It is happening!

Here you can comment on news articles.
Cell_Maley
Myrmidon

Postby Cell_Maley » Apr 25, 2016 02:37

i want a Shield Warrior again or a Berserker as my main char

Sam as me, we have beta to try and decide, hard decision ! :) for now only sure i'll be a TROLL!

PhantamWarrior
INVADER

Postby PhantamWarrior » Apr 25, 2016 02:51

I noticed in the video made that the berserker turned into a svendo instead of a bear, I never played live so was wondering which one the berserker would change into, bear or svendo?

Quathan
Warder

Postby Quathan » Apr 25, 2016 04:07

PhantamWarrior wrote:I noticed in the video made that the berserker turned into a svendo instead of a bear, I never played live so was wondering which one the berserker would change into, bear or svendo?

Vendo form was the old berserker form from back then so no bear :grin:

Cell_Maley
Myrmidon

Postby Cell_Maley » Apr 25, 2016 04:31

for me the old form of berserker (vendo) is better :)

Alphaone
Myrmidon

Postby Alphaone » Apr 25, 2016 07:45

Top wrote:
Breeze wrote:I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I think they have a pretty good auto ban feature for speedhacks.

Auto-ban? No.

Uth 1.0 making new accounts was trivial.

Make a new account, load up a speedhack and warp around on a level 1. You didn't get auto-banned I can tell you that much.

If that's not enough I'll give an actual example that a lot of people will remember.

Those of us who were playing near the end of Uthgard, there was a RR7 Female Norse Savage named Mdma (might have the name slightly wrong).

Ran most nights with the holsten/papper/etc mid pug.

Constant complaints on the forum for the guy speed hacking over a period of numerous months.

We finally got him banned one night when Abydos happened to be around, so we asked him to watch our 8vs8 fights because he was obvious speed hacking.

That was a case of very blatant speed hacking over a long period of time, and was only banned when we found a GM to specifically watch it happening.

One night, about a year or so ago, I sat across from Abydos on a barstool with a beer in my hand and he retold that story with a glimmer in his eye and a big f'n grin on his face. I miss that guy. Huge loss for the Uth community. #getAbydosback #greatGM.

Alphaone

adjuchas_brokk
Myrmidon

Postby adjuchas_brokk » Apr 25, 2016 08:59

Xandira wrote:Finally 8) :grin: Can't wait to play Daoc again after not been playing it for 2 years , i even dreamed the other day i was in Df :D Now i need to figure out if i want a Shield Warrior again or a Berserker as my main char :?: Have been playing a Shield/sword warrior ever since Eu live servers , Us servers and later on Uthgard . But think i need to detox from the warrior habit and make a Berserk for Rvr this time , hard decisions to make lol :D

Well, you should start with a female Troll, they're totally in this year :P

thaneel
Myrmidon

Postby thaneel » Apr 25, 2016 11:57

Cell_Maley wrote:for me the old form of berserker (vendo) is better :)

Just for that, Uthgard is worth playing it

Xandira
Guardian

Postby Xandira » Apr 25, 2016 13:51

adjuchas_brokk wrote:
Xandira wrote:Finally 8) :grin: Can't wait to play Daoc again after not been playing it for 2 years , i even dreamed the other day i was in Df :D Now i need to figure out if i want a Shield Warrior again or a Berserker as my main char :?: Have been playing a Shield/sword warrior ever since Eu live servers , Us servers and later on Uthgard . But think i need to detox from the warrior habit and make a Berserk for Rvr this time , hard decisions to make lol :D

Well, you should start with a female Troll, they're totally in this year :P

Hahaha :P I should have known you'd say that , u told me the same thing abouth 10 years ago :D
Jezebella Berzerk

Xandira
Guardian

Postby Xandira » Apr 25, 2016 14:09

Cell_Maley wrote:
i want a Shield Warrior again or a Berserker as my main char

Sam as me, we have beta to try and decide, hard decision ! :) for now only sure i'll be a TROLL!

That's true 8) I'm gonna make a norse tough ...Troll probably better but never could get used playing a troll . :wink:
Jezebella Berzerk

Austerim
Alerion Knight

Postby Austerim » Apr 25, 2016 14:39

Alphaone wrote:
One night, about a year or so ago, I sat across from Abydos on a barstool with a beer in my hand and he retold that story with a glimmer in his eye and a big f'n grin on his face. I miss that guy. Huge loss for the Uth community. #getAbydosback #greatGM.

Alphaone
[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> You have to be a c*** to be awesome at daoc
[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> that's what I learnt
[3:11pm] <Frosty_> then why does austerim suck
lordgriffon wrote:Oh by the way... ever seen a group of 8 smite clerics? Or play against a group like that? I have. Absolute devastation. The group that runs up against them can't kill them fast enough because smite clerics have sooooooo many tools at their disposal combined with decent ranged damage with 8 of them dudes doing it!

pweet
Lion Knight

Postby pweet » Apr 25, 2016 14:57

#FreeAbydos

Glelle-Instagard
Myrmidon

Postby Glelle-Instagard » Apr 25, 2016 15:30

thaneel wrote:
Cell_Maley wrote:for me the old form of berserker (vendo) is better :)

Just for that, Uthgard is worth playing it

U Could change the Animation for Ur client urself if u change some Files but that was forbidden i believe :D
Zerstörer der Seelen
Destroyer of Souls

Galandriel3
Gryphon Knight

Postby Galandriel3 » Apr 25, 2016 15:35

lethantis client for example uses aaaaall that classic stuff/models/textures. i wonder if there will be a big difference between those clients, guess not. on uthgard client there seems to be more non-classic models used for the moment (if i check that vid) but maybe that will be fixed until beta :)
[12:46] <Roundhouse_> actualy galandriel and blackbeard the master challenges out on heavytanks
[23:52] <Skarz> u are best skald i seen for long time

pirhana7
Myrmidon

Postby pirhana7 » Apr 25, 2016 15:55

Anyone know the ball park guess on how long we can expect the beta to be?

2 months?

norlin
Myrmidon

Postby norlin » Apr 25, 2016 16:16

pirhana7 wrote:Anyone know the ball park guess on how long we can expect the beta to be?

2 months?

less than a year mayb ? :wall:

PreviousNext

Return to News