Another Grab Bag bites the dust!

Here you can comment on news articles.
Baman
Myrmidon

Postby Baman » May 14, 2015 20:11

Infinitum wrote:Killing hunter pets is so hard :(

Killing a yellow/oj minstrel pet is so hard too! :(

SM pets/bd pets take a little more work than a hunter pet. The player/GROUP of players that you were trying to escape from can follow their pet to you. Also, you could get unstealthed and have to fight that sm pet at a bad time when there's a fg around. It's not just the inconvenience of killing a pet.

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » May 14, 2015 22:53

Baman wrote:
Infinitum wrote:Killing hunter pets is so hard :(

Killing a yellow/oj minstrel pet is so hard too! :(

SM pets/bd pets take a little more work than a hunter pet. The player/GROUP of players that you were trying to escape from can follow their pet to you. Also, you could get unstealthed and have to fight that sm pet at a bad time when there's a fg around. It's not just the inconvenience of killing a pet.

It's also worth to note that a decent group with a leader will often say don't bother destealthing 1 stealther (unless there is 0 action or it's someone they hate).

I've been in far to many ****** groups where people run off after 1 person, or stop to look for a stealther, just as an enemy fg hits you from the side. What goes around comes back around :)

Fugax
Guardian

Postby Fugax » May 15, 2015 01:15

Thank you for the update. It gives us players a hope that you soon will be up and running. However, my concern at the moment is this.... At the point you re-open the servers 1 month or 1.5 years from now. Do you think your efforts will be lost due to the fact Camelot Unchained (assuming it releases near eta date) will affect server population. I ask this because I feel those playing DAOC for a number of years will be drawn toward that game vs playing Uthgard. My fear is that you will open and shortly after Unchained will come out with people not invested time into server thus making it an easy change from one game to another due to not having much time played.
I look forward to the server opening as I have played Genesis, but have stopped due to mico-managing and them wreaking DAOC for me. I hope things are going well, and look forward to play on Uthgard once again!
Cheers

Fugax

fremster
Eagle Knight

Postby fremster » May 15, 2015 09:39

Fugax wrote:Thank you for the update. It gives us players a hope that you soon will be up and running. However, my concern at the moment is this.... At the point you re-open the servers 1 month or 1.5 years from now. Do you think your efforts will be lost due to the fact Camelot Unchained (assuming it releases near eta date) will affect server population. I ask this because I feel those playing DAOC for a number of years will be drawn toward that game vs playing Uthgard. My fear is that you will open and shortly after Unchained will come out with people not invested time into server thus making it an easy change from one game to another due to not having much time played.
I look forward to the server opening as I have played Genesis, but have stopped due to mico-managing and them wreaking DAOC for me. I hope things are going well, and look forward to play on Uthgard once again!
Cheers

Fugax

Sure Camelot Unchained will definitely appeal to the majority of DAOC players. However, CU and DAOC will be very different games. CU is not going to be a DAOC replacement, for one there is no PVE aspect as you might imagine it. Of course it is based in Arthurian times etc, so the story may be similar.

I expect a slight percentage drop when CU is released, and after a few weeks people will starting coming back after realizing it isn't daoc 2.0. This has been the same with other game releases in the past, but that is just the expected.

Ostdrauka
Myrmidon

Postby Ostdrauka » May 15, 2015 11:10

fremster wrote:
Fugax wrote:Thank you for the update. It gives us players a hope that you soon will be up and running. However, my concern at the moment is this.... At the point you re-open the servers 1 month or 1.5 years from now. Do you think your efforts will be lost due to the fact Camelot Unchained (assuming it releases near eta date) will affect server population. I ask this because I feel those playing DAOC for a number of years will be drawn toward that game vs playing Uthgard. My fear is that you will open and shortly after Unchained will come out with people not invested time into server thus making it an easy change from one game to another due to not having much time played.
Cheers

Fugax

Sure Camelot Unchained will definitely appeal to the majority of DAOC players. However, CU and DAOC will be very different games. CU is not going to be a DAOC replacement, for one there is no PVE aspect as you might imagine it. Of course it is based in Arthurian times etc, so the story may be similar.

