your opinion matters
Have a strong opinion on a feature? Help us gauge interest by filling out this form. We will take the results into consideration when prioritizing and making decisions, but we will also weight the result against how much effort it will take to implement - so no promises at this point.
Nezix - 50 Minstrel <The Band>

Merlin: Arthur, what is best in life?
Arthur: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their Lurikeens.

TheKrokodil
Alerion Knight

Postby TheKrokodil » Jun 05, 2016 20:41

relvinian wrote:So 25% don't want map and 75% want a nerfed map?
Good survey. What percentage of people want a working map if they had the option? Who knows?

This isn't a democracy. The Uthgard Staff still decides on the larger direction that the server is heading in, and you are welcome to play on any other server if that does not agree with you. We - as the staff - decided that we do not want the non-classic map showing player positions. That is why this option was not part of the survey.

How many programming hours went into breaking the map?

Five minutes.

How does that compare to say, SI?

SI takes significantly more than five minutes.

ascanet
Warder

Postby ascanet » Jun 05, 2016 21:06

I like the detailed write up. I am still slightly mystified as to the scope of beta. Are you looking to resolve all bugs the community reports or just the high severity ones, and then fix all lower severity bugs post launch?

As I am sure you are aware, the clearly defined goals of open beta help dictate how long beta will last.

-asca

conan_81
Guardian

Postby conan_81 » Jun 05, 2016 21:16

Indeed, visibility = 0 (and I read often the news)

kpax
Myrmidon

Postby kpax » Jun 05, 2016 21:23

first of whole big compliment to the uthgard team and the comunity. You guys did since now great job, and the improvement was really incredible.

It seems evrybody learned by the past and Uthgard 2.0 will be much bigger success then it has ever been.

Long live the galaxy of Camelot

Kpax

relvinian
Phoenix Knight

Postby relvinian » Jun 05, 2016 21:42

As always my compliments to the devs on their programming prowess. As to the map issue? Glad we are all in agreement.
https://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37632

Players can greatly contribute to a server if you let them.

Uthgard, still the best server. Thanks, Devs.

TheKrokodil
Alerion Knight

Postby TheKrokodil » Jun 05, 2016 21:53

conan_81 wrote:

Indeed, visibility = 0 (and I read often the news)

The survey was linked in the last news post. There was a whole section dedicated to it:
Help us decide - your opinion matters
Have a strong opinion on a feature? Help us gauge interest by filling out this form. We will take the results into consideration when prioritizing and making decisions, but we will also weight the result against how much effort it will take to implement - so no promises at this point.

You can still see it linked on the main page even right now.

ascanet wrote:I like the detailed write up. I am still slightly mystified as to the scope of beta. Are you looking to resolve all bugs the community reports or just the high severity ones, and then fix all lower severity bugs post launch?

As I am sure you are aware, the clearly defined goals of open beta help dictate how long beta will last.

-asca

We only aim for resolving high priority bugs and game-breaking behavior such as XP formula, crashes, ... during the beta. Low severity bugs are not that much of an issue to us (but we will still fix them if we are blocked on another issue and/or if a staff member cannot help with more high priority bugs, and is currently idle).

The one blocker right now is the XP formula; after that we can move on to testing the end game.

davidoof
Phoenix Knight

Postby davidoof » Jun 05, 2016 22:13

you did a very nice job in your freetime, i bow for that

just a question i cant nothing find about themes like warmap, xp bonus for df/rvr dungeons/fz and rp for keeps. can you pls say somehing about this. thank you

Tincho
Warder

Postby Tincho » Jun 05, 2016 22:24

@Devs: Your professionalism makes Uthgard what it is known for. Nothing more to say than thank you!

metolman
Warder

Postby metolman » Jun 06, 2016 00:03

Great Work Uthgard

hydric
Warder

Postby hydric » Jun 06, 2016 01:32

Wow... i check this site... litterly 2-3 times a day and had NO idea about any survey....

nonetheless... good news
<Rainbowned>
<Teen Mom>
<Virgins>

Gliss
Myrmidon

Postby Gliss » Jun 06, 2016 02:25

I didn't see it either. I would have put "Survey " somewhere in the title.
Currently playing on Hib/Uthgard: (Blood Feud) 50 Druid Gliss 50, 38 Warden Glliss, 50 Ment Glisseal,

Servers: Guin(Alb), all classic servers, Ywain
Realm: Guin(Alb), Classic(all 3), Ywain(all 3)
Guilds: Guin (Honored Circle, Vilgance),Classic(?),Ywain(SLC)

Characters:
Albs- Alaxx rr5 friar, Lillie rr5 minstrel, Zewky rr5 cleric
Hibs- Gliss rr10 druid, Glisseal rr9 eld, Zewk rr9 Hero, Zewks rr7 Warden
Mids- Glisseal rr6 Shaman,Blue rr6 Skald, Blueback rr6 runemaster

Next

Return to News