Bringing back the Grab Bag!

Here you can comment on news articles.
Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Mar 22, 2015 11:15

Hello everyone,

There are many questions and answers scattered about on the forum. We would like to bring a little unity by reviving an old system some of you are familiar with – the Grab Bag. It is a series of questions presented by the players with answers from your Uthgard staff.

Submit your questions here or send them via forum private message to Trishin.

1. All submissions must be in the form of a question.
  2. All submissions must be Dark Age of Camelot and/or Uthgard related.
  3. Provide as much detail as you can.

We will consolidate the submissions then select a few questions for our next post.

Sincerely,
the Uthgard staff
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

Arkinok
Guardian

Postby Arkinok » Mar 22, 2015 11:42

That's so cool ! Thanks for bringing this system :grin:

Hybrid classes (Reaver/Paladin/Thane/Champion/Valewalker) don't have Determination with old RAs. So they won't find a place in RvR groups...

Do you plan to do something to make them viable ?

fiskgrodan
Myrmidon

Postby fiskgrodan » Mar 22, 2015 12:33

How will you implement the realm ability Wild Arcana?

What is the crit value range for debuff crits with Wild Arcana? Min crit value? Max crit value? Are they different in PvP and PvE?

Can Wild Arcana debuff crits be replaced/reapplied by the same sort of spell that is not a crit or has a lower crit value?

svperstar
Eagle Knight

Postby svperstar » Mar 22, 2015 13:10

I apologize if this was already said on the forum, but I was told "ask in IRC" or something similar, Blato gave me an answer but he is not uthgard staff.

Could we get a brief explanation of how See Hidden will work on the server when it goes live. Even if you do not have range values a general outline?

Thanks.
There will be a group of people out there who will want this realm to be entirely Mythic-like. Exactly like vanilla, drop rates/xp rates, basically everything and you will not be able to please them unless it is exactly like vanilla.

These people have their nostalgia goggles on so tight it's cutting off the bloodflow to their brain and they believe that vanilla was perfect and nothing was wrong with it.

Jerrian
Phoenix Knight

Postby Jerrian » Mar 22, 2015 13:37

Very nice idea Trishin I ´ve two questions concerning rvr at Uthgard:

- Can you please give infomations about the battlegates with their level range and maximum realmranks?

- I would like to see an official statement if rvr missions (rps for exploring, guards tasks, playerkill) will be available, if yes in which form they will be implemented?

best regards
Megrim

Pepito
Guardian

Postby Pepito » Mar 22, 2015 14:00

- Regarding the savage, how is implemented the hand to hand skill ? (equivalent to zerk or ..?) the 2h limitation is still 5.5 ?

- About the SOS (Speed of Sound) RA from the minstrel
Can you tell us about the sos on uthgard, how it will work ? (charge 30sec/just speed 30sec..ect ?)

Tyvm

aidoru
Myrmidon

Postby aidoru » Mar 22, 2015 14:20

Hello Staff, thank you for this opportunity.
My questions are :
- How will Uthgard manage the real-crossing ?
- About the vault, will be available an account one that shares the items with the characters in that account ?

Thank you in advance.
I'm trying to free your mind...
But I can only show you the door.
You're the one that has to walk through it.

IS-Lazaren
Warder

Postby IS-Lazaren » Mar 22, 2015 15:21

Very nice rly ;)

just to be sure
will there be a char reset so all only loose items and stats and begin from new and hold the character names they owned before?
or will the chars be fully wiped so we have to create those char names new again if we are fast enough at begin release of uthgard?
Saw many crazy deals in the past ^^ and could imagine some bad trades in this case

about the problem after few years with casual and hardcore players and the rr difference.
Which changes could you think about to prevent a lack in rvr after a while to make it still interesting for casuals?

i know this was already posted but i wanted to add a sentence to it
Det for Hybrid:
it would help to make group rvr more variable and help those to get better groups even in maintime and later rr
maybe at begin it wont be a problem but im sure later on after the most reached rr 5 in the realm.
Overall it would help to make grouprvr more interesting for all and wouldnt give hybrid any advantage against other chars.

Crossrealmer:
isnt it possible to inplent a timer like 15 - 30 mins to prevent crossrealming based on wan adress or ip? then he got to restart his router but it still would take 5 mins to reconnect.
Last edited by IS-Lazaren on Mar 22, 2015 19:51, edited 2 times in total.

Trishin
Game Master
Game Master

Postby Trishin » Mar 22, 2015 15:25

Trishin wrote:...
  1. All submissions must be in the form of a question.

I just want to remind everyone of this ;)
Got any questions? Submit them to me and I will try to get them answered in our grab bag !
Rajnish wrote:Why didn't someone warn me that being GM means lots of boring research, logging, testing and organizing data....
I thought it was all about looking cool....

Uthgard Rules || How to connect || FAQ

Sumosan
Gryphon Knight

Postby Sumosan » Mar 22, 2015 15:30

when will be beta start?

who will be able to play beta? (open-beta?)

how long will be beta?

bel0919
Warder

Postby bel0919 » Mar 22, 2015 15:34

which patch level are you going to implement ?

Sazari
Warder

Postby Sazari » Mar 22, 2015 15:54

thank you for the grab bag topic. no questions yet, just waiting patiently to get started

Seksy
Eagle Knight

Postby Seksy » Mar 22, 2015 16:26

- What are your plans to prevent Realm hopping when there is a relic raid?

- Will we be allowed a higher variety of options when it comes to making money? As Uthgard 1.0 was very limited.

- How will you encourage Casual players to RvR when the odds are highly stacked against them? Will you allow different options( Missions) to further encourage Casuals that they can still make RP's?

- Will we be able to change our Character starting stats after we have created them( stat stones)?

- If and How will you allow players to get reskins?

- What Goals do you have in place before even considering opening the server?

- How long can we expect to wait for SI after the server is Launched?

- How far off are the RA's from being complete % wise?

- (must be answered lol) Is the Defpen that we worked hard for already implemented?

TY.

Jarqo
Eagle Knight

Postby Jarqo » Mar 22, 2015 17:05

Hello,
1)Do you planning brink old darkness falls texture skins and also other classic texture skins for other zones(i not count already done dragon lairs ;) )?
2)How you planning make Legion raid atractive for players?
3)Will we hear old sounds like: bow, mele swings,parry and so on ?
4)Will we keep a teleport keep to breifine(talking about hib realm atm :P) like it was on Uth 1.0 ?
5)Will you change the bonus granted by exping in specific zones?

Thanks for reading, more questions will come soon ^^
Regards Jarqo.
Best Sniper Ranger on Uthgard since 2007.
Looking for maps? Try http://jarqo91.wix.com/daoccamps

Baman
Myrmidon

Postby Baman » Mar 22, 2015 17:14

1. Exactly how is the xp system going to work and will PLing be possible?

2. Will buffing necro pets work correctly? (Stats from the player transfer to pet on summon allowing you to stack buffs)

3. Will drop rates be more reasonable?

4. Will you only be able to buy highest tier materials like arcanium in frontier keeps? (And later certain locations in SI)

5. Will we still be able to fail 10 times in a row when crafting gray items?

6. Will top 100 players from Uthgard 1 get a title or other reward?

Next

Return to News