Three days to go!

Here you can comment on news articles.
Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » May 04, 2016 12:35

Dear Players.

We are now three days away from ‘Uthgard’s Open Beta’ and we are as excited as we’re sure many of you are. We are extremely anxious to be opening our doors to the community for the first time in over two years! Once again we never anticipated being down as long as we have and we apologise for this but the end is close and we need you all for this final push so that we may once again return to Dark Age of Camelot.

It has been incredibly refreshing to see our forums and social media pages buzzing with activity, however, we would like to remind you all that we are not yet fully re-launching the server and that any progress you make during the BETA will be wiped. We hope you keep the same level of enthusiasm that you have displayed recently once the BETA is over and the relaunch beacons.

When the countdown reaches zero, players will be able to access the server and begin your testing. To start with we will not offer any instant 50 or realm rank merchant, this is to ensure we have all aspects of the game covered and the best option is to start with PvE. On BETA release day you will be presented with another news post that will outline information for you, this will include things we want you to test/focus on and also more importantly how to report bugs! This is absolutely crucial for speed and efficiency; it is imperative that players report bugs correctly following the correct procedure. We do not accept any report by memory, we need proof and evidence to back up any claim – this specifically allows us to implement things properly and also with speed.

The dream scenario for us is that everything happens smoothly and without any problems - of course this may not be the case so please bear with us during the launch of the BETA in case we encounter any issues regarding logging in etc. We will have this information clearly laid out for you but we have not tested with the potential scale of people that we may have yet.

Once again please remember that this is the BETA phase of Uthgard and we need you our loyal community behind this project. We hope once the BETA ends you will be more behind our server and get as many people as possible involved in the full relaunch. We are excited for an international community of players – the desire to relaunch an active server 24/7 is what we strive for.

We have noticed a few players making inquiries about Shrouded Isles - please remember that the SI expansion will not be available during BETA or the relaunch. We will be releasing Shrouded Isles as an expansion in the future and at this moment in time are not putting our focus on it until we see it being suitable. The Shrouded Isles classes and races will be available.

You might have also seen our website appearance change a bit. Don't worry, this is part of our relaunch, even though it is still a bit of a work in progress. We've put together a small FAQ that should answer some of your questions. Feel free to let us know what you think.

We will see you in three days.

Your Uthgard Staff.

We would also like to take this time to once again thank our internal testers who have worked extremely hard since late October! Without their help and the dedication of our developers we would not be where we are today. Their identities will be kept anonymous but we will be forever grateful for their efforts. Thank you.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

riad
Banned

Postby riad » May 04, 2016 13:16

did someone say "beta"party?

Last edited by riad on May 04, 2016 13:53, edited 1 time in total.

Xalara
Gryphon Knight

Postby Xalara » May 04, 2016 13:17

thanks for your hard work and dedication.

can't wait for the beta to start!

vangonaj
Alerion Knight

Postby vangonaj » May 04, 2016 13:37

Will be respecs available to test damage with differents specs? Or to test different ras?

IS-Lazaren
Warder

Postby IS-Lazaren » May 04, 2016 13:40

if someone has to apoligize then its blue not the gms ;)
This all could have done on a testserver while the community could continue playing.
cant wait to beta the pathfinding ;D but hope the beta wont take too long.

Gil
Alerion Knight

Postby Gil » May 04, 2016 14:30

See you on the field of battle... er field of Beta.

Caemma
Phoenix Knight

Postby Caemma » May 04, 2016 14:54

I've heard that uthgard relaunch would have "re-implemented" old skins/textures etc... is it still true?

In that case, wouldn't be necessary download an edited client in order to play with the required/expected uthgard client version?
Or any client will be fine in order to log in?

I'm wondering this because i would imagine a lot of people will need it, therefore it might overload the server if too many download requests would flow at the same time... other than the annoying loss of time for who has a ****** connection :|"
There was a time when Uthgard 1.0 existed and maaaany toons and arrpees arose... but now:
ImageImageImage

Amisch
Gryphon Knight

Postby Amisch » May 04, 2016 14:55

vangonaj wrote:Will be respecs available to test damage with differents specs? Or to test different ras?

This would be very nice to see, indeed. Thanks Uth Staff for everything you are doing!

m-dtaro
Guardian

Postby m-dtaro » May 04, 2016 15:04

Why would you relaunch on Mother's day?!

To play Uthgard BETA all day, or spend time with my mom on mother's day?!

...sorry mom
Commin-eyh-yaay-hawww

vangonaj
Alerion Knight

Postby vangonaj » May 04, 2016 15:12

m-dtaro wrote:Why would you relaunch on Mother's day?!

To play Uthgard BETA all day, or spend time with my mom on mother's day?!

...sorry mom

Mother's day was 3 days ago.

Jafeeio
Myrmidon

Postby Jafeeio » May 04, 2016 15:14

vangonaj wrote:
Mother's day was 3 days ago.

Not in good old Germany where this server seems to be located :wink:

Herzog
Myrmidon

Postby Herzog » May 04, 2016 15:26

Which custom-changes will be waiting for the players on uthgard2.0 ?

Or do you really want to be 100% livelike with that old patch 1.65 ?

This is not bad writing from me, i just want to know what is the plan from the uthgard-staff.

Capass7x1
Myrmidon

Postby Capass7x1 » May 04, 2016 16:03

Herzog wrote:Which custom-changes will be waiting for the players on uthgard2.0 ?

Or do you really want to be 100% livelike with that old patch 1.65 ?

This is not bad writing from me, i just want to know what is the plan from the uthgard-staff.

viewtopic.php?t=36319

Glelle-Instagard
Myrmidon

Postby Glelle-Instagard » May 04, 2016 16:03

Restricted Access ? wth
Zerstörer der Seelen
Destroyer of Souls

Capass7x1
Myrmidon

Postby Capass7x1 » May 04, 2016 16:52

Glelle-Instagard wrote:Restricted Access ? wth

Try http://www.uthgard.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=36319