Your chance to help us out

Here you can comment on news articles.
conan_81
Guardian

Postby conan_81 » Jun 02, 2016 18:12

Hello! Can I help in any way to translate something in the game to Italian?

Bubbler
Gryphon Knight

Postby Bubbler » Jun 02, 2016 21:27

Njor wrote:
Cold Blooded wrote:Could we get a sticky of good vetted resources to troubleshoot bug reports?

I'd love to help but I'm new to DAOC in general. I don't have any recollection I can use to question things.

I can research current reports but I'm not always sure what's relevant for our patch level. Some links/pdfs to vetted sources would be amazing. Then I can compare what I find in game to these sources and at least note discrepancies.

agree, a sticky would be great

meanwhile, Capteo put together a library of sources/info > viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37085, certainly very helpful
also Bubbler is preparing some kind of document consolidating DAoC info

cheers

Hey, just an update. I put together a spread sheet of all issues from the tracker awaiting confirmation from the community that are sorted by realm. So they are all issues that need community feedback to be fixed or ignored.

I am updating it on the daily of all new issues, usually in the morning in EST times.

Organized New Tickets
<Blood Feud>
Druid - Bubbler
Hero - Cramit
Enchanter - Rounder
Bard - Melody
BladeMaster - Crunch
Mentalist - Dottie

Luner
Warder

Postby Luner » Jun 03, 2016 06:01

You guys are doing an amazing job!
Fain- Troll Skald

Luner
Warder

Postby Luner » Jun 03, 2016 07:29

I noticed that when running away from mobs and stealthing up to get rid of aggro the mob keeps chasing and attacks even while hidden , I don't know if this is working as intended or because I'm only lvl10 on my inf, with 6+ to stealth. Just FYI.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Fain- Troll Skald

Raifs
Gryphon Knight

Postby Raifs » Jun 03, 2016 08:08

That is working as intented, mobs/pets will keep chasing you even when you manage to get into stealth

Roenik
Banned

Postby Roenik » Jun 04, 2016 15:56

Luner wrote:You guys are doing an amazing job!

Too bad they couldnt have put the same effort into helping Genesis. Instead they chose to whine like a bunch of little ******.

Nayru
Developer
Developer

Postby Nayru » Jun 04, 2016 18:00

Roenik wrote:Too bad they couldnt have put the same effort into helping Genesis. Instead they chose to whine like a bunch of little ******.

Actually, they could have done the same instead of launching an own project. Yet these things happen in non-profit free time projects and with all due respect: These decisions are none of your business. Who is whining?

vadox
Banned

Postby vadox » Jun 04, 2016 22:48

Nayru wrote:
Roenik wrote:Too bad they couldnt have put the same effort into helping Genesis. Instead they chose to whine like a bunch of little ******.

Actually, they could have done the same instead of launching an own project. Yet these things happen in non-profit free time projects and with all due respect: These decisions are none of your business. Who is whining?

if genesis staff decided to help uthgard instead of launching their own project, you would not shut down for 2 years? in that case, you are right, i guess. and i don't think he meant Uthgard staff, Nayru

also what happened to data collected over 10 years of Uthgard 1.0? no one has a clear answer to that.

TheKrokodil
Alerion Knight

Postby TheKrokodil » Jun 04, 2016 23:15

We're using the same database as before. Just made more changes to it.
Be nice. :)

[R]Bloodwyne
Gryphon Knight

Postby [R]Bloodwyne » Jun 05, 2016 00:13

TheKrokodil wrote:
[R]Bloodwyne wrote:I see alot of issues have been resolved already and i applaud for that!

I am just a bit worried about a certain scenario where a group of people might report a bug that is not actually a bug but just a feature they want to have to their advantage. Issue is reported and like 10 people of the same group/community confirm it. How are you going to prevent abuses like that?

We count on you to also unconfirm/point out mistakes in issues :)

So you count on a group of people that find themselves together to proof fake reports like those are wrong? This group doesnt exist while there certainly could be the type of groups that i mentioned. Once an issue is confirmed (just by votes) it seems like there is rarely any counter evidence provided to the issue at the current state.

Gelik
INVADER

Postby Gelik » Jun 05, 2016 12:28

Hi,
i hope this is the right section for this.

The only Way to Launch Uthgard is via the Webpage, right?
I couldnt find any Reason why u changed it, but i do not like to Launch any Game via my Browser.
Is there any possibility to Launch it via Launcher, like before?

Greetings
Horscht

TheKrokodil
Alerion Knight

Postby TheKrokodil » Jun 05, 2016 16:20

No. http://blog.uthgard.org for the reasoning on why this change was necessary.

Gelik
INVADER

Postby Gelik » Jun 05, 2016 16:43

Well, thanks für that answer.

I must admit, I do understand some of that Points u have there and i might get myself to log in from here.

But may i make a request... Im kind of paranoid about the Internet, especially concerning the Web.
Would it be possible to use https for the uthgard website?

Greetings

wiljc3
Warder

Postby wiljc3 » Jun 05, 2016 17:16

I'm actually having an issue with the new launcher. Exactly half the time, I get a "1.65 injection failed" error and have to close and launch again. (Basically, it works once then fails the next time. I always have to launch the game twice to play.) I never had this issue prior to the update and I haven't changed anything. Unfortunately, I don't have any clue how to help with reproduction since I haven't changed anything. (Which is why I'm posting here instead of issue tracker.)

Is there a log file or something I can send to help out? It's pretty annoying, especially since it takes 90 seconds or so between the error message and the "Press ESC to exit" message.

TheKrokodil
Alerion Knight

Postby TheKrokodil » Jun 05, 2016 19:21

Gelik wrote:Well, thanks für that answer.

I must admit, I do understand some of that Points u have there and i might get myself to log in from here.

But may i make a request... Im kind of paranoid about the Internet, especially concerning the Web.
Would it be possible to use https for the uthgard website?

Greetings

Uthgard.org is using https://

wiljc3 wrote:I'm actually having an issue with the new launcher. Exactly half the time, I get a "1.65 injection failed" error and have to close and launch again. (Basically, it works once then fails the next time. I always have to launch the game twice to play.) I never had this issue prior to the update and I haven't changed anything. Unfortunately, I don't have any clue how to help with reproduction since I haven't changed anything. (Which is why I'm posting here instead of issue tracker.)

Is there a log file or something I can send to help out? It's pretty annoying, especially since it takes 90 seconds or so between the error message and the "Press ESC to exit" message.

This is unrelated to the play button, but potentially related to a different, recent launcher change. I have an idea of what I can try to fix this, stay tuned.

PreviousNext

Return to News