Three days to go!

Here you can comment on news articles.
JacksonTown
Myrmidon

Postby JacksonTown » May 06, 2016 00:49

The realm timer is a necessity and you have to look no further than the current Live servers, i.e. Hib BG leader logs off and Mid miraculously gains 60 more people and all the keeps turn blue. Rinse and repeat. What's the point in trying to form your own BG or groups if you can just hop realms and follow the established zerg leaders.

It's a cycle I won't miss.
Spinoza - Nightshade
Socratease - Blademaster

"It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got that swing"

Ensley03
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ensley03 » May 06, 2016 01:07

The last few days I've been getting really bad lag on this website, and testing pings and tracerts is giving very bad results. Is the server for the game going to be as laggy as the website? :|
Charades <Buds>
#1 pet abuser

cheese01551
Gryphon Knight

Postby cheese01551 » May 06, 2016 01:54

Realm timer not classic, and as for people hopping on the zerg, if mid is winning and everyone switches to mid, after they capture everything theres no one to fight

we are all daoc veterans, being on the biggest side means the least amount of pvp

realm timers wont do anything positive because things always balance out.

except window dragging alb mezzers, those never balance out.

Juri
Eagle Knight

Postby Juri » May 06, 2016 02:56

cheese01551 wrote:Realm timer not classic, and as for people hopping on the zerg, if mid is winning and everyone switches to mid, after they capture everything theres no one to fight

we are all daoc veterans, being on the biggest side means the least amount of pvp

realm timers wont do anything positive because things always balance out.

except window dragging alb mezzers, those never balance out.

All you've been doing everywhere in this forum is writing down sour replies: nobody's forcing you to play on Uth, you know? We won't miss you.

Flidias
Warder

Postby Flidias » May 06, 2016 03:05

If I have DAOC downloaded but have been playing Genesis will I need to download the entire client to a separate directory or will Uthgard be able to update the original directory?

Nezix
Phoenix Knight

Postby Nezix » May 06, 2016 03:15

Flidias wrote:If I have DAOC downloaded but have been playing Genesis will I need to download the entire client to a separate directory or will Uthgard be able to update the original directory?

https://uthgard.org/howto

We recommend having a dedicated client for Uthgard and not using this client to connect to any other server as you might get an inconsistent experience.

Can I just use the client from another DAoC Freeshard?
You really shouldn't. It will likely screw up the game for both servers.

What should I do if I want to play on multiple servers?
Create separate copies of the clean game client, and make sure to only connect to Uthgard with one of these clients.
Nezix - 50 Minstrel <The Band>

Merlin: Arthur, what is best in life?
Arthur: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their Lurikeens.

Flidias
Warder

Postby Flidias » May 06, 2016 03:43

Thank You. Can't wait to play Uthgard again!

Mauriac
Myrmidon

Postby Mauriac » May 06, 2016 05:10

Trishin wrote:
stoni wrote:what gm brought up the idea of the 7 days to change realm? did anyone of you clowns play Daoc ever? and if so you surely only ran in zergs(bcus this realmpride ****** only comes from theese kind of ppl). and dont tell me this rule is made out of courtecy. every human was able to pay another 12 bucks per month back in the days too..

Thanks for your feedback, unfortunately for you we want to cater to ALL players. And that includes these "kind of ppl" as you so nicely put it. In fact, we have seen on Uthgard 1.0 that people like you who are treating these people very disrespectfully is very harmful to the community as a whole. We would like to encourage you to be more open minded and inclusive in your approach to the game, and I am sure you can find yourself happy to live with these "kind of ppl" as they will be the ones providing you 20% dmg bonus from relics most of the time. And I am sure these "kind of ppl" will be open minded regarding your preferred play style as well so we can have a server that is open to everyone.

Trishin,

My personal opinion (unimportant as it may be) is that you guys are absolutely spot on with the 8 hour timer that prevents login at all (to prevent information sharing, though there will of course be ways around this somewhat with VoIP and such). Personally though i think the 7 day wait is too long for the whole thing. I think you could achieve the same effect with a 72 hour (3 day) wait instead of 7 days. What is important though would be to keep the 8 hour no-login wait time prior to the switch actually going into effect. Just my 2 cents.

newguy
Myrmidon

Postby newguy » May 06, 2016 06:44

Gil wrote: I'll be totally focused on Midgard this time.

Shocked :rolleyes:

PhantamWarrior wrote:MIDGARD for the win!

so surprising :rolleyes:

Loving the 7 day realm timer... good stuff

PhantamWarrior
INVADER

Postby PhantamWarrior » May 06, 2016 06:50

What if we lost the email we had for our uth1 account? How long is the wait going to be for reserved names? I want to start right away on launch but I want to use my original name. Can staff give the registered email address for specific name via pm?

CHOJIN
Warder

Postby CHOJIN » May 06, 2016 08:04

vangonaj wrote:Will be respecs available to test damage with differents specs? Or to test different ras?

has there been any statement regarding this questions? couldnt find any.
will there be any kind of easy respecc just in beta to test different specs?

hazelhimself
Gryphon Knight

Postby hazelhimself » May 06, 2016 08:38

CHOJIN wrote:
vangonaj wrote:Will be respecs available to test damage with differents specs? Or to test different ras?

has there been any statement regarding this questions? couldnt find any.
will there be any kind of easy respecc just in beta to test different specs?

they probably will provide respecs. why wouldnt they?
also even IF they dont provide respecs, once the beta goes i50 mode you can just create another char to test.
dont worry about it, mate.

Miiyomo
Gryphon Knight

Postby Miiyomo » May 06, 2016 12:08

newguy wrote:
Loving the 7 day realm timer... good stuff

Absolutely love it!
Enjoy Life Miiyomo.
-DAoC- BIT
-WoW- Rock n' LoL
-Warhammer Online- Warp Legio
-DiabloIII- BIT