The war on bugs has begun!

Here you can comment on news articles.
Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » May 06, 2016 20:00

The Uthgard Beta will begin tomorrow!

We would like to remind you of a few things, before it gets crazy tomorrow.

First of all, this is an open BETA which means that you will find that things may be broken or unfinished. Do not expect a perfect game experience or for everything to be as you expect in a completed product. The finishing of the server is a progress, which we need you guys to participate in order to complete to the standard required for a relaunch.

Secondly, no progress will be saved, which means that we can and will wipe the server during the beta. Either to simulate the relaunch progress, or to get rid of bugs. Once the beta is over and we want to relaunch the game, all progress will again be wiped so everyone starts on equal footing. So to stress it one final time: No progress will be saved, and no one will get a head start.

Speaking of bugs, our priority is still the same objectives mentioned in our announcement about the countdown for beta:

Login procedure: We want to ensure that it is easy to connect, and that no errors are to be found in this procedure
Progression: We want to ensure that progression is as close to 1.65 as possible, which means that we want to make sure that players are given the right amount of exp, the right amount of money, items, realm points etc while leveling. If you notice anything that looks like very slow progression, or very fast progression. Please let us know so we can adjust drop rates, xp gain, etc.

Pathing: We are the first freeshard to provide our players with fully functioning pathing, which we are very proud of. However this also means that there is a high risk of bugs still being present in our pathing system.
Class abilities: All classes have been completed while we were down, and while our testers have done a great job finding bugs with the affected classes, we want to make sure that they are working correctly. On top of that all classes have received new realm abilities, these also need thorough testing, as bugged abilities here can have major impact on the game balance.

RvR system: Our entire keep and relic system (along with our siege weapons) have been reconstructed. We need all functionalities of these to be tested as much as possible.

Exploitable bugs: While this could apply to all of the above, we are very interested in getting rid of all exploitable bugs. While it might be fun for a few players to abuse these bugs, it is important for the servers wellbeing that we get rid of these bugs as soon as possible. If we want Uthgard to live for a long time, we need to make sure no one can get an unfair advantage by abusing bugs. This might be the most important issue to investigate, and we hope our testers will do their best to find as many of these as possible and report them. Some examples of exploit: (a) a monster spawns in a place where it can be attacked but will not attack back. (b) an item can be salvaged for very high amount of materials.

If you do find anything that needs to be reported we have created a new bugtracker for our new website. The bugtracker should explain itself, but if you have any questions, please ask away so we can clear up any uncertainties.

Finally, we acknowledge that from now on it will be a daily question from our players of when we plan to relaunch. And to that we can only say: "That is entirely up to you". The more time you spend finding bugs, the better of an overview will we have of major bugs on the server that needs to be resolved before we can consider a relaunch. Will that mean we will not relaunch as long as there are bugs on the server? No. But it means we want to make sure no major bugs are present that we can't fix later. Here we are particularly interested in the topics mentioned previously (exploitable bugs, rvr system, progression, and pathing).

With that out of the way, here is a link for how to connect to Uthgard: Getting started. Please follow the procedure now so we can spread some of the traffic out onto more hours.

Welcome back to Uthgard tomorrow! Please have fun, and let's get this done!

Your Uthgard Staff.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

Galandriel3
Gryphon Knight

Postby Galandriel3 » May 06, 2016 20:29

beta way too long!
[12:46] <Roundhouse_> actualy galandriel and blackbeard the master challenges out on heavytanks
[23:52] <Skarz> u are best skald i seen for long time

Jerrian
Phoenix Knight

Postby Jerrian » May 06, 2016 20:35

Fifield2
Warder

Postby Fifield2 » May 06, 2016 22:19

im too excited for this, I feel like a kid at christmas

Pirate
Myrmidon

Postby Pirate » May 06, 2016 22:35

Woot! Damn it's been too long since I've played DAOC. Gonna be so nice to see all the old lands that I have many fond memories of :grin:

DearyoDrum
Myrmidon

Postby DearyoDrum » May 06, 2016 22:57

Taking bets on over under for a four month beta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dearyo Drum
<Rare> - Midgard
Realm ranks don't cure stupid.

Ouga
Guardian

Postby Ouga » May 07, 2016 00:25

Reporting back: Panda Internet security 2016 gives a virus message for uthgard launcher and blocks it

vangonaj
Alerion Knight

Postby vangonaj » May 07, 2016 00:29

I hope tommorow will not be cap population problem.

dblaha86
Myrmidon

Postby dblaha86 » May 07, 2016 00:49

Lets get this done fast team!

Mauriac
Myrmidon

Postby Mauriac » May 07, 2016 00:56

roeya
Warder

Postby roeya » May 07, 2016 02:01

We can reporting bug in French or just english ?

Mauriac
Myrmidon

Postby Mauriac » May 07, 2016 02:13

This is ridiculous. I'm 31 years old and I'm considering going to bed early tonight so I can make the beta come faster. 8O

It's like what i used to do when i was 8 and it was christmas eve. :wall:

Darkclown
Guardian

Postby Darkclown » May 07, 2016 03:12

You need to goto sleep or Uthgard will not come and leave you presents for tomorrow morning Mauriac. ;)

joshuabslc@gmail.com
INVADER

Postby joshuabslc@gmail.com » May 07, 2016 06:51

Detective cap (critical for unearthing bugs and looking damned cool doing it) CHECK
Meerschaum pipe (important when nodding sagely at the screen and taking notes) CHECK
Pen and Paper (Not cool looking, but important to jot down notes about bugs) CHECK
Checklist (wait, this is soooo meta).. CHECK!!!

Midgard HOOOO!!!

chefcook1337
Warder

Postby chefcook1337 » May 07, 2016 07:28

So that's around 8 h. to wait ! Good luck to Everybody !

Next

Return to News