I expect a slight percentage drop when CU is released, and after a few weeks people will starting coming back after realizing it isn't daoc 2.0. This has been the same with other game releases in the past, but that is just the expected.

Could not type it better than that.. especially this part..
However, CU and DAOC will be very different games.
If you become irate, angry, wrathful, furious, ireful, wroth or indignent by anything that I say to you or just in general; you should always remember, it's only because I care that I pay attention in the first place.

ACrispyTaco
Myrmidon

Postby ACrispyTaco » May 15, 2015 17:49

CU took the DAoC RvR, gutted it and added in all sorts of new races, classes, skills and simplified it down into an arena based PvP game. It isn't DAoC, not even close. Sort of like how Planetside 2 is not Planetside 1, too much had changed and been redesigned that it hardly resembled itself anymore. It may have some familiarities like names of classes and some design and art throw backs, but it will not be DAoC.

Njor
Eagle Knight

Postby Njor » May 16, 2015 00:56

ACrispyTaco wrote:CU took the DAoC RvR, gutted it and added in all sorts of new races, classes, skills and simplified it down into an arena based PvP game. It isn't DAoC, not even close. Sort of like how Planetside 2 is not Planetside 1, too much had changed and been redesigned that it hardly resembled itself anymore. It may have some familiarities like names of classes and some design and art throw backs, but it will not be DAoC.

thats how I see it as well, it might still be a good game in its own right though, focussing on the RvR aspect .. so far I am not too keen on the look of the races tho

cheers
Last edited by Njor on May 16, 2015 23:47, edited 1 time in total.

Musao
INVADER

Postby Musao » May 16, 2015 03:46

Eugh. The craving intensifies. Can't wait for this server to come back to life >.<

ACrispyTaco
Myrmidon

Postby ACrispyTaco » May 18, 2015 20:28

Are we getting another Grab Bag this week Trishin? :)

Caemma
Phoenix Knight

Postby Caemma » May 20, 2015 22:22

ACrispyTaco wrote:CU took the DAoC RvR, gutted it and added in all sorts of new races, classes, skills and simplified it down into an arena based PvP game. It isn't DAoC, not even close. Sort of like how Planetside 2 is not Planetside 1, too much had changed and been redesigned that it hardly resembled itself anymore. It may have some familiarities like names of classes and some design and art throw backs, but it will not be DAoC.

:gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga:
There was a time when Uthgard 1.0 existed and maaaany toons and arrpees arose... but now:
ImageImageImage

[R]Bloodwyne
Gryphon Knight

Postby [R]Bloodwyne » May 21, 2015 05:34

Caemma wrote:

:gaga: :gaga: :gaga: :gaga:

thats totally not CU you are talking about, the only truth in that stateent is that it will not be DAoC, but cu will definately not be an Arena based PvP game. Im pretty sure in CU we will see the largest open RvR zone that we have ever seen in an MMO.

Fangrolmerc
INVADER

Postby Fangrolmerc » May 21, 2015 14:06

i haven't played CU. worth playing?
Fangrol 8l4 Mercenary.

holsten-knight
Lion Knight

Postby holsten-knight » May 21, 2015 15:09

One of the best games! beside diablo 5, guildwars 4 and Tetris 3

ZerGlinG
Myrmidon

Postby ZerGlinG » May 21, 2015 16:11

holsten-knight wrote:One of the best games! beside diablo 5, guildwars 4 and Tetris 3

and WoW 7
Mein DAOC-Feeling: (Sound aufdrehen! :gaga:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uJ_gdEdMp8

„Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, das Universum und die menschliche Dummheit,
aber bei dem Universum bin ich mir noch nicht ganz sicher.“ - Albert Einstein

Caemma
Phoenix Knight

Postby Caemma » May 26, 2015 02:49

Fangrolmerc wrote:i haven't played CU. worth playing?

Beta 1: Estimated August 2015
Beta 2: Estimated December 2015
Beta 3: Estimated March 2016
Delivery of Live Game: June 2016

And im pretty sure it will be delayed of "some months", hopefully not the same amount of ""some months"" that is being delayed Uth 2.0 lolz.
There was a time when Uthgard 1.0 existed and maaaany toons and arrpees arose... but now:
ImageImageImage

Previous

Return to News