Three days to go!

Here you can comment on news articles.
kaisner
Guardian

Postby kaisner » May 06, 2016 12:47

Super psyched about Uthgard 2.0! :P

I believe a timer like '7 Days' on realm switching makes the community on each realm stronger. Perfect decision to my ears!

Sooky
Warder

Postby Sooky » May 06, 2016 15:19

I've got a question concerning melee damage on uthgard 2.0 :

I know that a lot of work has been done to fix defense penetration, but what about melee damage and style damage. They were nothing like it is on live servers.
Here a lot of players (including me) wouldn't spec high in melee because there was no big difference in terms of damage, giving the opportunity to spend points in other lines for more utility.
I've played classes for whom melee dmg for 50 spec was half the value on live. Even worse I could spec as low as 25 and do almost as much dmg as a 50 spec line (and the dmg here for 25 spec was way higher than on live).

As there been anything done about this or did the work on melee focused only on def pen?

Ilerget
Phoenix Knight

Postby Ilerget » May 06, 2016 15:25

tomorrow starts beta, come test it and if you think is incorrect REPORT IT!!! :wink:
It's the thrill of the chase
and I'm coming after you.

Sooky
Warder

Postby Sooky » May 06, 2016 15:34

I will but it's going to take some time to get a character to 50 and test. It doesn't hurt to ask before the start. :)

Nezix
Phoenix Knight

Postby Nezix » May 06, 2016 16:06

Sooky wrote:I will but it's going to take some time to get a character to 50 and test. It doesn't hurt to ask before the start. :)

At some point, when the staff are satisfied that the pre-50 world has been checked, they'll grant some i50 / RR5 bots etc in the Beta.

At that point, please feel free to test melee damage. Then provide a side by side between Uthgard and live (roughly equivalent stats, specs, quality, speed, no +melee % etc etc etc) and then a reasonable log size.

The problem is that a lot of people claim the numbers are off but pretty much none of them spend any effort to prove it.
Nezix - 50 Minstrel <The Band>

Merlin: Arthur, what is best in life?
Arthur: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their Lurikeens.

Sooky
Warder

Postby Sooky » May 06, 2016 16:56

I did check on live before but indeed didn't bother to make a sensible bug report about it. I'll do that when we have i50 then. But I guess nothing was done about it :(

Now I wonder if the new def pen formula takes your spec into account. i.e. 50 melee spec will get you less parry/block/evade than a 39 spec. So at least there will be a reason to spec high.

Sztyk
Myrmidon

Postby Sztyk » May 06, 2016 18:53

Sooky wrote:I've got a question concerning melee damage on uthgard 2.0 :

I know that a lot of work has been done to fix defense penetration, but what about melee damage and style damage. They were nothing like it is on live servers.
Here a lot of players (including me) wouldn't spec high in melee because there was no big difference in terms of damage, giving the opportunity to spend points in other lines for more utility.
I've played classes for whom melee dmg for 50 spec was half the value on live. Even worse I could spec as low as 25 and do almost as much dmg as a 50 spec line (and the dmg here for 25 spec was way higher than on live).

As there been anything done about this or did the work on melee focused only on def pen?

mh i think there are threads somewhere, where people test the style bonuses n stuff and it does indeed make a big difference how high A) your comp specc is, in terms of damage variance and B) how high your damage spec is, since higher growthrate styles = more bonus damage plus higher specc = higher max damage. this did work on uth1.0 or am i totally mistaken oO

Sooky
Warder

Postby Sooky » May 06, 2016 19:31

Sztyk wrote:mh i think there are threads somewhere, where people test the style bonuses n stuff and it does indeed make a big difference how high A) your comp specc is, in terms of damage variance and B) how high your damage spec is, since higher growthrate styles = more bonus damage plus higher specc = higher max damage. this did work on uth1.0 or am i totally mistaken oO

I did in uth 1.0 some quick checks with a hero and a warden and the 1h dmg on the warden and 2h dmg on the hero were both wrong.

On the warden, Base dmg and style dmg were incorrect. I remember a 50 blunt spec on the warden wasn't doing more dmg than a 25 sword spec and this is obviously wrong. also a 50 blunt spec on live was delivering twice the dmg compared to uth. Also the 25 sword spec on uth was dealing too much dmg (it was very weak on live).

For the 2h dmg, the variance was correct but the base dmg ans style dmg were lower than the value on live.

There has been a lot of word to make the spell dmg and resist good, but melee mechanics have always been a mess. I'm glad to here they managed to fix def pen (which is a huge task) but I'm surprised melee dmg has been forgotten for so long.

Oswaldo
Phoenix Knight

Postby Oswaldo » May 06, 2016 19:33

Sztyk wrote:
Sooky wrote:I've got a question concerning melee damage on uthgard 2.0 :

mh i think there are threads somewhere, where people test the style bonuses n stuff and it does indeed make a big difference how high A) your comp specc is, in terms of damage variance and B) how high your damage spec is, since higher growthrate styles = more bonus damage plus higher specc = higher max damage. this did work on uth1.0 or am i totally mistaken oO

Worked fine..

But peoples memory of live is... yea.. dont even wanna go there
- Honey Badgers
- Winkz

Nezix
Phoenix Knight

Postby Nezix » May 06, 2016 19:34

Sooky wrote:There has been a lot of word to make the spell dmg and resist good, but melee mechanics have always been a mess. I'm glad to here they managed to fix def pen (which is a huge task) but I'm surprised melee dmg has been forgotten for so long.

You assume. It has been down and being revamped for 2 years.
Nezix - 50 Minstrel <The Band>

Merlin: Arthur, what is best in life?
Arthur: To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their Lurikeens.

Sooky
Warder

Postby Sooky » May 06, 2016 19:47

Maybe, but I saw so far no news talking about this, only def pen. So with the information I have lurking the forum for years and talking to people, it looks like it's a part of melee mechanics that has been forgotten.

ACrispyTaco
Myrmidon

Postby ACrispyTaco » May 06, 2016 19:59

HOLY ****** LESS THAN 24 HOURS EVERYONE!

Previous

Return to News