Update from behind the construction fence!

Here you can comment on news articles.
hakkiha
Warder

Postby hakkiha » Apr 08, 2014 12:51

Panzer wrote:And who are you? 8O

I am someone unimportant and unknown too. I'm just fed up ppl crying for dev's trying to do something in good quality (which always gives delays). I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings during the process tho, it wasn't in my intentions :)

Lets just hope Uth gets back up soon, shall we?

(I actually was waiting for someone to grasp to my comment, but this was quick :))

Warjon
Gryphon Knight

Postby Warjon » Apr 08, 2014 18:32

Having just given up on Genesis and signed up to start tracking release here I would just like to see things done well at release. Our old NA guild never played Uth before because we were too far behind when our little guild heard about it. This time I am sure that many will try it. DAOC isn't a friendly game if your group is just starting out against RR 10s! Plus A small guild can die easily if they are not connected to the community at large.

As Origins proved there are a LOT of us out here that wish to play again and that rushing into this just doesn't work. Their mishaps and decisions killed the fever for some but not all! So it is good to hear that they are thinking about all us noobs that will probably hammer the system at release!

Boarder
INVADER

Postby Boarder » Apr 08, 2014 19:45

Another newbie to freeshards that's just marking time on genesis until Uthgard release. myself and a few diehard friends from NA cannot wait. Take the time to make it right devs, we appreciate your work!

Serpentarius
INVADER

Postby Serpentarius » Apr 14, 2014 03:33

That young DAoC itch is starting to scratch real hard for me. Real excited about nUthgard and what you all have been doing.

I know it's silly to ask for custom changes, but I would like to throw the idea out there of adopting a more live like AT system where people can still get the points even if they train the skill that autotrains. I only ask for this because I really want to play Alb but there is so much AT there that leveling is either like this :wall:, or if you spend the points in the AT skill, at endgame you're like this :cry:

If the burden of AT were removed, I for one would be an extremely happy camper. Let people level up with the spec they want to use, don't penalize them for leveling their character the way it was intended to be specced

Amped34
INVADER

Postby Amped34 » Apr 14, 2014 05:37

^ I second that

Moonwari
Warder

Postby Moonwari » Apr 14, 2014 09:50

I believe it was discussed somewhere and they actually approved the idea of the new AT system, but it will be announced as the server will be up :)

bodoterror6
Gryphon Knight

Postby bodoterror6 » Apr 14, 2014 16:59

any other news about release date? .. what's situation atm ?

tagratagra
Warder

Postby tagratagra » Apr 14, 2014 17:20

why i dont see people online in daocportal Uthgard? :(

Austerim
Alerion Knight

Postby Austerim » Apr 14, 2014 18:31

tagratagra wrote:why i dont see people online in daocportal Uthgard? :(
Read the thread?
[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> You have to be a c*** to be awesome at daoc
[3:10pm] <myrmidon^> that's what I learnt
[3:11pm] <Frosty_> then why does austerim suck
lordgriffon wrote:Oh by the way... ever seen a group of 8 smite clerics? Or play against a group like that? I have. Absolute devastation. The group that runs up against them can't kill them fast enough because smite clerics have sooooooo many tools at their disposal combined with decent ranged damage with 8 of them dudes doing it!

Denasti
Gryphon Knight

Postby Denasti » Apr 15, 2014 00:01

I would say that someone needs to sacrifice a virgin to get this process going!

but there aren't many virgins left and I don't have the confidence that anyone here could score it.

Sorry, too much game of thrones and vikings lately.

How bout a new update! Thanks and keep up the good work.

Yuya
Warder

Postby Yuya » Apr 15, 2014 17:17

zzZzzzz :bored:

Galandriel2
Phoenix Knight

Postby Galandriel2 » Apr 15, 2014 18:07

maybe sacrifice yuya, she is cheeky all the time !
[12:46] <Roundhouse_> actualy galandriel and blackbeard the master challenges out on heavytanks
[23:52] <Skarz> u are best skald i seen for long time

Yuya
Warder

Postby Yuya » Apr 15, 2014 18:34

Galandriel2 wrote:maybe sacrifice yuya, she is cheeky all the time !

I won't do!

majky666
Phoenix Knight

Postby majky666 » Apr 15, 2014 18:59

any info after month? How work goes?

trebbettes
Myrmidon

Postby trebbettes » Apr 15, 2014 23:25

Just downloaded daoc again after a year off, downloaded daoc portal, loaded it all up... Uthgard 0 players...

Check the forum...

Server Reset!?!

7 level 50s
4 LGM Crafters
Countless items

All gone!!!

Thank you uthgard staff, seriously. This is undoubtedly the most exciting thing since I started playing on this server many years ago. As you can see from above, I had a fair amount to lose from this reset. However this is genuinely fantastic and I cannot wait for the new server to open again. I'm positive it will bring new life to the community, it will allow you to trim the fat and put the entire player base on an even and fair footing moving forward.

Pay no head to the people on the forum crying and saying goodbye, I imagine they were the ones ruining the server for all the new players over the years.

My only request for the new environment... One realm only per person rule, please. Aside from the item/rule/gold imbalance which you are clearly aiming to rectify with this reset, cross realming was the second most damaging factor and really detracted from the original DAOC feel.

By the old gods and the new, I will be back!
The enemy lined the shore in a dense armed mass.
Among them were black-robed women with disheveled hair like Furies, brandishing torches.
Close by stood Druids, raising their hands to heaven and screaming dreadful curses.

PreviousNext

Return to News