Winter is coming!

Here you can comment on news articles.
Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Nov 21, 2015 21:31

Hello everyone!

It has been a while since we have had a news post, so we thought it was time to give you an update of what has been going on, along with an update on what we are working on right now, and what will happen in the future. Spoiler: This will not include ETAs, as we don't want to disappoint you if an ETA is not met.

What has been going on:
We are very happy to announce that bonedancers, necromancers and pathing have been fully implemented. We know we talked about this being done before, however we have now reached a state where we could actually let players have a look at them. Having something implemented unfortunately doesn't mean that the work stops, and that no further effort needs to be put into them to make them work, so a lot of our downtime since the last post has been about finding edge-cases and polishing these three systems.

What is going on right now:
Right now we are having a very closed testing session with a few players. These are players who are very dedicated and have been following our progress closely. Additionally these players are very thorough testers and are sometimes abused like robots. We thank them very much for their dedication and testing resilience, and for all the time they have spent on making Uthgard a better place. Because of these players we have had some great progress since we first opened the testing phase: We have had about 200 bug reports created, and resolved within a month. That is 5-6 bugs / day that has been discovered and fixed, I hope you will agree with us that this is amazing work of both our developers and testing team.

If you want to join the testing, please fill out this form: http://goo.gl/forms/KojWIyrcEa - Remember, we hand pick who is invited to the test, filling out the form will not mean that you will be able to participate in future test cycles. You will get an email notification when we are ready for more testers.

Some of you might be sad about not being part of these tests, however as someone who have observed our testers at work, you have nothing to envy. The work they are doing is very boring, and often consists of repeating the same task over and over to figure out exactly how to reproduce behavior and bugs. Not much actual gameplay is actually being experienced by these testers at this point.

What will happen in the future:
Our focus at this time is to finish our RvR rewrite (I know, are we still on about this?!). This is a bigger task than anticipated to be honest with you, and at it's current state we don't feel comfortable to have anyone but our internal testers look at it. Once we have this at a state where we are comfortable having more eyes looking at it, we will move on to the next phase.

Our next phase will be some sort of open testing (you can call it an open beta). This hopefully will reveal bugs that our testers missed, but also give us a chance to see how some of the mechanics work that aren't testable with a small group of people (relic raids, dragon raids, etc).

Lastly, we will have a stress test. This test will be done to secure that as many players as possible will be able to connect at launch without experiencing lags. Hopefully this will show any major performance issues we might have created during our downtime, and give us a chance to have a smooth launch where everyone is able to play.

So as you can see we have been hard at work the last couple of months to get the server to a state where we can reopen for everyone. We as much as you, want to play again, and see our server full of people.

Hope you enjoyed our update on what is going on with Uthgard.

Warm regards,
Your Uthgard Staff.
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

Blato
Warder

Postby Blato » Nov 21, 2015 21:34

beat Austerim

ZaiQQ
Eagle Knight

Postby ZaiQQ » Nov 21, 2015 21:36

so when does it open?

Astealoth
Eagle Knight

Postby Astealoth » Nov 21, 2015 21:40

ZaiQQ wrote:so when does it open?

The first paragraph of the post answers this. How did you miss the first point addressed?

bernielogue
Guardian

Postby bernielogue » Nov 21, 2015 21:43

Thank you for the news. Very much appreciated.

ZaiQQ
Eagle Knight

Postby ZaiQQ » Nov 21, 2015 21:43

Astealoth wrote:
ZaiQQ wrote:so when does it open?

The first paragraph of the post answers this. How did you miss the first point addressed?

The first paragraph doesn't answer this. It just says they wont answer it.

Hightmute
Myrmidon

Postby Hightmute » Nov 21, 2015 21:44

thank you for not becoming desperate and frustrated by that insane amount of insults and flame that has been laid upon you.

feels good to have been on the right side that never questioned ur guys honesty and good will *cough*

love u ;_;

Julae
Guardian

Postby Julae » Nov 21, 2015 21:57

ETA on you guys releasing an ETA? :wink: jk

Would love to help test and iron out the bugs. I'm very qualified: I was an avid RvR participant during old frontiers on all three realms!!

Daetren
Myrmidon

Postby Daetren » Nov 21, 2015 22:01

News and progress, GG! My DAoC need is real
Last edited by Daetren on Nov 21, 2015 22:27, edited 1 time in total.
First of my name, Boon of Midgard, Solous Shamanus, the relentless, King of Dodens and the first men, Breaker of mezzes, and Father of The Dream.

R.I.P
Uth1 - Ist Aid [Nomad Jarl]- 8L3 Kobby Shaman - 900+ REAL Solo Kills ~
Uth2 - Ist Aid [TEAM AMERICA]- 8L5 Kobby Shaman - 500+ REAL Solo Kills ~
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheDaetr/videos
https://photos.app.goo.gl/3fAbTMqYoTivisVB9 - Uth1 Album (Birth and Death of Respect)

DerDanGer
Myrmidon

Postby DerDanGer » Nov 21, 2015 22:06

Lurking in the Shadow, waiting for the call. Uthgard. We are still here, expect us. We are not anonymous. ;)

Jerrian
Phoenix Knight

Postby Jerrian » Nov 21, 2015 22:14

SkippyDoo
Warder

Postby SkippyDoo » Nov 21, 2015 22:16

Thanks for the update 8)

And thanks to those people putting in the hard work testing.

Can't wait for the open beta :grin:
OMGWTFBBQ!

Avoidastarz
INVADER

Postby Avoidastarz » Nov 21, 2015 22:24

Thank for news, keep up the good work !

/cheers :grumble:

Austerim
Alerion Knight

Postby Austerim » Nov 21, 2015 22:26

[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> You have to be a c*** to be awesome at daoc
[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> that's what I learnt
[3:11pm] <Frosty_> then why does austerim suck
lordgriffon wrote:Oh by the way... ever seen a group of 8 smite clerics? Or play against a group like that? I have. Absolute devastation. The group that runs up against them can't kill them fast enough because smite clerics have sooooooo many tools at their disposal combined with decent ranged damage with 8 of them dudes doing it!

Caemma
Phoenix Knight

Postby Caemma » Nov 21, 2015 22:31

Let's analyze the title: "Winter is coming"
If we make a paragone between the Winter of Game of Thrones and Uthgard 2.0, it took like 5 years to reach it (5 seasons before it finally *came*), so, counting that Uthgard is down since 2 years, we still have 3 years waiting!

:D
Good to hear some *official* heartbeats once a year :)
There was a time when Uthgard 1.0 existed and maaaany toons and arrpees arose... but now:
ImageImageImage

Next

Return to News