Easter update!

Here you can comment on news articles.
Ensley03
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ensley03 » Apr 01, 2016 07:07

jeaf wrote:That might be true but the Staff said several times that they couldn't expect some issues they had while coding.
Players can be frustrated, but i think that the Staff too doesn't like to code for 2+ years, so it's been necessary and thank them they are still making efforts to finish it. Let them work without that excessive pressure that can lead them to stop this project.
On the other hand, any news, update, leak can help the community in working for this project, instead of complaining.

This guy thinks they've been coding for 2+ years without 3-6 month breaks of 0 work :lol:
Charades <Buds>
#1 pet abuser

Njor
Eagle Knight

Postby Njor » Apr 01, 2016 08:08

Ensley03 wrote:
jeaf wrote:That might be true but the Staff said several times that they couldn't expect some issues they had while coding.
Players can be frustrated, but i think that the Staff too doesn't like to code for 2+ years, so it's been necessary and thank them they are still making efforts to finish it. Let them work without that excessive pressure that can lead them to stop this project.
On the other hand, any news, update, leak can help the community in working for this project, instead of complaining.

This guy thinks they've been coding for 2+ years without 3-6 month breaks of 0 work :lol:

yep, thats worth a good laugh, you assuming that the staff is doing this as a fulltime activity? ... as stated many times, they all have a day job and a life outside Uth, coding/working on Uthgard progress only when they have spare time

cheers

tamiko
Warder

Postby tamiko » Apr 01, 2016 09:11

Njor wrote:
Ensley03 wrote:

yep, thats worth a good laugh, you assuming that the staff is doing this as a fulltime activity? ... as stated many times, they all have a day job and a life outside Uth, coding/working on Uthgard progress only when they have spare time

cheers

which is sad tbh cus honestly, community would probably donate more then they earn to see it pushed through and released way sooner... ^^

i for one would rather throw 20 bucks at uth then retail each month ^^ sure im not the one who wouldnt mind throwing acouple coins at this project to see it flourish!

TheKrokodil
Alerion Knight

Postby TheKrokodil » Apr 01, 2016 09:55

I don't know man, it's 3:54am here now, still working on Uth, and I have to get up again at 8am again.

Finding uninterrupted coding time is hard.
Be nice. :)

Ensley03
Gryphon Knight

Postby Ensley03 » Apr 01, 2016 12:42

^This post was then followed up with "APRIL FOOLS! We are in discord laughing at you guys and playing League of Legends."
Charades <Buds>
#1 pet abuser

Kaziera
Gryphon Knight

Postby Kaziera » Apr 01, 2016 13:28

Ensley03 wrote:^This post was then followed up with "APRIL FOOLS! We are in discord laughing at you guys and playing League of Legends."

well there is also the possibility that it was not a april fools joke. then u just laughed about dedication and making sacrifices.

are u sure which one is the case ? u better should have remained silent.

Caemma
Phoenix Knight

Postby Caemma » Apr 01, 2016 14:10

Trishin wrote:Our first goal is to release a server with as little custom features as possible. Maybe give us some time after opening before requesting a ton of custom features? ;)

Sure, you can have all the time you want since im not your project manager :D

But the ones i listed weren't really a "ton of custom features" but most of them were/have been "already in" uthgard 1.0, of course they might require some adjustments/revision.. (rvr mission, housing features, horserout/milekeep-ports/pve horses)
Btw, the thing that matter the most would something like "yes we are considering to add/keep <this> feature in/during uthgard 2.0" or "we have no plans for adding/keeping <this> feature" :wink:
There was a time when Uthgard 1.0 existed and maaaany toons and arrpees arose... but now:
ImageImageImage

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Apr 01, 2016 14:12

Caemma wrote:
Trishin wrote:Our first goal is to release a server with as little custom features as possible. Maybe give us some time after opening before requesting a ton of custom features? ;)

But the ones i listed weren't really a "ton of custom features" but most of them were/have been "already in" uthgard 1.0, of course they might require some adjustments/revision..
Btw, the thing that matter the most would something like "yes we are considering to add/keep <this> feature in/during uthgard 2.0" or "we have no plans for adding/keeping <this> feature" :wink:

At the moment we are not considering any custom features. What the future holds is another question, but the goal will always be to have as few custom features as possible.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

Caemma
Phoenix Knight

Postby Caemma » Apr 01, 2016 14:14

Trishin wrote:
Caemma wrote:

But the ones i listed weren't really a "ton of custom features" but most of them were/have been "already in" uthgard 1.0, of course they might require some adjustments/revision..

At the moment we are not considering any custom features. What the future holds is another question, but the goal will always be to have as few custom features as possible.

Ok thanks, so at the moment, the plans for having a more possible classic servers means:
- No rvr missions
- No housing features
- No medallion to port at mile gate zones keeps
- No controllable horses for PvE

Correct? :o
There was a time when Uthgard 1.0 existed and maaaany toons and arrpees arose... but now:
ImageImageImage

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Apr 01, 2016 14:19

Caemma wrote:Ok thanks, so at the moment, the plans for having a more possible classic servers means:
- No rvr missions
- No housing features

As of 1.65, I am sure you can figure out when housing was introduced, player controlled horses, etc to answer those questions yourself. :)
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

Infinitum
Gryphon Knight

Postby Infinitum » Apr 01, 2016 14:20

Ok thanks, so at the moment, the plans for having a more possible classic servers means:
- No rvr missions
- No housing features

Without any of those features we are DOOMED!!! DOOMED I tell you!!! DOOMED!!!!

ps. housing was 1.63 - some features may not be available but you'll have your house never the less.
The Lone Assassin

Formerly: Infinitum - Uthgard 1

Infinitum Style: https://youtu.be/Xae13-nWnBw

Caemma
Phoenix Knight

Postby Caemma » Apr 01, 2016 14:39

Infinitum wrote:
- No rvr missions
- No housing features

Without any of those features we are DOOMED!!! DOOMED I tell you!!! DOOMED!!!!

ps. housing was 1.63 - some features may not be available but you'll have your house never the less.

ImageImageImage

m-dtaro
Guardian

Postby m-dtaro » Apr 01, 2016 15:04

If you don't like it....create your own classic DAoC server!!!

Yeah, that's what I thought. :roll:

PS I farted.

APRIL FOOLS...or is it....
Commin-eyh-yaay-hawww

adjuchas_brokk
Myrmidon

Postby adjuchas_brokk » Apr 01, 2016 15:11

All the community wants is the moon on a stick, how hard can it be?! :P

Blue
Developer
Developer

Postby Blue » Apr 01, 2016 17:27

TheKrokodil wrote:Finding uninterrupted coding time is hard.

From my experience, best productivity is at night but having to get up early is an issue :twisted:
It's done when it's done. Thanks for your patience.
Every bug gets fixed. Sooner or later.

"It is an inescapable law of nature that the amount of satisfaction one gains from achieving something
is related to how hard it is and easy things can only elicit a fleeting superficial sort of pleasure."

Blue says, "you used macro tools or macro keyboard"
Pala says, "i am disabled. and i have a mechanic left hand that can be programed. its hard to play woith one hand"

[Appeal] Bxxxxxxxx: "why is RA first aid cann man i stealth use and not unstealth cann man ra if man use unstealth ?????????"
BannedUser: "i was not using automate game action my hand was fall on keyboard during i was sleep .... i was completly fall on keyboard ..."

PreviousNext

Return to News